Decay time too short on official

you guys really need to increase the decay time. it’s unacceptable. it’s not even the length of an average vacation, making it like a total job to come back and maintaing bases.

just a few days gone, and wiped out so many hours of work. I had a city, yes a city, walled town with dozens of buildings, and all sorts of decorations, thralls, all gone in less than a week. so much destruction.

3 Likes

100% agree. I havent played on official for mo this because of this crap. Its utterly ridiculous. 1 week?!?! That’s Norwegians for you. They sit in their butts enough and get paid they cant fathom a work week with no leisure time for games. They do however extend decay times during the most popular dates for vacation in Norway. rolleyes

1 Like

I agree with the OP.

Building in this game is awesome, and a decay timer is certainly needed, but I have nightmares about going on a family holiday and returning to a barren wasteland.

It would be great if the default decay timer was raised to 15 days. Longer than a long vacation, short enough that abandoned buildings don’t get too annoying.

2 Likes

Needless to say, I also agree with the OP.

Pet Pet There, nice peeve. It’s my pet peeve, see. Badum-tisch!

As a player who logs in daily, I do not agree, in fact I strongly disagree.

There are far too many players that are only logging in to refresh their builds then logout till they are required to login to refresh again.

Fix the problem by joining a clan or playing on single player or a private server, not by adding to the already ghost town status we are currently experiencing due to this mechanic.

3 Likes

I agree a million% with OP.

I have a wife, 3 kids and am in my busiest period of work for the year.

I am currently one of those “refreshers”
I am in a clan… With my wife who is currently in her busiest period of work on top of being unmotivate due to the nerfing and homogenizing of the game… But that’s another story.

Being at (as one former Prime Minister put it) the ■■■ end of the world (Australia), the extended vacation timers always seem to fall 2 weeks either side of our holidays. So vacation time is fun trying to juggle.

1 Like

As a player who logs in daily, I AGREE with OP. Decay time is tooo short.

Just because your server is full with abandoned buildings, doesnt mean thats everywhere so.

And you have to much abandoned buildings at the official server and thats annoying you?
FIX the problem by playing single player or a private server.

Also sometimes people have private life matters and cannot login for a certain time… This should also all be gone?

Your admitting your wife is not willing to play the game…

Your also not willing to entertain the option of using a private server or single player…

Your also saying you don’t have time to play a survival game on a public server due to your RL responsibilities…

I gotta wonder how self-serving this mentality is. Do you have any accountability to the effect your actions have on the people around you? Or is it just you, your wife and your 3 kids that matter in the world?

I come at you harshly cause you don’t appear to be willing to think of a solution other than subjecting active players to systemic ghost towns.

Propose a solution to the entire problem not just the one that is affecting you then we might get somewhere…

My wife will be back to it when she’s not as busy.

I have run a private server. I have played single player. Neither are as much fun as playing with the friends I’ve made on officials.

For the first 6 to 8 months of the year I do have time to play a survival game on a public server.

I gotta wonder if my mentality is any worse than yours.
Do you have any thought to the fellow players who have spent their money on this game and dlc to play with friends, who through no fault of there own may not be able to log in every 7 days due to unforseen circumstances. Thus losing everything they have worked for.

I have offered a solution in this and many other threads on the subject. Extend the decay timer permanently.

Maybe you can come up with a solution where people who really do enjoy playing this great game, don’t lose all their stuff because they have real lives.

2 Likes

i wouldn’t mind a longer decay timer IF the only way to reset it is by playing at least an hour in that server or if you have to do something else other than login, render your base and logout, like repairing your whole base with the repair hammer

5 Likes

I just returned from a week’s vacation and everything was fine. If you’re going to be unable to play for a while, you just need to plan ahead. Make alliances with others you trust to refresh your holdings, or use a remote access program to remote into your home PC for the few minutes it takes to refresh everything.

If you’re unwilling to leave your home PC running, you can rent a cloud PC for the short term, login to Steam on it, and refresh in that way. (No clue if there are similar services for console platforms, so this might not work for everyone.)

That said, I’d be OK with clans being able to activate a vacation mode once a quarter that gives a 1-week boost to decay timers. If this was done, the global decay increases Funcom provides during their holidays would probably be unnecessary.

2 Likes

If you enjoy the people so much then why is it impossible for you to have one of your “friends” join your clan and babysit your builds for the 2-4 months you cannot play the game?

Your solution is one sided and self serving.

@HonkyLips FYI Your friends don’t have to give up having their own separate clans to do this. They can simply create an alt account (using Steam Family Share and the console equivalents), and you can then admit their alt as a Recruit level member. Then it’s simply a matter of them logging out of their normal account, logging in as the alt, and spending a few minutes refreshing your bases before switching back to their own.

2 Likes

Nope. When it would only be offline, then yeah… You have to pay for Xbox online and PS online…
So your 2nd account would also have to pay this online fee.

PS.: I help enough people on the official server I play… But I still dont want to be part of their clan and I dont want them in mine… Mine is only friends, who only play from time to time or when sth new comes (they are really happy about mounts). Also I dont trust “internet strangers”.

1 Like

Yeah, your right, people are already using the in-game mechanics that are already available to solve this (such as yourself it sounds).

If you can play the game consistently for a 6 month period and cannot get a single friend to join your clan and watch your stuff (and god forbid play the game too!) Then maybe the game is working as intended.

I write daily with 2-3 other people from the server… I help them in enough dungeons, etc…

But they have their own clan. I have mine… When I would invite them to my clan, then the game would be over for them.
The same reason I dont hand them T4 thralls… (I have from every profession >15 T4s, well except priests).
I help them fighting, give them tips and other staff. But they should also discover/enjoy the game itself… Nothing destroy game-experience more, as when someone hands you all the stuff. Even more when its PvE.

1 Like

Same here.

I am a huge supporter of “let everyone play the game” rather than “giving them the game”

I also run dungeons primarily with people in other clans.

When you help people they tend to be more willing to help you when its needed.

1 Like

I do play in those 4-6 months when I’m have no time.
While the primary goal is to refresh my bases, I do actually play the game.
Like me, a lot of people out there have responsibilities out side of Conan. Should we be penalised because others can’t stand looking at an empty building for longer than 7 days. It’s not like there isn’t enough places to build.

I don’t believe my solution to be one sided or self serving. I extend timers not just for myself but for all others that have lost their stuff due to this decay timer.

Maybe it’s not the solution for you but it’s a solution none the less. I am yet to see you come up with anything better than what many believe is the current inadequate one.

1 Like

Yes, your solution is completely one-sided because it only solves the issue for one side of the 2 opposing opinions.

I have yet to see you even suggest any way of dealing with the refreshers issue…

The decay timer should be 72 hrs then you’d be begging for the week long timer back.

If you want it to be just your way then go back to the Private Server and you will get that.

As does yours.

I don’t have a solution for the refreshers as I don’t see a problem with it. Much like you don’t see a problem with people losing their stuff.

Look dude, it’s clear we have a difference of opinion so I’ll leave it there.

I’ve said what I’ve got to say on the subject.
I’ve gotta go to work.

Bye.

1 Like