Entire game resolution wrong on start and mouse cursor misaligned

Game mode: All
Type of issue: Bug/Performance/Freeze
Server type: All
Region: All

Every time I start the game the resolution of the game is set to half of the height it should be. I’ve looked through the forums but can’t find a fix for it - even though the game shows a resolion of 1920x1080 it’s actually scaling it to 1920x540 when I take a screenshot.

This causes the width of the game to look completely wrong and means that my mouse cursor isn’t aligned correctly at all. The only way to fix the issue is to use the arrow keys or fiddle with the mouse until I can click on settings, then press escape.

When joining a server I have to do it with the arrow keys as the mouse won’t work at all. I have screenshots but apparently new users can’t upload images.

The game settings are on Ultra, I’m using a GTX 980 Ti 6gb for my graphics card. The game works perfectly fine aftwards.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start the game

Did you try lower the graphics to see if this change things ?

Did you check drivers, are they up-to-date ? Some other softwares that may affect the game, and your entire machine ? Did you exclude the game from anti-vire and such softwares ?

Do you use some mods ?

Hey @WhamyKaBlamy

Welcome to our community.
It seems you might have an issue with your settings being saved to the ini files. Could you check if these two settings match your resolution before starting the game?

ResolutionSizeX=
ResolutionSizeY=
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=
The settings are located in GameUserSettings.ini at Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.