I can see server and join them, but I lose the connection to any server after a few moments (normally 5 seconds to 3 minutes). This happens on official servers and on a private one that a few friends rented (that’s why I want to play online; none of them has any connection issues).
I tried more or less every suggestion solution in various “lost connection” threads and none worked yet.
Here are a few things that I tried already:
- Reinstall the game via Steam and deleting the local files first (I got a physical day 1 edition and used the DVDs to install the game)
- deactivate Windows Firewall and my Antivirus
- Updated the graphic card driver (I did so shortly before the “last big windows 10 update” about 3 weeks ago, but now I did it again).
- Run Steam as Admin
- reinstall BattleEye (also uninstall it; my friend’s Server doesn’t use it)
- Checking my Ping ingame (it was 60-80 at “prime time” and my friend’s server does not kick people with bad pings)
- No mods installed (any of us)
- Different screen settings (VSinc off, from borderless window to fullscreen etc.)
- Using Steams direct connect to the server
- Using the battlemetrics website instead of Steam
- checking/repairing my network connection with “netsh winsock reset” as admin in CMD
- Putting my max fps to 30 (which the server uses; down from 60)
- Increasing virtual RAM (from “automatic” to 100-150% of my physical 12gb RAM)
- Graphic settings are medium or lower; I already tested the lowest setting and the low-end Laptop mode. (hardware is more than enough, especially RAM)
I should mention that there was a big Windows 10 “feature update” lately and I hope it didn’t mess with anything (my microphone suddenly stopped working on my PC until I found out that a new EU privacy setting blocked all apps from using the microphone)
My friend’s rented Server Name is “4Netplayers Dune” and the ip is “220.127.116.11:7777” (I won’t post the password ofc)
In case that a Moderator suggests to email in at the funcom help page: Can you please send me the email adress via PM? I don’t see a clickable button on that page or the adress itself (using Chrome; not sure if it got blocked by scriptblockers etc.)
I appreciate any help that lets me play on my friend’s rented server without rejoining about 40 times per hour
edit: I made a log file (editing only the server password), but I can’t add .txt files here. I can post the text here if you wish, but I can post only 99000 characters and I need 123k+ if I add the whole log. I could quote parts of it in a second posting if you wish.
edit2: how long does a first response in the support forum take on average? I posted this thread more than 48 hours ago (monday morning).