Console Exclusives?

I bought a console knowing it had limitations and that quite a lot of games are going to have features and exclusives that were not available for the console versions of the same games. It’s not an isolated thing. I got kids and bills to pay as well but that’s my problem, not yours and not funcoms. You are speaking as if pc has stuff we don’t. Early access and test live is it and you WILL get access to exactly the same stuff just not as soon as you snap your fingers like you expect.

So PC gets mods, early access exclusive content (The rhino skin for Siptah that was suppose to had been for consoles also), testlive, and so on. While we the console players get the base game, delayed updates, and poor treatment when asking or voicing legitimate complaints. And its not even Funcom answering the questions its the PC players who dont give a rat’s backside whats going on with consoles. If you are ok with that then fine i respect your opinion, but im not ok with accepting lesser quality customer service simply cause i play on a slightly cheaper platform. If you bought a dvd to watch a movie and 10% of the scenes were cut out and they told you that you had to buy it again on blu ray to see the full movie would that be ok?

I’m not trying to change your opinion, I just disagree is all. The ONLY thing that pc has that we don’t get eventually is mods and that is not funcom holding us back but our choice of platform which has been my point from the get go. Sony and Microsoft don’t allow mods. I’m sure If that were not the case funcom would be only to happy to let us have them. Well them and the ppl that create them of course would have to agree. And I don’t know why you would expect pc users to care about something that doesn’t in the least bit affect them. Of course they don’t. Good luck anyway man I hope we do get exclusives lol I certainly wouldn’t say no to them.

1 Like

Thank you for understanding. Though I must point out that Fallout 4 has mods on console that are still being made and updated.

1 Like

I apologise it’s Sony that does not allow external assets that’s why only some of the mods for fallout 4 are available for Sony. You used to be able to download swapa from Bethesda to get a few more for ps4 but they stopped allowing that as well.

While i understand very well your envy, and wish to have and use mods, especially if you love build, and decorate, i think it’s not the good way to make exclusive content, or exclude anybody on any plateforme.

It’s up to the console industry to be more open to mods, and not so picky about rights, and allowing externe assets. Few the devs can do for that, nor the pc players being punished in a way that console players can’t easily use mods.

I play this game on pc since very early acces, i love testlive, and see how the game develope even more over time. Sure mods are nice, and most of us love them, and use them. I realy wish console players could also enjoy them much more, but again, it’s not players or devs choice. But sure, i wouldn’t like be excluded now after all this time.

2 Likes

Wait Darkzombie youre an Aussie too!? Hah! We have much to discuss my friend.

And you are correct about us calling everyone mate. Bloke is not an uncommon one either. Then there are the more ‘creative’ nicknames we come up with for one another.

2 Likes

Ehhh, they spend some time making it mod friendly at the expense of of non mod players.

I too played since day 1 EA on console. A lot of the time it was frustrating, but actually fun to see a new update or hotfix. I bought every dlc excited to see what new things we could create in decorations or make bases monumental.
But yes, as time has gone on it feels console was left out more…set aside…everytime a moderator said " we know, be patient " it felt like console was the child told…" Just a minute"…but never got a worthy, explained response.
Now we will finally see Siptah. Thats great. Im glad.
I agree. Console should have mods we can use. Im for it.
But aren’t our hands tied? Dont we have to be at the mercy of Dev’s choosing what mods, Microsoft certs and then it borking the game again for us?
I can see microtransactions for sets of dlcs. Like I said before of pvp items or plants and vines or linens instead of FC taking more time to add things for console play.
Its not how I would do it, or truly want it, but the way other games are with smaller unnecessary items for game play, it may be conans future for console.

Aussie through and through bloke :joy: nice! I don’t tend to run into many other Aussies in the gaming scene. As for calling everyone mate, I’m a construction worker to boot so I’m really bad for it lol. If things get heated with the missus I’m good for busting out the occasional “Listen here mate!” Which goes down really well as you can imagine and ends with me in the doghouse for the night. It also means that my actual mates nicknames are as you say quite…colourful :joy::joy: and absolutely not printable here lol. I also don’t know my
Neighbour’s name as I’ve been calling him bloke, cobb, mate, bud for the last 10 years and I don’t want to embarrass myself admitting I don’t know it lol :joy:. I’m from Nsw about 2 hrs south of the big smoke pretty close to the coast. Primo spot :ok_hand:

1 Like

:point_up:t2: Shellharbour here. I’m on PS5. Don’t get to play as much as I used to. What servers youse playing on? If I remember correctly, @Croms_Faithful is a solo player…

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: la esclusividad ya la lanzaron! con la ultima actualización.
Ya los servidores Oficiales JCe.C no funcionan. Nos bloquean la mayoria de las cosas 2.3 hasta la salida de Siptah. Y ya no se puede ir Desnudo por el Mapa… Os parece poco la Esclusiva ¿?
Exclusiva = Algo unico en Consola y no PC.
Novedad = Algo nuevo…
Y por lo visto, Lo que ocurre en Consola no ocurre en PC :wink: Gracias por la Exclusividad… -.-

Plug and play…people know when they buy a game for console there is no tweaking settings like they would have to on a comparatively priced rig.

Also alot of people work on keyboards and mouse all day. They want the ease of turn on hit start. I am one of those. I do pc sometimes.
Some want that throwback child hood feeling of console.
Plus some parents still feel gaming is a child’s toy, thus console for thier kids.

1 Like

Well, in my case, my husband and I as well as our 11 yr old have consoles. So price for 3 pcs and maintenance, uh no. Second, we live in a little house. Cute little place, but no room for 1 desktop, let alone 3. Third, our son who lives in Nevada and daughter in Missouri have xboxes. So we can party chat with them as we play. So thats nice.
Hope I answered your questions

1 Like

except for windows update steam update another update…I play both…consoles are way easier for casual gamers to lig and play.

1 Like

Shellharbour is a really nice spot mate. I’ll drop my server numbers when I get home. I’m not active on the 2 pvp servers I usually play on but I’m on a pve at the moment that’s not bad.

1 Like

ah and adding stuff exclusively to console will unite us?

2 Likes

I am sure that you can come with something better then this.

well the sham argument is not mine, but complaining about unequal treatment and then demanding unequal treatment is a bit absurd

based on this basic demand, i don’t have to say much more about the other points, apart from the fact that most of the points are not really in funcom’s hands.

ms and sony don’t like external sources and also have a very time consuming certification process. that alone makes mods and testlive not really practical. i haven’t even included all the concerns that can arise from mods. we’re talking about very limited resources on consoles. there is a reason why many of funcom’s optimizations take place in the context of consoles.

3 Likes

Didn’t know you didn’t like Croms_Faithful that much.

“Expense” is bit of an exaggeration. Compared to development of the rest of the game, mods get probably a whole 1% out of a 100% pie. They made some excellent tools for us yes, and we’re grateful. But it’s not like they are exclusively working on modding tools at the “expense” of the actual game.

It took a good 2 years of us asking (me in particular was on my hands and knees begging) to make adding new weapons (actual weapons, as in new weapon combo types or weapon classes, not new meshes) into a more mod friendly way as we were severely limited before. And even THAT will greatly benefit the overall game more then it will mods.

What Testerle said. Even if there were mods on console, only a very tiny percentage of them would be something a PS4 or Xbox One could actually handle. They have trouble with the base game as it is (and that’s after the client versions for both are nerfed compared to PC and newer console platforms).

Finally, yes PC has mods. But don’t forget the people who make that an actual possibility. If people like Testerle didn’t exist, there wouldn’t be mods to begin with.

Is this line really necessary? Maybe I’m misreading this, and I’m admittingly a bit jaded after yet another uptick of dealing with toxic players using my mods (and observing the same towards other mod users), so I could be reading more into this then the intended meaning. But once again, us mod creators do what we do, for free, on our free time. Why we are somehow the source of all evil to many in this community, both who use our mods and those who don’t, is beyond me. I am finally starting to understand why so many mod authors quit working on their mods, whether thats in Conan Exiles, or any other game (Skyrim, Ark, etc)…

Neither of these are viable with certification processes that Microsoft and Sony force developers to go through. I’m pretty sure you know this already though, and it’s been discussed to death.

This is a reoccurring theme on these forums. Console players feel left out. Things like Test Live, Early Access, Mods, they all have justifiable reasons why they are PC only things. Some console players understand this, others feel left out (I’m sure there are many Console players who would love to help test out on Testlive if they could. I’m not going to invalidate those feelings. Console players just went through a very long wait for a major patch (a very, very long wait). I would be upset too.

So that’s the heart of it right. What can FC do to help console players feel more included? I’m with Testerle and I don’t think adding exclusives to console will help unite a fractured playerbase (even outside of Conan Exiles, there is the never ending Console vs PC wars). And lets be honest, if they added an exclusive Xbox Green Dye for Xbox players, PlayStation players would get upset they didn’t have access to that. And a special blue dye for Playstation, same deal for Xbox players (and I’m sure PC players would shake their fists too at both, though some like myself could just mod that in).

So, what else could be done? I think starting with a return to same day patches for all platforms would be a good start. That means PC players are actually getting a delayed patch because they have to wait for console certification to happen. But waiting a few days isn’t going to hurt PC players, that’s how many other games (and Conan Exiles itself at one point) did it so console players don’t feel like they are being treated differently. If you see (insert any game here) where a console patch comes out the same day as a PC patch, its because the company purposely delayed the deployment of the PC patch until consoles certification was done.

I would like to see a move to Xbox Series S and X, and Playstation 5 being a requirement for the game, eventually. Why? We know PS4 and Xbox One are holding back a lot of features (performance reasons continue to be a constant concern). Maybe things that mod users on PC have enjoyed for forever would start to trickle down more onto Console if performance wasn’t as much of a concern. Maybe Microsoft move towards Xbox and PC being nearly identical gaming platforms will make modding on Xbox more viable in the future (we can forget Playstation though. Sony has openly admitted they only want to do things that benefit them and not their players).

Bottom line, steps to divide the community more is generally not going to go over well. Steps to bridge the gap, make it look more like one community, that’s best for the overall health of the game.

6 Likes