Disable Feat Option

if at all possible i would like the option to “disable” learned feats in such a way that they stay learned but do not show up in item lists.

for example, once i have learnt how to make T3 buildings i dont wanna scroll through a long list of DLC blocks to find the one i want. let me disable the Frontier Construction Feats so they dont pop up but let me keep the weapon or armor feats if i want to make a set of Pictish Armor.

1 Like

I would rather see a proper filter system, or even more preferably, a customizeable folder/tab system which players could use to arrange and organize the craftables the way they like.

7 Likes

agreed. there are better solutions than the one i have put forward.

i just put forward the one i felt easiest to implement

1 Like

Do not forget the search bar… Works miracles if u want a specific thing… For example if u wanna build aquilonian pieces type aqui. Or frontier or argos etc… it is easy enough if u get used to t

I think there’s no search bar on consoles, which is why people keep asking for a better crafting UI. I rely heavily on the search bar. I can only imagine how tedious it must be to craft anything without it. :confused:

3 Likes

i feel sorry for em…

Two simple things that would even be a big help would be:

1. Add the search box on Console and keep it visible on PC when a controller is connected.
  2. On PC, automatically place the cursor in the Search field whenever the Inventory is opened.
  3. Have a toggle to keep prior search results when Inventory is closed and re-opened.

Just doing these would eliminate a lot of extra clicking and typing. We’d be able to keep our recipe list on just the DLC we want when we’re building, or turn it off when done.

Furthermore if prior search results were kept in the Search box, when the Inventory is opened and the cursor is placed there, any existing text should be highlighted so that we can type in a new search without having to delete or backspace over the existing text.

2 Likes

I liked everything in your suggestions except this, for two reasons:

1. I use keyboard shortcuts for everything I can. Your idea would make it impossible for me to press “I” to open inventory, then press “G” to switch to attributes, or “O” to switch to feats, or “M” to switch to map.
  2. Which search field? There are two: one for inventory itself and another for hand-crafted recipes.

Instead activating the search field automatically, I’d rather have a keyboard shortcut to activate the search field. Or two shortcuts, really, because there are two search fields on the inventory screen.

…and only IF your localization is OK. For example speaking of Thatch Roof pieces we here in Russia have some “соломенная крыша” and some “кровля из тростника”. And all the vanilla assets which had been modded loose their localized names and revert back to English. And I can’t tell that Russian localization is too bad. It’s OK but has some flaws making search bar almost useless.

1 Like

That is correct buddy, and that is why topics such as these keep popping up every other week. The Handcrafting menu becomes so cluttered, and scrolling through it to find one specific item is so ridiculously frustrating. This problem becomes worse again when one has all of the DLCs like myself, and we use Tablets or Fragments to unlock all of the Feats. To make matters worse, the most frequently used items in the Handcrafting menu, (for example bedrolls, campfires, torches, etc) are all burried pretty darn far down the list. I have asked multiple times now for them to be moved to the top row with the silk and twine tiles, but it never happens. I feel like this issue is not being taken seriously.

3 Likes
  1. Why would you open them that way instead of just hitting the direct keybinds for those screens? Opening Inventory first is a superfluous step if you’re still using a direct keybind to switch to other tabs rather than cycling thru them.
  2. Ya know, I don’t think I’ve ever even used the Search menu on my character’s personal inventory. I was talking about the recipe/hand-craft menu though, since that’s the one people are always complaining about.

Regardless, some keyboard shortcut to get to the recipe search box without more mouse movements would be awesome.

I and M are the only keybinds I can ever remember. I usually only hit the other ones by accident. So I end up opening the inventory and tabbing to the page i want. :blush:

1 Like

No, I didn’t mean to say that’s the way I always open them. :laughing:

I just tried to illustrate a frequent scenario, when I need to switch from inventory to another tab, that’s all :slight_smile:

Or, Crazy idea, you disable the feats so the items dont appear in your craft list at all.

once you have an iron pick disable the stone pick so you dont need to see it there unless you turn it on again

dont wanna build in a style and it is gone.

already built your blacksmith? just hide the feat so it is gone.

i know there is a search bar and i use it extensively but it is an additional step in building that i feel doesnt need to be there at all if the UI made it possible to hide certain things.

that includes within stations. if i go to my blacksmith i dont want to see all the different styles of iron weapons just so i can go to the bottom and make a tool reinforcement kit or whatever

1 Like

The whole game needs a UI/UX rework, honestly.
item category tags and better recipe sorting are part of that.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.