Decay timer on buildings is not working properly

Game mode: im not sure what game mode it is, but its owned by gameaholic.se
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: EU

First i would like to appologize for all my spelling misstakes, its my third language.
I think there is a bug in the decay timer, it doesnt seem to work properly. Im the in-game admin on our server so I fly around and do a lot of “cleaning”, like removing old bases, thralls and pets. And the owner have made so that the buildings will decay in 7 days so everyone will be able to demolish them, and after a total of 360h the server will remove it. And the timer will be reset if the owner of the building is close to them.

Usualy when there is for example 8h left on the decay timer on a base i will remove it because no one will get online to reset the timer before it decayes. I always use the repair hammer to see when the buildings will decay. But as soon as I demolish a piece the timer will reset on everything else and go up to 360h again, even when it was 8h before i removed the first piece. Everytime i remove a piece from the builing the decay timer will go back to 360h. Even tho that player is not online and havent been online for a cupple of days.
This makes my job as an admin really hard when im trying to maintain the server. I have talked to the owner of the server and he doesnt know what we can do about it. I hope its something you can fix

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Look at a building with a low decay timer, for example 8h out of 360h, with the repair hammer
  2. With the admin panel, press E and demolish only ONE piece
  3. Look at the rest of the building with the reapir hammer
  4. See that the decay timer have been reset
  5. Get confused about why this is happening

Hello :slight_smile:

Pretty easy : when a player damage a building, it refresh the timer of the whole structure.
Demolish a part with the admin panel should be considered by the server as a… damage to the building :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, if you damage one already decayed, it just reset the timer to 24h but it will remain with the decayed status (same happen if you remove any placeable => timer’s back at 24h)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.