Confusion about some game mechanic

Ítems with description of ´´whenever hit X times you deal X damage on next power ability´´ like Elder Thing have a internal cooldown of counting hit times o no ?I mean,there are multihit skill like chaos basic,and channeling spell like blood and Blade,they hit 3/2 times in a second,so did that all count as hit o only count once per second?
And another question about this…if you did hit 6 times but your next spell is a elite/basic/special spell,did the proc just canceled o it stays until next time you use power ability thus proc the effect?
Thx in advance.I lved the Elder thing to 70 and planning switch crushed cities with that,but I am confused about this mechanic.

There is a unwriten rule that allows such a trigger, to only kick in once every second. This keeps the multihitters from going bonkers.

As for the second part it says ‘next power’ meaning it should be held onto, until the next power attack happens.

So even use a channeled attack which hit 2times per second,it count as only hit once every second,right?

Yeah, although being 2.5 second casts kinda messes with the timing (first cast will generate 3, second cast will generate 2)

If you do an instant 1s then a cast time 1s you’ll sometimes skip an opportunity (eg. pairing anything with elemental) cause it alternates 0s and 2s gaps between hits

Well I just tested on dummy that it Works with blood maleficium being 2 maleficium and proc at the mid of the 3rd malefium,so it seems you dont need to cast a new one but could proc at the mid of channeling.