Dissapointing Funcom communication

Playing on an official server and a hacking player has been active for a few days now. Multiple people have advised of reporting the issue but it does not seem to be rectified. This seems to be common place in other servers as well.

Communicating with Funcom has been difficult to say the least. I assume other than requiring players to jump through hoops just to message regarding hackers they could probably set up a profile checker to allow the user reviewing the emails to see what “level” of trust they are to make prioritization easier. Also to potentially flag profiles that are properly reporting hackers.

It would also be nice to have an easier description on how to report the issues. The new link provided when logging into the game is nice but that then links to a large read when in theory it would be easy to place a sticky forum link or something similar just like the “Found an Exploit? Here’s how to report it!”.

The good news is that in the worst case scenario they seem to be responding to the complaints on the BBB (Better Business Bureau) website.

Just some suggestions while I await my “trust level” approval…

There are 2 people collecting all the reports and they don’t have to work on the weekends. You are not the only one reporting issues, give it some time and make sure you have sufficient evidence to support your reported issue. They also need time to investigate and see whether any rules were broken.

It is up to you whether you want to read it or not but by playing on officials you agree to comply so you may as well spend some time reading it. You only have to read it once and then you will know that it contains:
++++

Reporting an infraction

To ensure we can provide the best help we can, please make sure you provide the best information you can at the time of your report. This means relaying as much information, as closer to the truth as you can, to help our team evaluate the situation.

If when analysing the report we find evidence suggesting the information provided was false, tampered with or modified in such a way as to provide a wrongful interpretation, we might proceed to exert disciplinary action against your account.

How to contact us

+++

4 Likes

The issue isn’t with the response time as I am aware that there are many people playing this wonderful game and that much of the staff are probably trying to enjoy their weekends. The difficult part is found in the second paragraph.

The issue is “requiring players to jump through hoops just to message regarding hackers” as well as a suggestion to have an easier available description. Constructive criticism is key to being successful, whether that is in business or in life. While I understand your defense of the issues described, I believe there is room for improvement. Thanks for the feedback.

Hey @Echo91

We’re sorry you don’t feel this is as efficient as it could be but at the moment it is what it is. Please help us help you by following the rules and procedures, both for servers and the forums.

1 Like