Crash on launch

Have reinstalled after completely clearing out all game files, verified, etc. Error continues to occur. Anybody else run into it and found a fix?

Edit: Appending text of error so it will get picked up by search indexers.

Fatal error: [File:C:\B\branch_ConanSandbox_Test\code\UE4\Source\ConanSandbox\ConanSandbox.cpp] [Line: 516]
Mounted paks num(41) not equal to expected paks num(40). Please verify your installation.

Game mode: None - Crashes on Launch
Problem: Crash
Crash dump link: Didn’t receive one after entering email.

Repro steps:

1. Run the game.
1 Like

Same problem here.

I have the exact same issue.

Maybe try sending a support email and linking to this? I’ve done so, dunno if it will help.

Getting a crash with a c0000005 exception and launch.

Especially frustrating considering I’ve played since EA release with no issues beyond in game bugs. Also submitted a support email and have gotten no response.

I fixed it.

Rename your Steam library folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common is default) so that it doesn’t uninstall all your stuff.

Uninstall Steam.

Install Steam.

Change the folder name back, relaunch Steam, tell it to download the game. Should rediscover the files.

The above fixed it for me.

Hey anreill,
I used a similar method to fix another game before.
I moved the game to a different directory, uninstalled the game in Steam, move the game back and told it to install. It discovered the existing files and fixed my issue.

Doing it this way won’t reset any Steam settings but should work just as well. I guess I could have just renamed the folder before telling it to uninstall the game though.

I’d already essentially tried that. It was the Steam reinstall that fixed it, just migrating the game didn’t do anything.

Ah, gotcha. I’m glad it’s fixed!

this metod work but…when i try turn on second time the game the error appeared again

i found reason ,msi afterburner when it was turn on game will crash, when turn of game will start.
sorry for my english :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.