Continued disconnects with Chapter 3 Update during fights on PS5

My server 3052 , yesterday lost connection during pvp fighting, two opponents+ 4 or their zombies and me and thrall and horse. During the mayhem I lost connection 3 times , lost the battle this time but was a lot of fun although it would be even more fun without the connection losses.

1 Like

This does seem to be a general issue, at first I thought it was only with Rotbranch, as it happens every single time you fight him, but it may be based off the fact that the Rotbranch I fight is located in a heavily built up area of the map around Mounds of the Dead.

This issue definitely happens most often fighting larger groups of NPCs and very commonly happens as they are about to do some kind of rotational attack, whether it’s a tail whip, swinging arms, or just a jumping attack with an axe. This commonly happens to me while fighting Wight’s, Mammoths, and Rotbranch. Again, crucially, they are all located close to very populated building areas. When I go somewhere like the Frost Temple, I don’t lose connection even once.

The worst of the worst from my experience seems to be the Purge, while I may get disconnected in front of the Barrow King 2 or 3 times while killing everything there, the Purge can literally kick you 10-15 times in just a few minutes. It makes the Purge almost entirely impossible!

2 Likes

Fighting does it. I’m on an official server and it’s bad in the Summoning Place but I’ve had it happen along Noob River, up north and in Unnamed City. I dc’d 3 times yesterday morning over several hours. PS5, hard wired, 1 gb internet. There is still a lot of stuttering at times too.

Most of the time when I restart the game from these I’m right where I was and alive. Last week I was dead and in the starter zone, not at my bed nor bedroll. Glad at least that changed.

1 Like

Any place will do it with enough happening there. I had a rock nose purge under the waterfall near the white tiger boss. Disconnected at the start of 3rd wave when 10 or so of the one skull mini bosses spawned. Repeated disconnects to the point it was impossible to spend more than a few seconds in game before getting booted. Should probably consider NOT adding anymore content until performance and stability issues are addressed. It’s like bolting more add ons onto an already overloaded vehicle.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, regardless of location, this symptom is especially prevalent during combat, although it varies in frequency.

In terms of experience, it is especially likely to occur in battles with enemies that have large changes in depiction.

↑ is a distribution that was performed after the Chapter 3 update.
44:20, 56:25, 1:03:40, disconnected.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for this information! We have a few more questions if you have the time to answer them.

• What Console version are you playing on? (PS5, PS4 slim,…)
  • Are you using a wireless or wired internet connection?
  • Does this behavior seen on Single Player?
  • If you are experiencing this in an Official Server, please share the Official Server Number with us.

These questions are to assist us in narrowing down what the root of the issue could be :smile:

1 Like

PS5, wired net connection 1GB, it happens in all official servers I play (3029, 3030, 8002). Didn’t test in single player.

I’m the one who uploaded the video.
My environment is below.
・Playing PS5
・wired
・It has not occurred in Single Play so far.
・The official server I mainly play on is #4064

• However, it occurs regardless of the server.
  • PS5 and PS5 digital Ed.
  • Wired VDSL250
  • probably not since I usually don’t use a Server in SP!!!
  • In my case PVE #8007

PS5
wired connection
1GB per second speed
never played Single Player, only official

it is definitely a major issue on Official PVE server #3531, especially in the Mounds of the Dead

3 Likes

Only for your info. Today’s update does not solve the problem.

2 Likes

I got it at sepermeru as well, just trying to run by the sand reaper queen. As soon as she spotted me and aggro’d, I crashed. Twice.

Also crashing after going through some transports again.

1 Like

The only place I frequent that I’ve had absolutely no issues at all, is the Frost Temple. It’s got good XP for killing the Frost Giants, and I’ve yet to “Lose Connection” once, even while fighting the boss or in the Smith room or anywhere else where you can aggro two or more at once!

Did a run through of the Unnamed City yesterday and one disconnect fighting a one skull dragon. After leaving and going to Sepamaru I got aggroed by the black rhino. 8 disconnects. I get it fighting skulled enemies, and just twice when nothing was going on. It’s got something to do with the performance patch before the new season update. Had no disconnects up until then. The issue has been made worse by the new update.

It appears anywhere people build frequently for the most part. Anything that requires a lot of memory causes crashes in those areas. Apparently boss attacks are taxing, as well as transportory stones. We already knew the stones were (and something NEEDS to be done about them), but it would seem that boss attacks are as well.

It is obvious but Funcom has lost total control over the game!
The condition it is in has even worsend after the last update! Now you not only get disconnected during fights, but you can’t log in again until it is over!
This is almost the tipping point for me bevor seeking legal advice. You want us to pay for the battlepass, but instead of fixing important issues, you just keep making the game worse and almost unplayable!
Do you actually know what you are doing?

2 Likes

Two updates and still the same problem. Maybe some info about how it is going will be fine. Thank you

8 times it disconnected for me. The island on east side of noob river on that island with the rotbranch.

I wasn’t even fighting. I was just trying to get across the island. But it was chasing and trying to attack me.

I got disconnected and then logged back in but only for a second or two before immediately getting disconnected.

After the 5th one I managed to jump into the river. But since my horse was still there I tried to circle back around so I could get my horse back in follow mode.
2 more disconnects trying to get away from rotbranch and to my horse.

I never attacked the rotbranch once. I was always just trying to lure and/or run away.

Now here’s the worst part, as I was running away the rotbranch killed me. And as soon as the death pop up to pick spawn location appeared, I was immediately disconnected for the 8th time.
And when I respawned back at my base I tried to summon my corpse, the ritual completed but my body was not there!
I tried the ritual 4 more times in between restarts to see if I could get the body to appear. It let me do the ritual each time but body never appeared.

I logged in with a secondary character to see if I could see the body. Nope.

The death loot icon showed on the map right where my circle of power or wherever it is called. But no body.

After 30 minutes the log showed everything decayed.

So frustrating! :sob::sob::sob:
I should have just left and not tried to rescue the horse. Eventually the horse returned on its own. But lost everything I was carrying :weary:

I’ve also had the disconnect just with 3 crocodiles at that little exile camp along noob river where there are crocodile spawns.

Edit: I’m on ps5

same here on PS4 during purge or like you said with a lot of npcs my friend and I will disconnect like one to three times very frustrating hope they come out with a huge big fix update soon.

Is there a bunch of bases or really large builds there? I have a good size main base nearby on my server, but it’s in the cove on the other side of the pass of the big island, so I’m far enough away from that rottbranch. I have no issues there as there’s no builds by it currently (last I checked anyway).

1 Like