Event log is broken

Game mode: [Online | Official Server]
Problem: | Bug | Performance |
Region:

Nothing appears in the event log. In addition I lag horribly when I open the event log. Please look into this. Thanks!]

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

Can confirm. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes after logging in sometimes just to pull up event log.
When I do pull it up I find that it doesn’t always load but the lag it generates keeps me from accessing inventory, opening doors etc. Event log might as well be renamed “soul crushing lag button”

3 Likes

Supposedly they’re going to give you the option to filter out stuff and reduce the radius for which events are reported. But yes, right now, it is completely broken. And I really, really don’t need 100 lines of spam about the harvesting tools and weapons that I’ve taken out of crates, etc. etc. Even if you could scroll through it all, which you can’t (on consoles, at least).

Utter uselessness combined with abject failure, always a winning combination in any effort!

3 Likes

on X1 you cannot scroll the box either for the event log booo :-1::-1: :facepunch:

LAG and performance is bad as well :-1::-1::-1: with thralls and doors mostly. Still crashing too on private server, rant over… maybe… :facepunch:

2 Likes

You see nothing the first time you open the log. That is why all past events are being streamed from the db and then later you only see the latest ones in a FIFO manner. That also causes lag. When the main load of past events has been processed and only few entires are updated, then no lag occurs. When you are being raided and a lot new entries are created, you have lag again when refreshing the log by opening it.

Funcom needs to address this situation.

1 Like

Indeed they need, the old event log was so much better, they should just revert it.

1 Like

I disagree about rolling back to the old event log as for me the old event log was worthless as it would not show me events that it should have …it was extremely random what it would report …

Eg: got notice of a sandstone block decaying but not about wheel of pain, compost heap, crude planter decaying
The old event log would not tell me why thralls on follow disappeared… no notification that it had died due to fall damage and another due to it teleporting onto spikes. But it did tell me about a thrall that got killed by an animal.

However, I agree the current version of the event log needs the filters they say are coming…and the ability to scroll for the platforms that can’t currently
To be frank … The new event log should have been a test live roll out for feedback and more extensive bug detection before dropping it on live … it IS bugged as it shows me when other clans make alters or summon avatars …I’m on PvE so it’s not important but for PvP it would be…

1 Like

this happens to me too! I’m the clan leader, and my members don’t have this issue. but my event log is empty, and if I check it, I have permanent lag and am forced to leave the server and rejoin to fix. this lag can also be beneficial to the user of said lag in a fight

1 Like

I think the idea is to revert back to a known working log until this one is fully functional. Right now, it is useless due to the fact on console, all i can ever see is that i picked up something.

1 Like

I was just liking the location based event log that forced people to travel to certain areas in order to check activity.
To me that was real balance, forcing clans to check on all their ridiculous citadels all over the map rather than from one location. Having location based event logs forces clans to only build in a handful of places or always check on their various outposts. There shouldn’t even be an event log if there’s no thrall or person around to “witness” an attack. And this current overly verbose logging of dumb stuff like moving items 24/7 is complete noise that clogs up the event log and can be used to hide/overwrite more important events

If they ever go back to that, then remove players list as well. So when people attack, they get to find out how many of you there are at that location. Otherwise, people will do a clan count, and see only 1 or 2 guys on, find where they are, and then hit other bases if they have the numbers. Forcing them to spend 6 hours bouncing around a thrall base (or 2), maybe FOB or 2 in another part of a map, and there “Home Base” because they cant see damage. And the are was so small, that if you didn’t hear the demon orb, you wouldn’t know you were being attacked until they were inside. Does that seem fair? I don’t think so. So by removing player list, you can’t work the numbers as easily. You would actually have to scout pre attack.

1 Like

It would also force you to ID people when out and about. Making for more PVP melee chances.

1 Like

I thought about that aswell - having no active player lists. It would make the immersion even better and making everything a bit more risky when you decide to do something and not wait for offline clans.

1 Like

not displaying the player list could be interesting but most people I think would want to at least know who was on a server and longterm know how diverse the player population was, otherwise things get stagnant.
Of course this could be mitigated with grafana styled charts/graphs that showed population/clan/server activity metrics too. Don’t hold your breath though.

I just feel they go hand in hand, or what you get is another troll/griefer tool. I really like the unknown factor for tension purposes. Not knowing if the guy you are about to fight is LEVEL 60 or a noob, whether he has back up and is setting up an ambush, etc., adds to it a bit. It adds to the community/RP function as well, as people would have to have some eyes out there, creating scout clans that could “charge” for their services.

2 Likes

Playerlist should only display characters and ID steam names, but not the level, for PVP servers, that would fit more the survival aspect.

You get info about your enemy spying on them, not just pressing a button.

This is another ridiculous bug too.
When I open event log, system display nothing frequently.

Then game has very laggy. ex) stamina display lag, npc lag, inventory lag, etc.

Why they create so many bugs whenever update?

2 Likes

I disagree. Spying them would let you know only where they’re hiding and what are they doing. Since anyone can whear any clothe and use any weapon there is no way to know theyr level. So you meet a guy dressed in rags and you’re in a shinny good armor, let’s say, you’re at level 20 so you get your iron spear and go attack the buddy, but “SURPRISE”! That buddy in rags is a level 60 fella with a beautyfull two handed starmetal sword and “BANG!” You’ve been cutted in half… No thanks. I’d preffer to know first who is around before getting myself dead for this dumb situation.
Besides, this is actually a SURVIVAL game with a PvP feature. We should keep that in mind.

If you manage to get dead by a 60 Player in Rags while he still have to pull out his 2h Starmetal Sword, well, I think its your bad and his merit, seriously, this sounds more like a “newbie” move than a true PvP’er one. As you said, a SURVIVAL game having PvP feature, there is always a risk, Conan Exiles started very “barbaric” back in the EA, with time, these “QoL” changes to Playerlist, Event Log only make it more generic for hardcore players.

Is it pleasant for many? I don’t have doubts, but im pretty sure the PvP crowd would like it more “raw” and oldschool.