Decay rates be en reset again?-back to original

Yes, but read what I wrote: If people are cheating, then that’s the problem. It isn’t solved by artificially short decay timers that punish normal people who don’t game 24x7!

Then that needs to be fixed. Again, not by shortened decay timers.

No, it just makes existing problems more visible. But it’s not the root cause of those problems.

If I played single player why would I care about the decay timer in the first place? Your logic is flawed. And no I don’t play PVP either - I don’t have time to keep up, which means I’d get steamrolled by those who do. Official PVE servers for me.

well, I disagree about raising decay timers but everyone has a right to speak how they feel and i respect that but giving my view why it is bad. They need to stop these types of exploits and not say move to a private server or unofficial. I tried it and nothing like working hard and then server is shut down. Hope is they just figure out how to fix official servers .But as they keep stating there is no support on official but then they say if anything stops gameplay. Still really confused on that part. Ea we had some issues but nothing like what is going on now. Spent over 12 hours camping a thrall and player walked up laid down foundations and said sucker and left. Meanwhile they said no building was added.

suggestion if they want to do this for people have special servers with extended decay timers for those that can only play once in awhile god knows they have alot of servers now with maybe 6 people at most and sometimes list shows 2 people on over 17 servers.

I think they mean if the server breaks down. Funcom doesn’t seem to see any bug, no matter how serious, as “gamebreaking” as long as it doesn’t crash the game immediately. Equally, anything possible without external software, no matter how glaringly exploitative or destructive to their game, is apparently allowed. It’s not a policy I agree with, but like you I’ve had dubious experiences on private servers and I don’t have the time or inclination to run one myself. So it’s either single player (gets boring after a while) or official PVE. I chose the latter.

The ideal solution in my world would be to keep the general decay time at or around where it currently is, but implement some system that allowed people to occasionally extend it. But I realize that’s almost certainly a pipe-dream, so instead I advocate for extending from six days to ten.

1 Like

True and I understand where you are coming from, we all have jobs and lives and gaming comes in second. This is the first game I have ever played on a official server where cheating is allowed lol. Single player gets very boring i agree with you but things need to be changed and implemented. For all the money being spent on servers with very low-nil population you think they could figure some sort of a solution for everyone and im not talking 100% but meet halfway in the middle. I think even having friends refresh you’re base would be great as well it solves many issues. But in the end Exploiting should not be allowed it is wrecking everyone’s game play.

I’m just glad I don’t have some of the major issues i have seen from some of the servers the game would be removed. Friend told me today while building our fish farm a player paid this tribe 100.00 us to leave him alone, mind you it was silly player paying but guess him and his family play together.

maybe you can answer this I have asked in other forum but devs won’t respond what’s the difference between official and unofficial

Unofficial or private are two words for the same thing. They’re run by private people who pay for them, and they can do whatever they want, from rampant cheating to changing rulesets on a whim. Many are probably decent, and I mean no disrespect to private server owners in general, but I didn’t like it when I tried it (back in EA days). The main advantage, other than being able to find a server with settings that match your preferences, is active moderation from the server owner and/or the people they delegate. This usually means griefers, foundation spammers and the like are taken care of. In theory, anyway.

Officials are run by Funcom, though in practice that just means they pay for them, there’s no oversight. You can exploit, grief, and do basically anything - it’s all allowed. The only policing is what players can do for themselves. An example: When just starting, I put down my hut in a place that another clan found too close for comfort*. We had a chat, and they gave me a tip on where to go instead (and a great location it was, too!). All were happy. But that takes mature people on both sides of the conflict, which is not always a given.

*I didn’t think they were interested in expanding out “that way” but apparently they were. In retrospect, it was a little rude of me to set up shop there.

1 Like

I keep saying that! NOBODY likes the 6 days decay, it has no benefits! Funcom has realized this 6 days timer is terrible, reason why they were forced to extend it for summer vacation… People from ALL OVER THE WORLD play this game, which means… people take vacation on different months based in the country / hemisphere they live at!

Here is some really important info Funcom seems ignorant to realize… people from the SOUTH HEMISPHERE also play this game… The North/South hemisphere have OPPOSITE seasons! So tell me… are we also gonna have extended decay timers when summer hits the other half of the World!!! We better have! Same rights for all costumers, isnt it???

Vacations aint the only problem, people who think 6 days is enough are also BLIND to regular problems can happen at any time:

1. Say you are a console player… and your console stops working! By the time your Playstation or XBoX is back from support you can kiss your base good bye, simple like that!

2. PC users have the same issue, if you happen to have a major hardware problem your progression will be all gone too! Some hardware problems are hard to detect, it requires time to find the issue, buy new parts, have someone install it for you… or recover your HD stuff, etc… it can take several days! Say goodbye to your bases, it will be gone and there is NOTHING you can do

3. Account problems. Say you have your account hacked or some major issue you cant connect… well, it might also take several days until Steam or Funcom can have it sorted for you, and I DOUBT they will do anything to recover your decayed base and all those countless hundreds hours you invested into the game

4. Business trips, small vacation with family etc…

These are just simple problems can happen -anytime- to -anyone- playing the game. It proves 6 days (at max) is a JOKE. Now imagine if you spend the weekend away and one of these problems happen once you are back, well, good luck getting it fixed in the next 3 days!!!

2 Likes

I totally agree, I am away on vacation now and coming back today, I have been gone 8 days, is my base gone? Why cant I take a VACATION FUNCOM?

What about people on holiday? Or in hospital?
I think lots of times when one has to stay in hospital for a week.
Is that supposed to be counted as “someone has quit” the same way?

Or someone simply being away because of some businuess trip… or simply having a really, really busy week? Would you still “command” people to log in if they got a week filled with 12+ hours of work?

Fair enough. If only there was a way to do this without logging in… :thinking: (You know, in case someone is unable to.)

When the extended decay was implemented Funcom said it would be temporary, but also promised they would make changes in the current decay system, its obvious terrible and unfair!

Just rolling back to the garbage it was before isnt exactly what people was expecting! Dont you get tired of frustrating your costumers?

I second 10 to 14 days would be ideal.

Hi all. I startet a poll in General Discussion Area.
Please leave your vote

Just an FYI, the decay time is a setting you can change in the settings file. Change that and you’re golden, or get your server admin to change it.

As for official. Well… they gotta make room for the ‘booming’ playerbase on those servers.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.