[DEMO] Havoc vs conflagration vs hybrid and usefull/less skills

I wonder which one is better because, the havoc has the highest DPS but really poor DPS boosting, the confl has a better DPS boosting that comes from the wave of flame and hellstream plus the DoT.

Then i think to go hybrid and use shockstrike plus wave of flame but then i lose a lot of dps from the boost because i don’t have enough skill points.

Pact of dread: still i don’t get how this skill works because the parse does not show the dmg it does. I should try with and without it and do some math but if it has already been discussed…

The real boost an havoc gets, with boost in dmg i mean the second higher damage you deal in plus to your first one, it is the pet.

gate of hell and imprish horse: never use these or seen anybody, they are totally a waste if you ask me, anybody has any use for them?

Let them burn: I find this skill quite good but it’s wasted if there are not many mobs, but a critical SW with shocktrickes can do much better, about the 40% more damage.

So i’m thinking about an havoc with wave of flame as boost plus the pet and pact of dread
And a confl with all his buffs and the mage tome and further magic damage.

Witch one could be better?

This is the spec I use on my demo: link

I made it for T5 (that’s the reason for Consume Flames and Overload), and since it had more than enough dps, I never changed it.

EDIT
Fixed a mistake in the spec.

1 Like

WoF: https://goo.gl/DYMVMU
FoG/Bindings: https://goo.gl/W6dMDG

For T5 Yakh I would also get Overloaded Shockblast as Yawgmoth said. Get Silver Twilight from T6/Slithering Chaos and you have all the mana you need. I do not see why you need more range on Shock and Shockstrike, but I guess it’s personal preference. Your pet actually deals quite decent damage, specially with T5 rune. So getting Fury of the Underworld is better than more range on two spells imo.

1 Like

I think the extra range is useful on the Champion of the Honorguard, in the charges phases and before the explosions (I don’t remember the name of the spell now).
Also, since I’m usually assigned on portals duty, on Vistrix, there’s a chance to get Heart of Fire, and in that case some extra range is handy too.
But indeed Fury of the Underworld is good too.

Does the incinerate effect deal the same DoT doesn’t matter if from gaenna or hellstream?

Yes, the DoT is the same.

Demonic War is a wasted two points while you get the Unholy Hate. You get the same result with the 1% base spell damage from Decisive Strikes (AA feat) plus an additional 161 critical rating. They do not stack up. You always get 1% base spell even though you feated both. In overall you used three points for 10% base spell damage for 6 seconds. (Let us be a little selfish and do not count the extra weapon damage for the group.) It can be useful on those fights where you do not use Waves of Flame. (Entity last phase on lower pads for example.)

During the cooldown of Waves of Flame, you can hit twice with Fires of Gehenna. If you feated Fluidic Fires and Amessed Flames fully. You get a bonus 43.4 fire magic damage for 6 seconds on two stacks, for the next Waves of Flame entirely, if you have Ring of Fire fully feated on AA tree, or whatever fire spell you use. (Instant Hellfire Stream between the two spells for example.) It is a wasted damage not to do that.

Havoc has not the highest dps. It has the highest crit damage and pet damage with a passive mana regen.

Pact of Dread starts from 5 stacks, after each critical hit, it decreases by 1 until it dissapeares or the 30s times up. If you fully feated, it gives 50% crit bonus damage on the listed spells on each stack. In short, you have 30s chance to hit a crit 5 times, and you get a 50% increased damage on each crit.

Gate of Hell and Impish Horde is probably made for PVP. Gate of Hell can helpful on General Sheng at the doors, stopping the adds, but Detonation with Backdraft is easier to get for that task.

Let Them Burn costs too much points when you get there. You lose points from the critical damage side of the Havoc tree. Unfortunately Shock Lance is a wasted spell to get Pact of Dread and Pact of Earth Walking.

Answering your question:
Hybrid can better.

I prefer demos not be selfish. Demonic war and unholy hate.

Dps for group

5 Likes

I never understood what those demos that skip unholy hate pick instead that gives them more dps :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes