EDIT: What do you love and hate the most about Conan Exiles?

Love:

• building and exploring the map.
  • The Purge since all of my thralls truly do their job defending the base (I’m just running around to loot and skin. I don’t have to do anything unless a boss comes).

Dislike:

• that the best or most beautiful places are occupied by NPC settlements;
  • the quite small size of the map.
  • that some regions are so eerily quiet and empty (not even wildlife or sound indicating wildlife).

I only play offline/singleplayer to fully enjoy the entire map, btw.

6 Likes

Love: The adrenaline rush of being inside someone else’s base and stealing their sh’t. All the random bugs.

Hate: that people build so big you bluescreen while raiding them. That everyone builds bubble’d pillars. Laggy combat. All the random bugs.

1 Like

Oh my god @fabulousnebulous , you hit the nail on the HEAD with one of your dislikes… I can’t agree more with this:

“That the best or most beautiful places are occupied by NPC settlements”.

Can’t agree with this more. I really do wish some of the more beautiful locations weren’t saved for some odd World boss spawn or a camp of like 3 thralls. I can’t bring myself to ruin thier spawn… Particularly if there is like a level 60 loot chest there… Just so I can have that place of beauty to make a rad home. But I so wish I could.

I’m thinking primarily of that one island northwest of Sepermeru, with all the Shaleback nests on it… Dammit! I want to build there so bad! But I don’t wanna displace or remove like 5 shaleback nests :confused: Seems so dumb, but I want that place so bad, and I’m not good with the Devkit to move them.

Also that one area with the giant croc boss. It’s in some mountains along one of the rivers that shoots off of where the giant hand is with that emote on it and the dogs of the desert hand by it in the desert (yeah, can’t remember names to save my azz, lol). I used to build in that place ALL the time… The little nook with all the trees, blue dye plants, the iron nodes, and that little pond… All conveniently, beautifully sheltered by the rock walls around… And then they put a fricken boss in it :confused: DUBBYA TEE EFF MATE.

Really wish some of the more good looking spots just didn’t have important spawns in them, so we could freely build in them without utterly destroying useful spawn or treasure points.

3 Likes

Those places you mentioned are indeed some of these spots that will make you go green from envy, yes!!!

Shaleback Isle near the city is indeed perfect, but I too can’t get it over my heart to build my castle on top of those baby shalebacks’ homes!!!

Same in the Highlands: found the perfect last weekend, only for 2 or 3 NPCs hanging around their near a single cabin. I think it’s Freya’s Hovel, IIRC. Man, the scene from that hilltop!!! sigh

Same with that little bear isle nearby with the whispering ruins… The list goes on and on…

3 Likes

Haha, while I’m not really concerned with whether they are black or stygian, or shemetish, or zingaran, I too really like that the whole ‘politically correct’ thing is pretty much told to screw off in this game. About time, if you ask me. It’s a game, ffs, it’s not today’s real life.

As an aside, I forget if the tribesman of the Black Coast are represented here, or do we roleplayer types make a Kus.hite character and pretend, like we do with ‘Hyborians’ and imagine them as the subsets of Brythunian or Gundermen or Bossonians and such? I’ll have to get in game again and see, for some reason now I wanna play a black coast tribesman and kinda model him off of one of Belit’s Corsairs and run him around the southern river and the swungle now xD

Edit: WHY IN CROMS NAME is the word “KUSH.ITE” not allowed in the forums for a CONAN GAME!!! What the everloving F**K. Uh… is it because that’s close to a nickname for pot or something?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s because it contains “shite” in it. You can’t normally write “arse” either.

3 Likes

Oh crap, tyvm @CodeMage ! I shoulda figured that xD Ba Dum bum bum! WInner winner chicken dinner!

1 Like

I love that there are hot women in this game in this day and age.

2 Likes

COULDN’T agree more!!!

1 Like

love the building in this game.

dislike the brightness in the jungle.

and to repeat what others said about the perfect spots taken by npc;s,:frowning:

2 Likes

I love the dangly dicks, swaying in the wind…

2 Likes

Here’s a fun thing to do:

1. Make a male character with the longest endowment possible.
  2. Drink a potion of endowment
  3. Equip some daggers.
  4. Press the “block” button.
5 Likes

if only the potion worked for females.

I love the game.
I hate the Forums :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why?

I love building and exploring, farming mats (it’s relaxing) and crafting stuff.

I hate the balance changes and all the MMO-ish mechanics that have been introduced over the last year or so, and particularly the “disconnected” dungeons… I’d have preferred for the dungeons accessible with no teleport required.

I used to love combat in this game, which I’d have put it close to Dark Souls at one point, in it’s fairness and quality… but not anymore, it has become a mish-mash of tanking hits and heal, let the thralls fight, and/or run around like headless chicken or be stunlocked to death.

Point is, hitboxes are all worse than they used to be, to the point that to me, it seems it’s done on purpose as “Gotcha!” to the players… most bosses have undodgeable/unavoidable attacks unless you step back and let your thrall do the combat… i.e. you cannot defeat a boss monster without taking hits anymore, like you used to be in the past (I’m talking about ~Feb 2018 or so, post combat changes…)

I personally dislike games where you can’t avoid being hit in combat if you’re skilled enough.

That’s the main reason why I stopped playing frequently and why I have issues trying to come back… I dislike having to have a thrall in toe to be able to fight big enemies, I preferred the old combat style where I was able to solo them and not take hits, when I was good enough to do so.

2 Likes

Another thing I love is catching a Star Metal meteor shower. It’s awe-inspiring.

4 Likes

Well, I killed a Rotbranch solo the other day with Sunder debuffs with a Hammer, if that’s anything. lol.

2 Likes

I love the building system, combat and overall look of the game (which is simply beautiful). It’s also by far the smoothest feeling/playing survival pvp game out there. It has a LOT going for it.

I hate that the effort it takes to build a base - including farming and processing materials, obtaining defender thralls, the actual building etc is enormous given how easy it is to raid the base when offline.

I also hate that players are allowed to abuse the steam family share system for alts who both exploit and use them as body vaults, creating some horribly toxic environments from players who believe they’re untouchable. I hate that dupers who were proven to be duping and exploiting and were also toxic were temporarily banned from the server but not only came back a short time later, but were also free to play on other servers. This kind of thing has really put me off the game, family share needs to go, and it needs to go yesterday.

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose! :slight_smile: Last time I fought one of those was in 2018! :slight_smile:

But you have a point, probably the issue does not affect all creatures the same… I’m mostly “hating” on big cats and big wolves which for some reason seem to have unavoidable attacks.

Also the big scorpion has a spin attack whose hit box reaches way far away than the actual model makes you expect, and that doesn’t give enough time to react (no startup time or animation setup hint.)

Cats were always kind of finicky to fight, even in the past they had some dubious hit boxes… but the thing is, now there are so many of them around (I’m talking about the skull mobs, for example, near the mounds on the cliffs) if you are unlucky to aggro more than one you’re doomed unless you have a good thrall with you.

2 Likes