What we as a forum love about Conan

So for a fun post I decided to do a “survey” of what you love most about the game. The thing that draws you back even when you get frustrated or you just look forward to when you log in. Been a while since we had something open and not a debate. It is not about what is the best, but what each likes about the game.

• PvP combat
  • PvE combat (NpCs)
  • Boss fights
  • Farming
  • Building
  • Finding incredible scenic views
  • Raiding with bombs
  • Raiding with Gods
  • Collecting Thralls
  • Socializing with friends online
  • Defending against raids
  • Starting over from scratch and leveling back up
  • Going to war on raid servers
  • Helping new players on a server
  • trying different mods out
  • Collecting greater pets
  • Single player on hardest settings

0 voters

12 Likes

Any chance you could change it to be multiple-choice? I’m fine with single-choice “what is best in life” poll, but multiple-choice would free me from having to pick the one I like above all the rest :slight_smile:

13 Likes

No option for straight PVE ??

3 Likes

I can’t really place a vote on this one - several options apply, plus several that aren’t on the list… Just off the top of my head, I’d say for me it’s a mix of the scenery, building, overall game experience (as opposed to various specific issues), trying different mods, single player (not on hardest settings :wink: ). But also things like youtube videos with other people having fun and maybe doing things I haven’t thought of. I particularly enjoy that early stage of the game when everything is fresh and it’s a world of possibilities - what and where will I build this time, which interesting thralls will I find (as opposed to the late game thrall grind where I sometimes get bored of looking for the last couple of specific t4 crafters I need…).

Either way, I love the positivity of the poll :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I actually like farming and a mix: fighting greater animals.

5 Likes

Starting over from scratch an levelling back up for me. Each time I reach lvl 60 I got bored pretty fast once I’ve done once each dungeon, learned all the recipe that could be learned in game, and built a nice T3 base. And amongst all those things to do, farming resources to build the base is what I like the most.

6 Likes

I broke down most of the stuff more singularly on purpose. It is okay to like multiple, but deep down what part of pve. Combat, farming, bosses, collecting thralls, building. I know I like multiple things myself, but I chose socializing with friends, because that is what you end up doing 90% of the time on pvp raid servers waiting for an attack every day.

2 Likes

Where is your option for Roll-play? That’s a pretty significant segment of the player-base.

5 Likes

Yeah, it is hard to pick one thing. And it’s okay to not vote and list things you like. This forum needs a thread for fun, without critiquing th OP of it. Just join in with a vote, or like you, a positive way to say it’s too hard to pick just one :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Singleplayer on hardest settings of course! :wink: Although there were a few others which Iwould have also selected if I could. But as other members have said, love the positivity of a new poll.

8 Likes

Polls are my favorite.

13 Likes

I picked “building” because I had to pick one and that’s the one I do the most :slight_smile:

But if I could pick multiple, I would add “starting over from scratch and leveling back up” to my choices.

Another thing that I like a lot is exploring the map and collecting knowledge about the game, e.g. where to find this, how to optimize that, etc.

9 Likes

I picked building but I do enjoy thrall hunting. It was hard to pick but I guess I log in to build most times where thrall hunting is an activity.

6 Likes

Imo, gaming is roleplaying. The question would be what part do you like to role play from the choices listed.

2 Likes

And here we go…get 9n thread and not enjoy it but complain. Don’t post if you don’t have an option. Can we, and I ask this seriously, not always go all negative. I am trying really hard to be positive. I won’t flag, because I guess some people role-playing the dbag.

1 Like

And I won’t flag. I want them to vent. Because something deep down needs to be worked on. Something that says, how can I take a positive fun conversation (thread) interject myself and ruin it for others so they feel miserable as myself. I am here. vent, let it all out. Maybe, just maybe we as aforum can help you work through those deep seeded issues that cause this attitude.

2 Likes

And everything I listed is for role players. They roles. You like to play. roles. play. role-playing. Get it.

Gotta catch em. Catch em all.

5 Likes

Yes multiple choices

3 Likes

I wanna know who picked farming… I have some real life weeds that need pulled.

10 Likes