Corpse Marker Can Be Destroyed By Other Players on PvE Servers

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

If you die on a PvE server, and someone else chops up your body, the tombstone marker disappears, and you can no longer loot your body to get your belongings back.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Offend a passive-aggressive jerk on a PvE server.
  2. Die while leveling a new character.
  3. Run back to your corpse just in time to see them chop it up before running like a coward.
  4. Observe that there is no body, tombstone, or lootbag containing your gear.
  5. Roll your eyes, load in one of your level 60s and give yourself back the gear the piss-ant robbed you of.
  6. File a bug report so this doesn’t happen to other PvE players who can’t easily recover from such a craven act.
1 Like

Question: did you check the event log where your body used to be? Normally if you chop a corpse, there should be a lootbag. However, if someone looted you before chopping you up, there would be no lootbag.

Hello @Larathiel, thank you for bringing this up!

Could you confirm whether there are any related messages in the Event Log?

It’s likely that he has looted your belongings before chopping up the corpse.

2 Likes

Here are the messages I found after I got killed up at Mounds. My thrall died not long after, but most of the items lost were on my newest character. From what I can see, it looks like everything decayed.

So it doesn’t look there has been any regression on the bug-fix to PvE players being able to loot other players on PvE servers. That’s what makes it so strange that the corpse marker could be destroyed instead of just the body.

1 Like

Hey CM, didn’t see your replay until after I responded to Hugo. On PvE servers, players cannot loot the corpses of other players nor the lootbags left behind if their base, pet, or body decays or gets chopped up.

For some time, there was a bug that allowed one to loot the body of another player on PvE, but that was fixed several months ago and has not regressed (as far as I can tell).

Good suggestion though. :slight_smile:

Oh, sorry, I forgot you were playing on PVE, not PVE-C. My bad.

No worries, it’s just due diligence to make sure.

I’ve had other people chop up my body on a PVE server before. However, it used to leave a loot bag behind, which you had to get to before it decayed. Are you sure there was no loot bag?

Quite sure, though even if there was, that’s still problematic because those decay so much more quickly than a corpse or tombstone. Point is, even if the body is chopped up, the tombstone needs to remain inviolate.

You mean not even during free weekends :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.