Consoles Getting the Update?

I am sorry to be negative here, I really am. But I am getting a sense of deja vu from how long we had to wait for the Momentum movement parity patch to hit consoles. Basically for consoles we got it 6-7 weeks after PC and had to wait until after the Christmas holidays. I care about this game and also about Funcom. But I am becoming disenchanted and frustrated with the way things have been lately. And it isnt just new members trolling, I see a lot of veteran players saying this here and elsewhere. I think that the issue for most people is the lack of communication. I remember when not so long Funcom apologised and told us they were going to start communicating better in the future. Sadly it feels like the opposite has occured.

10 Likes

Ya, I know that feeling… something breaks, and they get to run off for holidays. And we get a broken game for 3-4+ months till something happens. =/

I’m still mad a jumping/rotation thing from year before…

2 Likes

@Croms_Faithful If they told us it’s going to be 1 to 3 months out it would be better than knowing nothing waiting day to day. So people could make plans on moving forward. New map rent my server for another 6 months no updates, good question it’s been over 2 years now without seriously playing any other games. May be time.

3 Likes

Hey there,

The console parity patch is currently going through QA, after which it has to go through certification with the platform companies.
They are currently unable to provide an ETA, but will do so when they can.

A ‘hopeful thinking’ estimate was given before -not an official ETA- but this date has since past. It’s possible that QA found some issues and additional testing had to be done.
It was also mentioned they were a bit overwhelmed while the EU team was on holidays.

2 Likes

this is the same response I was given by you a week or two ago.

my confidence is low.

2 Likes

Hey there,

The update is ready, it’s waiting approval in its certification process.
Apologies for the delay, but we decided to dedicate more time to it given some of the critical issues it caused on PC, as well as the Summer vacations hitting in the middle of it.

9 Likes

Thank you very much for the news.

1 Like

@alibaba (closed post)
@GamingSlade (PS4 Updates and dlc/map etc)
@Barbaria (Hey People Update PS4?)
See above update.

1 Like

@Ignasi
thanks for the update.
If there was a decision to spend more time on the update, will there be an updated list of which changes were made compared to the Update 41 for PC?

Regarding certification, will this drop on a Tuesday, or will it get pushed out right away following certification?

1 Like

We’re aiming to release it this week, but please keep in mind that this no longer is in our hands and any delays in the certification process could affect this.
It will include most of the changes applicable found in Update 41 and any following patches and hotfixes.

2 Likes

Quick update, everyone:
The update has been pushed back slightly due to some issues in the certification process. It’s scheduled for the earliest available date, which is early next week.
Apologies for the delay, but please be aware of its possibility when dealing with estimated dates.

9 Likes

Thank you for the update. :grinning:

2 Likes

I appreciate the information, thanks.

2 Likes

It would be nice to disable decay before the patch, just in case some problem does not let players to refresh decay time (oficial servers).

1 Like

Good idea @donbzm but that would make it sound like they expected it to Bomb. I hope they do turn it off even though I don’t play official.

1 Like

I agree that turning off the decay timers pro-actively would go a long way to relieve the stress of some players, should something go wrong when the new update gets pushed out.

1 Like

I think it would sound like they care about the players. I’m quite sure nothing bad will happen this time, but just in case.

1 Like

Let’s hope so Now I know it update is coming soon makes me feel more optimistic.

2 Likes

Thankyou so much for the update Ignasis, we really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update

2 Likes