Don't add thrall limit

I don’t mean u have no right to add this its just not really fair adding this so late i mean the amount of work it has taken to get these thralls and the amount of armor and gas masks and weapons we made is insane i just don’t like losing alot of work and please add some more defense mechanism like maybe player based like if u added sorcery to the game there would be so many more possibilities for base defense and if u improved thralls ai like alot of improvement then 100 thralls or less would be enough its just that right now strength is in numbers

U supposed to play the game aint you? Not thralls playing the game for u. And that’s how it is rn.

1 Like

Mainatained officials? It will only effect officials, privates can turned them off. And if maintaining an official needs spamming of thralls, then well, tuff.

Go out and fight…or just except to have the 10,000 foundation utopia raided. It is PVP official by the way.
Maintained??? You mean spammed it dead on officials.

The fact only 1 clan has them according to you, means that no else is playing, probably because of this exact reason.

They have every right on officials…they own them.

1 Like

Thralls are just a resource to be managed like weapons.

1 Like

And half those PVP players are PVE style, who have spammed the official PVP servers dead.

Not true…numbers did not dip much when they made the announcement. If they did quit, did it looks like some came back because of it.

Not all big clans care, some actually play to have pvp, not spam a base dead with hoarded unused items. Be surprised how much the actaul PVP is once you remove hoarding 101 from it.

1000 thralls, should have kept up with the forums…been plenty of time to slowly remove the non leveling ones, and if you placed 1000 after the leveling patch, well, that;s on you.

And source on how deleting thralls will cause bugs? Because of the mass quantity? Well, that is exactly the point, 1000 thralls in one area drains server resources when they are loaded. Each and every time. so a one off to rid of the spamming is worth it.

They have already said it will happen, but they did a lot of feedback fixing (the new UI) and are giving every bit the chance to prep for the limit.

Or you can just fight and not hide behind walls of spam and thralls???

1 Like

ive played for 1 year they didn’t announce thrall limit 1 year ago and i haven’t spammed thralls after the announcement

Just goin out on a limb here. I think they should limit thralls. Because it’s a “soft” way to limit buildings. It forces players to build less massive, and fewer structures. Which is a good thing in terms of server performance.

A fellow player on my server has been doing some observing of ping/frame rates… and they noticed that each time a player logs in, the frame rates and such decrease globally across the server.

Additionally, as players run up on a new (large structure) there is also a global hit to FPS/Ping, or “lag”.

This explains why during peak hours the servers are frequently bogged down heavily.

That is likely because the server is trying to keep track of 20-40 players, while ALSO tracking hundreds, or thousands of thralls/pets.

We noticed that the lag spikes/pings did not seem to be affected by decor, or structural pieces… but more-so number of thralls in said locations.

This explains why Funcom chose to limit thralls prior to introducing horses. Because it is very likely the thralls that cause the most bog/down of servers.

So, yes, PLEASE LIMIT THRALL NUMBER as much as necessary.

3 Likes

Never said 1 year ago, a while back, as in November/December. OR @ 4 months. Pretty good amount of time to be ready for the eventual cap.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/follower-leveling-system-and-follower-limit-now-with-added-faq/92642/1

Anyone else get a big grinch smile running past someone yard thats littered with t1&2 fighters, rhinos, and horses?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.