Dedi Server - not able to join due to sth. with my ID

Game mode: (Online private (LAN)]
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvE
Region: Europe

Hi there! When I start my dedicated server and try to join I get the answer that the connection to the server is not possible due to invalid response ID… However, before the update that led to connection loss also for offical servers and so on, I never observed a similar problem.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Steam overview servers in LAN
  2. Trying to connect
  3. Answer that connection is not available due to invalid response ID while it worked fine until update within June

Thanks everyone for trying to help

Hi,

since the latest update, the steam API for the game isn’t working anymore. I don’t know if it’s intended or not, but for the time being you have to search for/connect to servers through the ingame serverlist.

Hi @dracyd, as you’re hosting your own server, we recommend that you refer to the following thread, which is specific for providing support to the dedicated server launcer:

3 Likes

Definitely read the thread Hugo posted it’s long but informative.

One addition, it’s also worth joining the Admin Discord:
: Admins United: Conan - Discord for Server Admins!
Sometimes you can get quick help there if you are lucky, and it puts you in touch with fellow admins.

Toolguy is on leave for 3 weeks, but he has literally just updated the dedicated launcher.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.