DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine

Game does not run. When I click play on Steam I get the error “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine”
Only option on the error pop up is “OK”, nothing happens when I press it.

What I tried so far:
Checked my dxdiag, I have all requirements and features installed and up to date. Updated my windows 10 and all concerned drivers, including my Nvidia gtx 1080 maxq drivers.

UPDATE:
After using DDU to completely remove the graphic drivers and install the latest drivers manually from nvidia’s geforce website, before installing the geforce experience application again; and making sure windows 10 is up do date, the game did run. Did not play it yet, only got to the title screen, but I believe I will not face crashes from this point on.
p.s. updating windows took a few restarts, as some updates do not show up unless you have the previous update. After updating and restarting check for new updates again. Took me a few times.

Hey there @khalid, welcome to the community!

Thank you for letting us know of how you resolved this matter, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you come across any further issues.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.