Dont Kill the game before its launch

I am with the op in this. Inventory space is to limited right now. Of course you might not take all of that to an raid but you also have to carry at least some important stuff you looted from an raid. And if that base is far from home you might get a problem, because you can´t teleport while beeing overencumberd but you can´t leave the good stuff behind either.

Also you have to carry a lot of orbs and material if you wanna raid a big base, how will you do that if you have not enough inventory space?

You don´t have to be a genius to predict, that this change will piss a lot of people of once they realise what this change means for pvp raiding.

1 Like

@Leipzig ok I got it now. I guess it’s a fundamental difference in the way people look at things: you see it as a bug or issue, I see it as a challenge laid down like a gauntlet by the Great God Dev. You want to carry out more than I – without respec – would ever be bringing back from a raid.

In my earlier days at Maximum Conan, the most I ever carried was two slightly-smaller humans in battle dress with rifles. I’m not asking for full reality, obviously, or we’d never get any gathering done. IMO, as thralls are 50 units each, we’re getting lower but nowhere close to reality at all.

Breaking it down: you’re upset that 320 units of encumbrance isn’t enough. Are you saying the last build of TestLive let you have double that at this point in stats?

2 Likes

You’re carrying tons of arrows, consumables, sets of armor, food, and 5+ weapons… this isn’t warcraft, it’s a survival game. Don’t be mad because you have to make meaningful choices in game…

4 Likes

I wonder, why did FC add Bearer Thralls?! :thinking:

1 Like

I can understand the point of the OP in general. I can also understand all of the snide and antagonistic replies based on the tone of the OP.

So, sticking to my understanding of the OP and that the amount of encumbrance reduction you receive for attribute points invested has changed significantly, I also would be (or potentially am?) upset. I hate encumbrance in games in general, but it is a facet I’ve had to learn to live with in a few and evidently it is a big player for keeping to a “Survival” label. I do not like it, but it makes sense in that regard and so I comply.

However, and in making a point, easily casting aside the early access bit, such a noticeable (and detrimental to some) change to a major mechanic is certainly a valid reason to post questions and complaints even though the OP could use a decent bit of polishing to the tone and structure of the complaint.

That said, for the most part, my posts are in relation to general game play, PVE and QoL. Were I forced into PVP, I’d likely not even bring my loin cloth. It’s rather special and has sentimental value. So, bring it! Take me down and enjoy my meat. That’s all you’ll get!

P.S. Has the encumbrance reduction per point invested truly been nerfed? Perhaps I should say, “How much more you can carry based on how many points you spend”.

2 Likes

He talked about moving stuff between based i belive? There is a new npc with a backpack who can carry more… willl probably be a target though…

I like the idea of encombrance. Its more tactical. Soecially in pvp. If you wear your heavy gear you cant raid as much as if you do the fight at higher risk… etc… would be strange to carry endless of stuff…

Well in everyone else’s defense, he wanted to raid a base, mine/cut resources, take thralls, do dungeons, gank people, prevent from getting ganked, and move stuff from base to base.

All while still being optimal for any sort of PVP action.

Obviously he’s asking for too much in one go. My point is that we shouldn’t be telling him to do things that obviously wouldn’t work in reality. As you stated the Bearer is a big target. In these kind of games one normally runs in groups if they want to do the things he states he wants to do.

So in that case its better to say that you need a player who built their character to carry things the party needs. There is a build with 50 in encumbrance and enough in Agility and Grit to make getting away from being attacked that can carry all the needed things a group needs. It can’t fight as well, but that’s why they’re protected by players built for that.

That’s a better solution than using a Bearer. Which by the way doesn’t have a greater inventory space. It has 5 like everyone else. Its basically a fighter thrall with a unique helmet.

Like you said, more tactical and social. When I played ArcheAge, the guild I was apart of took three castles during the NA launch of Aurroria. A world first. We didn’t do it by having everyone focus on one spec. We had jump in warriors spec’d high in defense, follow up warriors spec’d high in offense, archers to deal with casters, casters to AOE, bards (our ace in the hole, no one else used them) to buff and debuff entire raids, healers, tankable healers, mounted breakers (to break through wards), skulkers (stealthed peeps to pick off stragglers), and spies (cross faction messengers on TS)

Needless to say, not your typical MMORPG holy trinity of tank/healer/dps. I’d imagine successful groups will need multiple roles filled in CE as well.

4 Likes

I too came from Archeage (ugh, they ruined it by adding too much gear gap and p2w), but was always built to run away, buff groups and spy (ebonsong). Large scale combat from those times taught the importance of roles and dependence on others. There is always a counter build/weapon to anything, and no single build can fill all roles.

I have been using the 50 encumbrance, and love it. As you said, my leftover stats go to agility (sprint cost), vitality (constant regen) and the rest into grit. Not the best for farming mobs and 1v1, but by far the best for gathering and building.

I fully expect raids to consist of Tanks, dps, snipers, and the mobile vault (myself). Not having a mix of roles would be a bad decision. Tanks and dps draw aggro, and keep others busy while the snipers pick off the stragglers.

The weight of arrows and armor are the things I have noticed increasing in the last few builds, not so much the raw resources (i think coal got lighter). It feels like I collect the same amount of stone/wood/iron as before at lower levels, but I notice the burden increasing significantly when wearing armor.

7 Likes

Apart from other problems, the game raises the question of survival. The game has become very easy. Npc are very weak. The battle with NPC is just entertainment, a show, but it’s not survival. The game has a genre of survival. Yes, the game is good, but it’s not survival right now. This is more action with an easy level of difficulty.

I agree on the fighting npcs being easy atm, but that is more of an AI issue, we’re all hoping that they will get better at/after release.

I disagree about the game not being survival, you gotta hunt your own food, make your own weapons/clothes/shelter, work for higher quality, so the survival aspect is there and very strong in my opinion, not just because the new combat brought (a very welcome) action to the game that it can’t be classified as survival anymore, it is different from other survival games? yeah, it is, it is better? HELL YEAH!!! And i’m thankful for FC have achieved that.

If AI turns to be better, the game steps up closer to perfection.

5 Likes

I like the idea of the mobile vault also acting like a hospital, bringing in stacks of regen and buffs. Character can hold back and be a mobile supply point for the rest of the raiders.

1 Like