Crom coins for Bazaar not added yet

I bought the 19.99 U.S dollar Crom Coins for the Conan Exiles Bazaar, and they havent been added to my account, its nearly been an hour since purchase, though my 9.99 purchase went through successfully.
Is there some way I can get the coins or have I been ripped off?

2 Likes

Ja hier bei mir das gleiche! FĂĽr 10 Euro 1200 Crom MĂĽnzen gekauft, bei der Playstation im Einkaufsverlauf ersichtlich aber im Spiel bis jetzt noch nicht erhalten. Ist jetzt sicher schon gut eine Stunde um.
Hoffe es klärt sich und der Kauf wird gut geschrieben, sonst kann man hier nur von Betrug reden.

I purchased the 34.99 package and sent an email to them on same subject of not recieving. Havent heard from them so I called Sony. Sony wont help me because they said the coins were used and they wont refund my money. The coins were not used because I did not recieve them. Feeling very angry and helpless.

2 Likes

Logout of your ps4 start it back up. This has helped some people with the issue
@GypsyWhite @Kailani @Silvermoonz . Good luck :+1:.

1 Like

Logged out back in reboot game reboot system, nothing.

2 Likes

It has worked for some people was here on the Forum. @Community can you help these Exiles out.? You could file a Zendesk report information on how is in the introduction pages of Forum.

1 Like

Ausloggen, neu einloggen, ps4 neustarten… Hat leider bei mir auch nichts geändert. Dabei wollte ich doch einfach nur den Battlepass kaufen :sweat:

Same here, I just bought the $34.99 Crom Coin pack, never added. I tried rebooting the game, and I rebooted the PS5 as well. Still no coins.

1 Like

I just had something similar happen. Bought 2 of the 7800 coin packs, coins only showed up for one of the purchases. Tried the restarts, still only recieved 7800 instead of both.

I just purchased some coins for $34.99 for 5,040 Crom Coins and it’s been over an hour and I still haven’t received my coins yet. I’ve also rebooted my system still nothing. How can I get this resolved? At least have my coins

I know you’re trying to help. But there is a lot of frustration here. They tell us to make a report in game, they refer people to zenidesk and this is the page they talk about.

They also make mention of a report feature for this in game for further assistance- but don’t specify which and there is none that really fits, then what if you get the wrong one? They gonna flag you for a false report?

I’ve restarted PlayStation. I’ve quit to menu like they said. I’ve followed the steps they’ve provided - yet nothing.

3 Likes

Understand. Things are just too screwed up the older work arounds no longer work. I going to stay out of this and similar conversations. Funcom needs to get it together.

3 Likes

I’m sure everyone appreciates what you’ve done. I sure do. It is great seeing familiar faces being helpful. It’s just a bad situation

2 Likes

The Same on my ps4 addes 34,99€ yesterday dont work. Redtart ps4 added another 9,99€ it works. But still left my 34,99€ Donation. Funcom do anything!:v:

3 Likes

I did the report im request to help like they say and I’ll be damned there isnt an option to request help from money stolen. I’m very upset about the fact i bought two packages of crom and havent gotten either. If i pay for services i expect a company to honor those services or refund me. I’m very disappointed in this.

4 Likes

I bought the 19.99 32 hours ago and still haven’t received them. Getting really irritated, they got my money but didnt deliver. And it is damn near impossible to get any assistance on this matter

2 Likes

I also bought 2 of the 19.99 packs and nothing just nothing, they really need to fix

2 Likes

A @Community members posted this. hope this is more helpful.

1 Like

I agree. There shouldn’t be this many issues rolling out a bazaar type shop or whenever money is exchanged.

1 Like

I’ve recently made a purchase for crom coins. I followed all the troubleshooting options I could find, I made a “Request Help” ticket but I am unsure I chose the correct one following what available options there were - and with my limited understanding on them.

Bug Report - fails and sends me here.
Report player
Funcom ID change
Official server performance
Ban appeal
Character transfer issues

I have the PlayStation transaction history receipt and the confirmation email - but no crom coins. I have seen others being linked to the zendesk but I have not seen from there how to submit a ticket.

Again, I’ve made a “request help” in game from the available option I thought was the correct one - but was it the right one? Which one was specifically for this bazaar/crom coin issue?

What option are we supposed to use in game for the request help?

How do we make a ticket for the zendesk I don’t see the option, mayhaps because I’m on a mobile? But I don’t see an option for a ticket.