Decay of four armored animal pens out of the six I owned, all at my river home

Game mode: Official Server 3534 PvE
Problem: Bug
Region: North America,USA.

I had placed five new animal pens all of the armored variety down by my river base on the seventeenth of july. Today I discovered that yesterday a day after I placed them that four of them had switched to abandon mode and then were auto decayed, I lost 3 black rhinoceros, two regular rhinoceros. I lost three regular rocknose, four regular hyenas, a greater hyena, a lion and a greater lion and 5 regular crocodiles. I lost the following materials from my rocknose / bear pen. 1554 honey. 5488 stone, 186 ironstone and 46 crystal that were in my rocknose and bear pen. I didn’t lose the bears thankfully as I had moved them into a preservation box for future purge supplies. I am most saddened by the sudden and weird loss of four of the pens decaying in less than a day, when I visited the area just last night to move the bears and put crocodile babies into the pens. I’m uncertain how to reproduce this issue only that it exists. because I don’t understand how four of six pens decay. The only place logic leads me is that this has to be a bug of some kind. so I figured I would give you guys a heads up.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need clarification on anything. Thank you making an entertaining and captivating game, I love survival games that don’t suck my soul while I play them. This is no ark in that regard which is so amazing you have no idea. :slight_smile: Cause while ark is a great game, it eats at your very existence and a little bit of your sanity.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

I am having the same issue in server NA 3529 pve. I keep losing animal pens. Just lost 6 bears and I just placed the animal pens for fifth time around 2pm yesterday!!!

Build a repair hammer and check the time on your pens for decay. They have a short timer unless placed on foundations or very close to your building.

Decay is transferred via landclaim radius of foundations.

if you want to make sure your structures inherit the decay time of your base, build them close enough to the foundations, or build additional foundations for them.

Repair hammer allows you to check if the timer and building score transferred, or if you are too far away.

Hmmm. interesting. so continuing slightly related topic I just purchased the jewel of the west pack. one of my houses is near sepermeru and I’d built it all in reinforced stone, which insulates I guess against heat. but while I was placing and making the khitan building I noticed they insulate against cold…how much does building insulation affect gameplay in the following regions, along the starting river, by the black galleon and sepermeru? I’m not talking about surviving purges as khitan is just as much T3 as reinforced stone is, but I’m wondering how the insulation values of the building sets affect gameplay? I couldn’t find any info on this online really despite several extensive googles. so I figured I’d ask. As to the proximity of my pens to my house they were all reasonably close and my siege structure had inherited the decay timer of my river base and it was out past the pens…It’s quirky that they’ve gone, but oh well. I’m just gonna build out onto the river and place them on said foundations to solve this dilemma. That’s an effective solution yes? My PSN is Atelier_Eladrin if anything wants to talk I do have a headset and enjoy social time during games too. :slight_smile: so nice to meet peoples, just say like who you are and obviously say hi to me in here too so I know who’s who or what’s what :slight_smile:

Hello @Eladrin911350, welcome to the community!

Regarding this issue, as it has been mentioned on the thread it’s best to place these sort of buildings on foundations that are connected to your main base in order for them to share decay time.

We’d need to know additional information in order to determine whether this was in fact an issue or expected behavior, such as event log messages, structure decay timer and a screenshot of the area they’re placed in.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.