Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: Siptah
Mods?: No
Edition:Steam

Bug Description:

Feat crafting recipes not appearing in inventory or in benches

Expected Behavior:

Logged out, checked for corrupt files, killed character, and should be able to see all recipes that are unlocked by feats but unable to see anything but basic crafting recipes that are started with before unlocking any feats. Filters are set to show all.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Happened randomly while being logged in

Greetings,

Thank you for your report. Would you be able to share some screenshots showing the issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Ok adding this after the fact after seeing a couple of other posts.

Game mode: [SELECT ONE] Single player
Type of issue: [SELECT ONE] | Bug? Other
Server type: [SELECT ONE] Uh…Single Player I guess
Region: [ Please enter your server region ] No idea. My bedroom
Mods?: [ Are mods installed?] No
Edition: [ Select one: Steam ] Revision (#301897/29850)

I am having the same issue. No idea what caused it to happen. At my Set altar, I lost the ability to craft the higher tiered items like the daggers or the armor. Just today, I needed to make insulated wood and now it has disappeared. These are game breaking bugs. lol not cool. I will post a couple of screenshots after this. The recipes appear as blank but visible squares.

Ok. I guess I unintentionally lied. Now ALL of the recipes are gone in my Set altar. It only shows the zeals now. Odd bug to say the least. The only difference from yesterday to today is that I rode a horse to my base today, oh, and the date has changed. Nope. I was playing up until 2am, so the date is the same. hmmm. Oh well, your idiotic system keeps “new users” from uploading screenshots so…damn.

I should have added that I am playing single player. I quit, logged out of steam, and then restarted. No change. Next, I will quit again and do the verify files thing even though none of the files could have changed midgame because I literally played it all day yesterday. Afterwards, I will migrate the files onto my laptop and try it there.

No love using the laptop. The same issue followed it there. So, after that, I used a backed up save file from 7/02 and the issue had cleared up. So the info, I assume, is in the save files. I doubt since the system won’t allow me to post a pic it probably won’t allow me to upload my game saves. I’ll fart around with trying to use a backup save file from the same day and see what happens. Oh and btw, I verified the files and it was 100%.

Ok. My latest attempt was to swap a save game from 7-03 and rename it game and it’s predecessor game_backup_1. The odd thing is that the new fault from this morning followed into the save game from the 3rd when the Set altar wasn’t doing this. Now, after loading the game both the Set altar and the Imp Carp Table have the missing recipes. Most peculiar. I will endeavor to mess about some more.

Ok. I give up. I went to the oldest save file from 7-03 and deleted the rest. When I got into the game, I was WAY away from where I started the day. lol So I ran back to a base and caught a thrall on my way. When I got back to my house, I opened the crafting menu to make a wheel of pain and it was gone too. Everything under “whee” in the search pane was gone. I quit. I’m going to wipe the entire game and start over. I still have all of the files from the Save folder from this morning. If you all figure it out, I can at least get my progress of the past 40 hours or so back. If not, eh, I’ll start over anyway. I’ll save the entire Conan Exiles folder to a hd and wipe it from my system. Oh yes, and damn it all to Hell for the trouble but the game is fun.

Ok. Now I’m pissed. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. The problem persists. Really?! WTF?!?! I deleted everything to do with the game. Guess I should have cleaned the registry. Does Win10 even have a registry? Ugh. Well, there goes my fun. damnit

Actually, I hadn’t deleted EVERYTHING. I had to do a Search in Windblows for the word Conan. Found everything to do with the game and deleted them. Then, I reinstalled the game for the second time and the issue has not resurfaced, yet. It amazes me how buggy this game is. I thought it was out of Early Access type problems, but nope. This game could absolutely rock if it wasn’t for the innumerable glitches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.