Engine losing track of character position causing whole system lockup

Single Player Mode.
System exceeds requirements.
Not overclocking.
Settings are maxed by default. (not manually set).

I reported this before and thank you very much for locking it down after 7 days.
The biggest clue to this debauchery is my pet.
I left one camp near Skittering Cavern with my pet hyena following me, heading toward my second camp located at Weeping Ruins. Shortly passing by the dafari camp across the stream from that and near the unnamed city just begin heading east along the stream when suddenly my whole system locks up AGAIN. (never mind the three other previous times this bullsh*t happened). The lockup is so severe that I have to force the PC to shut down and reboot it.
Here’s the catch. Pay attention DEVS.
When I log back in, I am somewhere prior to the location where the lockup occurred.
My pet hyena is not near me. I run back to my previous base to find my pet not there.
I run back passed the point where I logged back in without my hyena and find my pet waiting for me at the location where the lockup occurred.

THIS IS B.S.
Before the last thread was locked at 7 days, I was informed by a CM that they were looking into this.
So here we are again, with the same issue B.S. going on.
The issue persists.
It happens randomly.
There is no possible way to reproduce this random occurrence.
But the problem is your engine is losing track of my character location.

Here is another clue for you &)(^&)

I managed a decent session since the last lockup and logged out.
I took a break and came back in about half an hour.
I logged in where I logged out in my camp at Weeping Ruins.
I needed to harvest bark from dead trees on the east side of Al Muraya.
As I looked over to the NPC camp, I notice NO NPCs were on hand.
TAKE NOTE:
The NPC camp had a population previously when I logged out.
THIS TIME, there is NOBODY.

I knew sure as hell right then I was going to have a lock up. I just didn’t know when it would happen.
I managed to get the bark and took a little side trip through the vacant NPC camp, and looted the two boxes that were on hand.
I made it back to my camp and deposited my loot and put the bark where it was needed (in the Dryer).
Then I started mining more stones for building material and as I was in the middle of hacking away at one large rock, the lock up occurred.
Sure as hell, just like the last time. A HARD DAMNED LOCKUP requiring a forced shutdown and reboot.

I uninstalled this game a couple of months ago to save my system from taking any damage from these forced shut downs. I just reinstalled the game two days ago in the hope that this issue would have been rectified.

I WAS WRONG.
I can’t hold you responsible for damage to my system because of this and the EULA.
But I can, by God demand you find out what the problem is and fix it. Whether or not you’ll do it is another matter that’s out of my hands.

Here is another clue:
After logging back in, I discovered the NPC camp was vacant again.
But …
It started populating after 10 minutes of game play, until it was fully populated by its assigned NPCs.
I logged out successfully after a couple of hours.

I’m certain this gives you an idea of where to start looking.

Just logged back in for a few minutes to discover immediately that NPCs are missing from both camps north and south of my camp at Weeping Ruins. BOTH NPC camps are vacant.
I didn’t stick around long enough to wait for a system seizure, so I logged out and I’m currently running an integrity check of the game files.

After verifying integrity, I logged back in to see still no NPCs in either camps north and south of my camp at Weeping Ruins. Nor are there any hyenas which usually haunt the immediate vicinity.
So I waited.
About 30 game day hours pass and the first NPCs to spawn finally are the wild hyenas. A few minutes later the people NPCs start showing up at the southern camp.
Northern camp was still vacant.
I wait another 12 game day hours and finally the northern camp NPC have shown up.

Now, if you happen to notice where other players buildings aren’t showing up …
you might find a correlation.

YOU have a loading problem.

Here is another update.
For the last post I did the unthinkable and used the Alt + Tab to open windows and log in here to post my last findings.
Guess What?
I experienced the very same problem a lot of other players have when they use the Alt + Tab.
When I finished my post report, I attempted to get back into the game.
The game would not respond.
I had to force the game to shut down through the Task Manager. At least my system didn’t experience another mental aneurism over it.
So once I got the game started up again, I logged in and found …
Guess What?
The same NPC vacancies in both camps and missing hyenas.
They are SLOW AS HELL IN LOADING …
AND
I found out that if I try to play the game in its current unloaded state, it’s when my system has an aneurism when the game seizes. THAT IS A CONSISTENT.

NEW UPDATE:
As suspected, after logging into the game this morning I noticed where the population spawned at the camp south of Weeping Ruins as well as the hyena population in that area.
However, the population of Al Muraya (north of Weeping Ruins) never did spawn even after an hour of game play. (At least 24 hours of game day).
When I initiated combat toward the camp south of Weeping Ruins, sure as hell the game locked up as did my system. (Forcing a hard shutdown and reboot).
When I logged back into the game, I checked my position and found I was a few meters short of where I initiated combat with the guards at the camp south of Weeping Ruins.

This must be throwing a ton of errors to be causing this severity of lockup.
If you can tell me where I can find those error logs, I’d be glad to provide that to you so you can discover the problem.

Here is another clue:
Just before a lockup, the audio sound FX stops. (except for wind).
The atmospheric sounds are still running, but foot steps, attack sounds, etc. they stop just before a lockup.

As usual, the populations in both camps north and south of Weeping Ruins are vancant. The NPCs have not spawned in.

I don’t know. But maybe you did something.
It’s been behaving more lately.

As of right now, I take it all back.
For the third time in as many days, the game has locked up and locked up my system as well.
This is the only game where this B.S. happens and frankly I’m fed up with your lack of action.

Just a few minutes ago.
Whole system lock up with game freeze.
DAMN YOU.
DAMN YOU TO HELL.

It just did it again.
GAME FREEZE AND WHOLE SYSTEM LOCK UP.
Here are some details.
I have a camp at Weeping Ruins.
The first time this happened, I had finished collecting crystals from the Scuttlers Cave,
Killed and skinned some of the iguanas along the ravine and collected iron ore along the way back to the camp. Picked up a tiger cub near the Ruins of Al Maraya.
Got to the pen and deposited the cub then while moving toward the furnace, the game seized and locked up my system.
Hard shut down and reboot required.
I come here and post the previous message.
I get logged back in and find myself back in the ravine where I slew the iguanas.
So I mine iron ore again on the way back. I make it back to the camp without a tiger cub this time and as I near the pen, the game seized and locks up my system again.

Damn you.
I can’t tell you enough how this irritates the living hell out of me.
FIX YOUR DAMNED ENGINE.

I’ll run a check on it.

It isn’t the power supply.

What’s really curious is that you have this issue, but almost no one else does. I’m still betting on the AMD problems that have been given to you a few times now.

That’s the mysterious part which is killing me.
I seem to be the only one having this issue.
So what’s so different between my system and everybody else’s?
Here is my specs:
Power supply:
Corsair 750 Watt Modular (Gold).

Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd
990FXA-UD3 R5

CPU Vendor: AuthenticAMD
CPU Brand: AMD FX™-8320 Eight-Core Processor
Speed: 3516 Mhz
8 logical processors
4 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported

Operating System Version:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported

Video Card: 8GB
Driver: Radeon RX 580 Series
DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll
Driver Version: 25.20.15031.1000
DirectX Driver Version: 25.20.15031.1000
Driver Date: 3 26 2019
OpenGL Version: 4.6
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: Radeon RX 580 Series

Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 26.65" x 15.00" (30.55" diag)
67.7cm x 38.1cm (77.6cm diag)

Sound card:
Audio device: Headphones (High Definition Audio)

Memory:
RAM: 32573 Mb

Total Hard Disk Space Available: 953768 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 641661 Mb
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (Cloned from a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB).

I’m given the information that this game was developed with Windows 10?
If it means anything, my system is running Windows 7 professional and I’ve been giving consideration to upgrading. (also considering the EOL is in 2020).
Is there some correlation to this?

How can a game loose track of a character, especially when it’s in SP mode? Granted, the game is still running it’s own version of a server for SP. (as was once a well known issue during EA which was supposedly patched. This involved both SP and MP modes) This was before FunCom established this forum for Conan Exiles. But at least back then, a game crash didn’t cause a whole system lockup and the only way to escape it was to shut the power off. Do you remember any reports of people resorting to shutting off their power to escape this being locked up? I remember them. But back then, I wasn’t having the same issues they were reporting and those were mostly related to some AMD issues where most others were caused by mod conflicts.
I don’t use mods.
But back then, I was running my game on a different machine which had an overheating problem with a particular model of onboard graphics chip that was causing the issues unrelated to the RX 480 8gb graphics card being used. I ended up fixing that with mounting a chassis fan to blow directly onto that chip. But since then and much later on, I built this PC and it’s around two years in service now.

Here’s the catch,
This issue began prior to the last update during the previous iteration of the game. The issue did not exist at some point since the EA issues that were patched and me jury rigging a fan into an older system.
The issue began a few months ago and gave me reason to uninstall this game. It did begin, however after on of the patches and I don’t remember which one.
I come back a couple of months later and re-download it only to discover this still happening even after the latest patches.

@SylenThunder
The AMD workarounds do not address this particular issue though primarily because I don’t use mods. If there was a direct correlation to one of those reported issues, one of the workarounds would have at least worked. Although a few times the FX audio (such as foot steps and attack sounds) went quiet just prior to a lockup. However, this is not consistent as also is the loss of location awareness by the engine.
@Shadoza
A failing power supply would be more consistent in failure rate considering the loading given in certain locations of the map. But this is not what is happening because it does not explain the loss of character position on a map, then kicking them back to a point prior to a lockup. This is further confirmed by the location of a pet follower being at the location of the lock up whereas the player is kicked back to an area before the lockup occurred. Nor does this explain the failure of NPCs properly and promptly loading (well within LOD range) in their assigned camps. Also, it does not explain the sudden and unexpected death of a pet that should be very well alive.

This issue might be unique to me, but others are experiencing various other issues that are definitely engine related and reporting them. Some of those reports sound familiar to my own issue, but they’re not catching it.

This issue smells of it and it’s glaring at me.

As I mentioned before somewhere else, this is the only game that this issue happens.
This isn’t just a simple game crash. This is causing my system to lock up.

@Shadoza
Battle Eye was not and is not used in this case of SP. Even when I was renting a server to host the game. While I was renting a server, this issue did not occur with the exception of a similar issue during EA more than two years ago and that was patched. That issue was reported by several players on various servers (including my server) and it involved disconnects between Client and server.
A question comes to mind since you mentioned the issue with the AMD FX 8320 and 8350 CPUs.
(That they are known to have a history of crashing games).
Would that be true if all (or most) games would experience that lockup issue? Not just a crash, but a total system lockup.
In this case, this is the only game I have installed in this system that this issue happens.
I have other games (Guild Wars2 Havok, Skyrim and Fallout 4 Creation Engine).
I have the 64 bit version of Second Life. ((My satellite connection causes me to lag out because of the loading required depending on the density of real time data rate transfer in the region I’m visiting)).
I also have two demanding, resource heavy modeling programs (Blender 3D Bullet Physics and Make Human Havok? if any physics engine at all).
The issue does not occur with any of those applications.
I use to have Star Citizen formerly UE4 then Amazon Lumberyard until I uninstalled it due to game stability issues. I vaguely recall that game locking up when it was using UE4 but don’t remember if it caused a total system lockup before the engine change over.
With Skyrim, Fallout 4, Blender 3D and Make Human, I’ve had occasional crashes of those games and applications, but never once did I experience a complete system lockup.

You mentioned the method of uninstalling the game and that has me wondering.
I did two things in this case.

1. Highlighted and clicked Uninstall Conan Exiles in the Steam Launcher.
    Then Next:
  2. I went into the location of the file on my system and manually deleted the remains of it from my system.
    ((I did not use the uninstall exe to remove the game and I don’t recall ever seeing one)).
    Is it possible that I could I have missed something?
    I had the impression that if it was uninstalled through Steam, that I would end up with left over files which would require manual deletion (Which I did). But I thought once it’s uninstalled from Steam, there would be nothing left on Steam relating to my game except the title in the games list details.
    However, I recall that after I ran a clean install and started up the game, Steam recalled a prior save of this game and showed the option of “Continuing” or starting a new game. But this is not what should have happened. It should have shown only the New Game option with the Continue Game option greyed out as would be consistent with other games I uninstalled and re-installed later.

If I could see the logs where this particular “fatal” error occurs, it might shed some light on what’s going on. But it would require a real time viewing during game play since when the issue occurs the whole system locks up and requires a forced shutdown that prevents the system from recording traceable / viewable log reports for me to view.

There has been issues of players reporting servers being offline or going offline.
It seems players are apparently getting kicked out of the game when a server goes down.
Correct me if I’m wrong.
What is not being told to us is what is happening to those servers to cause them to go offline.
In other words, What happened and why did it take so long for them to be restarted?

For them, the question would be if they were kicked off a server (when it went down) where were they located when they were kicked out? (This is a common question and often correlates to “losing connection” and trying to determine if part of the map and cell loading is the issue.)
But what hasn’t been asked is:
Where were they located when they finally got back into the game?
Did their location change? This does not include the issue where their server is suddenly fully populated and they can’t log in but decided to go to another server.
I’ve been reading several reports of missing items and malfunctioning physics upon getting back into the game. I recall reading at least of couple of posts where NPCs were missing from camps where they had been before. This does not include the more recent issues associated with the DLCs and there seems to be plenty of issues showing up with inconsistencies in persistence.

If any of this has been happening to them, then there must be a correlation between what’s happening to me and what’s happening to them. There is only one common denominator in both of our cases and that is the server software. What I’m playing the game on in SP is the same software that’s running on official servers.

The difference between my system and official servers is the official servers are just servers and have no other purpose than to run the game. When they go down, they just go down without a lot of explanation or reasons given except the player base demanding the servers be restarted because their PCs haven’t been locked up (being separate from the server).
When the server software has an aneurism on my system, it locks up my whole system as a result.

I cannot explain why others who are playing SP mode are not experiencing the same issues that I am.
But I’ll certainly bet they’re having issues somewhere even if they manage to cope and adapt to it.

I know you tried.
I thank you for your patience and time in trying.

If I knew how to program in UE4 and C code along with having a relevant error log I could probably fix this issue on my own.

I’ve given all the details I can possibly give in narrative form short of having any missing error logs which should have been generated, but were not.
If I had error logs I would have posted them here or ensure they were sent to the programmers for evaluation.