Crom RP/"Lone wolf" character - Requesting tips & tricks

I believe in the last patch for consoles if you take some distance from the fight then the hp of the for is full again . Plus the time I believe you referring must be before the ’ rhino bag ’ . It is more than six months now or more that you stuck under their feet . Rhino or reptilian monstrosity it’s the same , the one headed boss in jungle (across Derceto religion) have the same moves . @bbtech use this boss to learn the moves ,but it doesn’t has a pattern , the moves are random and the only thing that is changing them is the distance that you keep from your enemy . I really wish they 'll fix theese bugs , it would be awesome .

2 Likes

I think I experienced this yesterday with a normal rhino. Usually when I dodge roll their stomping charge, I dodge to the side, but I tried dodging straight forward towards him this time. The rhino charge ignored my dodge roll hyperarmor and I got damaged by every rhino step and was sent flying backwards at the end.

1 Like

Venom infused weapons are not useless. I use the durability upgrade on the daggers to raise their pathetic durability and an axe. Daggers stuck 10 poisoning and 20 bleeding really fast, so i use the axe to keep the stucks running. You don’t need so much dmg, let the other effects do the job :wink:. I am telling you this because sometimes, some opponents give you less options to strike.

1 Like

I usually do this exact same thing! Open with daggers. 1H axe to maintain. Letting status effects do the damage for you helps a lot, gives you the chance to briefly disengage, saves durability cost to weapons, can also save on your armor and health if you’re good at avoiding damage.

1 Like

Do you know what would be super cool? A veteran pve server, dificulty barbarick and all the veterans would meet in the dungeons or the world bosses , without thralls. Ofcurse on consoles too. Creating a private server like that it’s easy, still the admin holds’ the barrel with the honey 'and he would be broken. So this is the reason i ask official server. A tottaly fair play server, with common effort and charity tables so we can trade things. Ofcurce, this is only a fools wish nothing more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but just imagine

2 Likes

@stelagel On PC of course! And a server with proper mods to make it even more fun! And the Admin has to be lovely and will not put up with B.S.! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :smiley:

Ummm… :wink: :kiss:

Sorry…that was kind of blatant yes? :rofl:

1 Like

The daggers used to be OP for the stun lock, they have removed it from them and put it on the spear.
Only reason I recommend them to start with.
I also hate them. But when you are new, you will get reach and stun.

I use axes and shields because I am the clan meat shield.

When Im on my own I carry a katana. Nasty machine, if you know how to use it. Also a stamina hog.

We only use the spear until we build the machines needed to make other weapons. Mrs, Mrs Jones only uses a spear. She keeps them at bay until the thrall takes over the fight.

Croms Faithful,
I did say as a beginner weapon, until you are into steel. level 20-30 depending how fast you can make steel. We get it in the the early 20s as soon as we can spear the crocs in the cave, then the thralls in the other cave.

Like I said above. Spears for level 8 and until you get something better.
I use Katana and one handed axes because I can dodge them and cut them to ribbons with out ever getting hit.

We give the heavy slow two handers to our thralls. Use the lighter faster ones.

Two way of getting armor, make it or loot it. At level 10 you can make medium armor. Good enough until you can get to Set City and rob chests for heavy leather.

Rag-a-muffin: An old colonial word that means, not of a set, non matching, what you pick up as early loot. At level 15 you can take out the one skulls up and down the river for flawless light and medium armor pieces. They are 3/4 broken, so you might get a few days from them, then they break and you have none.

We stay nakid or basic course cloth clothing until we make medium armor. Avoid conflict and build and gain levels.

I get my first kills with a spear from the croc, and two kappa that live where I build my first hut.
With a spear I run past the croc, drag him to the female kappa (big red one) they all start fighting. I jab each one once, then get behind the croc and spear him until he is dead, and then whats left of the kappa. She dies from the croc, he takes 1-3 jabs.
Now down to the one skull under the shattered bridge, and do the same thing.
Just gained two levels, back to the hut to make armor.

2 Likes

Ah, I had misunderstood that part. I thought you meant making higher quality spears. I usually make armor. If I’m looting it, it’s either the light armor from the 1-skull NPC’s on newb river or it’s just some Darfari junk I grabbed for the journey step. I still haven’t crafted a katana yet. Probably will soon just to try it out, although the 1H sword family isn’t my favorite.

Katana is 2 handed, but a category on its own. The moves of katana are unique. Katana is a must have weapon, because it will help you with some bugs. @Wak4863 have a video on YouTube, it will help a lot :wink:.

2 Likes

I’m vaguely familiar with it, and with the meme:
unsheaths katana
teleports behind you…

1 Like

Yup, that is pretty much my motive in doing it. Even if I happen to absorb some damage in the process, I can still (often) avoid the ‘sent flying’ animation. And thereafter I tend to emerge from the roll dodge behind the beast and have time to land a few sneaky counter strikes before he is able to turn around and reposition himself for the next attack. Good timing is required, but it has always done the trick for me.

I was reluctant to assign so many points to so few Attributes at first too. Another member initially advised me of this when I was struggling to solo Thag in the Wine Cellar dungeon shortly after its addition. And by solo I mean that term in the literal sense; no followers at all. Trust me on this one bbtech. :smiley: For me at least it is not a farming or run around with it constantly, default loadout. In my eyes it is to assassinate powerful enemies, get your spoils then head home and respec again. Unless you plan to make stops on the way, the only loot you will need to carry are a Skeleton Key or Legendary from the chest, and any meat or such you may harvest from him. So dont worry about Encumberance too much, while I would keep Accuracy and Survival at 0.

You are probably right then. Apologies, again it had veen a while. I keep getting stuck in the meshes of Rhinos and Reptillian Monstrosities as of late, which is kind of frustrating. So I have been avoiding them as much as possible until this is fixed.

2 Likes

Aye I certainly know what you mean Stelagel. I have just expressed my own frustration on the mesh issue too in my prior post to bbtech. Let us hope that there is a fix for this issue in the patch which is currently undergoing certification.

1 Like

It is quite annoying. They turn into you and it’s nearly impossible to avoid. Every once in a while just their light attack with the horn will clip you into its mesh. For the trample charge, I usually evade using the sideways dodge roll, but the world boss rhino is too large and does too much damage for that to work (with what armors and stats I have used thus far).

2 Likes

Yamatai have a one handed straight sword, All our exterior guards carry them.

I use the katana when Im in a hurry and want to just get thru a pile of them. Light, Light, Light, Heavy.
Next pile

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.