Exiles forum revamp

Hello again, sorry if you ran into the forums glitching out for a split second. That was me once again pushing updates to live :adnybap:

Today’s updates:

• More icon updates, should be finished now
  • Bug fixes, layout fixes (including an odd case where some users will see stretched out icons when viewing the forums from a preview from a messenger app)
  • Finally fixed size on the breadcrumb navigator so it’s no longer narrow
6 Likes

Thought it’s my Chrome tripping :smiley:

2 Likes

:news: :news: :news: :news:

1 Like

Hi @AndyB. Was there any recent improvements or updates done to the forum? The reason I ask is because over the weekend I noticed I lost the ability to search for Users on my Android device (see image below) while not logged in. And if I do happen to click on the name or image of one I see, it does not actually bring up a profile window like it ordinarily would. Is there any light you could shed on this peculiar development AndyB?

1 Like

Plus can you tell me how to find easily the Zendesk link? I always search for posts that @Mayra or @Melcom posted to copy the link and paste it to the new topic that needs it! I would appreciate this guidance, thank you!

1 Like

I got into a trance and channeled all of the people I’ve wronged in the game over the years, who would come here to find a way to report me. So I clicked the brown “Conan Exiles” Forum Tab, and saw the sticky notes at the top. I clicked the Land Claim Abuse one first (still channeling), finding nothing then clicked the General Server Rules one.

It has a direct link to the Desk of Zen.

3 Likes

Thanks a million @Barnes :blush:

2 Likes

No problem, my great friend from the land of Oracles, who inspired my channeling. As you might deduce, I have never looked for ZenDesk before. :innocent:

2 Likes

It is as easy as googling zendesk conan exiles

2 Likes

Or or… remembering the words… Funcom… and zendesk… and… com…
Then putting all of that together to get funcom.zendesk.com :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I might just remember that. funcom zendesk .com

2 Likes

I think the inference is if I’ve got to channel it after @stelagel asked about it, JJ’s gotta google it and @Xevyr needs to bring out the subdomain, it could just be that a prominent link in the “Forums” system might be advised.

4 Likes

Oh yes! Definitely would be nice to have a permanent link right there on the frame itself so we don’t have to click to other places and can tell them to scroll to it and hit the Zendesk link regardless of the page their on… :slight_smile: Or at the very least an entry under the contact section

3 Likes

@AndyB it would seem there is a new forum related issue on my mobile device. When we press on our avatar icon to check messages and bring up the interface, this is what I now see (screenshot):

Needless to say it makes navigation very challenging. I know it was not like this several days ago. AndyB can you shed any light on this issue?

7 Likes

Exact same problem here. Seems somethings off with the display fields.

3 Likes

I did notice that there is a new line of icons beneath our time log and above our stats in the profile/overview page. Perhaps this has had an unforseen knock on effect?

1 Like

Yes very difficult to access on my phone now witch is were I have done it along.

3 Likes

Hey, as long as I can read it … (even if it means learning to navigate it again),
I’m okay with it.

2 Likes

Discourse recently pushed a major update to the forum software, which probably caused some unforeseen formatting problems. I haven’t had a chance to look at it but will do so this week. Thanks for the heads-up!

7 Likes

Made some alignment changes for the quick access menu for mobile. Shouldn’t be cut off the margins like that anymore.

9 Likes