Existential question

Recently I noticed that the men who have a female avatar in game, have no taste at all in terms of how to dress a woman hi hi!

I’m curious to know why some men chose a female avatar?

And also why some women chose a male avatar?

Okay, it’s not a serious, technical, statistical subject … but since we’re together in a game we can have some fun together.

So why did you choose an avatar from the opposite ■■■?

Is it to fantasize and dress her very sexy?

Is it just to change other characters you have on other games?

Tell us why, please?

Thank you for your answers !

J’ai remarqué que les garçons qui prennent un perso féminin, n’avaient pas du tout, de goût niveau vestimentaire, hi hi!

Par contre les perso masculins, les filles ont plus de goûts.

Pourquoi avoir choisi un personnage féminin pour les garçons ?

Pourquoi avoir choisi un personnage masculin pour les filles ?

D’accord, pour vous, peut-être, ce n’est pas un sujet sérieux, technique, statistique … mais nous sommes bien sur un jeu ? donc pourquoi ne pas s’amuser ?

Donc voici les questions que je me pose, que je vous pose :

Pourquoi avoir choisi un personnage féminin pour les garçons ?

Pourquoi avoir choisi un personnage masculin pour les filles ?

Est-ce que c’est pour fantasmer et l’habiller très sexy ?

Est-ce que c’est juste pour changer des autres perso que vous avez sur d’autres jeux ?

Dites-nous le pourquoi, please ?

Merci de vos réponses !

MangaSpirit

2 Likes

1.I’m curious to know why some men chose a female avatar?
Because I don’t like male models in game…like far to often I feel male models look either utterly boring cookie cutter or if their faces had a date with the front grill of a truck. Also I like the idea of female characters that have both feet on the ground. The Norma Creeds of this world.

2.And also why some women chose a male avatar?
Not female, can’t really answer.

3.Is it to fantasize and dress her very sexy?
I think I never fantasized about my character dressing “sexy”. I think most of what my character wears I could see wearing myself if I had it…just cause it looks cool.

4.Is it just to change other characters you have on other games?
I usually keep the name (Leogrim) but every character I play in games is unique and different.

Hope that answers the questions.

2 Likes

I play male as a main, but have female alts occasionally.

From Ultima online times I’ve learned that lieing you gender can bring you fortune. Meaning male players tend to give free stuff and slack from loot rolls etc. if they thing you are real g4m3rgr1 :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t associate a character with myself so I play whoever I feel like.
I usually feel like playing male characters because most games treat females extremely unfair, with many “sexy” clothes and way too few of stuff that actual person would wear in this situation. And I do not wish to see any of this. SWL is no exception to this rule though I sure didn’t know about it when I chose my first character but it was safe choice.
:woman_shrugging:
(i do have 2 male and 1 female characters in swl)

1 Like

Thank you for your answers !

I have a male character, to tell the truth, I always had a male character, since the beginning of video games in the 1970s.
In the old days, there were no female characters so I had no choice.
In 1986, I played the Metroid game, it was a female character, then in 1996 with the game Tomb Raider.
Over time, the games got better and online games appeared. The mentalities of developers and players have changed. We can now choose to either take a male character or a female character, especially in MMOs.
I’m from the old school and I kept a male character for each game, easier to dress.

(My first post, I had Fenrir’s help for the English translation. For this one, it’s google translate, because I think Fenrir must be sleeping at this hour, hi hi!)

Merci de vos réponses !

J’ai un personnage masculin, à vrai dire, j’ai toujours eu un personnage masculin, depuis le début des jeux vidéos dans les années 1970.
Jadis, ça n’existait pas les personnages féminins donc je n’avais pas le choix.
En 1986, j’ai joué au jeu Metroid, c’était un personnage féminin, puis en 1996 avec le jeu Tomb Raider.
Avec le temps, les jeux se sont améliorés et les jeux en ligne sont apparus. Les mentalités des développeurs et des joueurs ont changé. Nous pouvons maintenant choisir, soit prendre un personnage masculin ou un personnage féminin, surtout dans les MMO.
Je suis de la vieille école et j’ai gardé à chaque jeu, un personnage masculin, plus facile à l’habiller.

(Mon premier post, j’ai eu l’aide de Fenrir pour la traduction en anglais. Pour celui-ci, c’est Google translate, parce que je pense que Fenrir doit dormir à cette heure-ci, hi hi!)

1 Like

I’m not sure to what extent this holds true for SWL, but I know some women prefer male avatars in MMOs simply to avoid harassment from various kinds of creeps. And I totally get that, because some guys in MMOs are very bit as creepy as you’d expect that foul-mouthed douchebag from high school to be when he has online anonymity to hide behind.

In various other MMOs, I’ve seen everything from random aggressive ERP walk-ups who don’t like to take ‘no’ for an answer, to guys who harass female avatars for surely being ‘gender benders’ just looking for helpful gifts, to crazy misogynists starting to pick on a girl because the fact she’s soliciting neither ERP nor helpful gifts suggested she’s probably actually female.

TSW/SWL always seemed better, I never personally experienced or witnessed anything bad here; the benefit of an overall more mature audience, I figure.

2 Likes

I have 2 male and 2 female characters, but my main I play most is a dude like me, but buff where I’m not :stuck_out_tongue:

The gender of my characters is “personal story” based, in an in head RP sense.

@Ceruleana I tend to treat all of my characters like Ken and Barbie dolls, in as much as I’m forever changing their outfits :slight_smile: Different day, different duds :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ha ha ha!

My mains are always female, but I definitely play male alts. The upside of male alts is I can be a “jerk” and no one complains I’m being a b**** (or about being a jerk, it’s somehow expected behaviour for male toons). Half-kidding, full earnest :wink:

3 Likes

So why did you choose an avatar from the opposite ■■■?

if we are speaking about SWL, it all started with clothing transfer, you know!

Need on Fastionista!!

1 Like

While my main character shares the same gender as me (male), I also have female alts.

With all of my characters, I come up with multiple outfits for them, tailoring ones for each zone, or if they’re going into a serious combat, or trying to present themselves formally for someone important, things like that. I don’t necessarily save each of these outfits, but changing it up while playing through the main story at least gets me to think about each of them and their fashion sense a bit.

2 Likes

I somewhat pick my outfit to suit the season, I was better organized in TSW but I haven’t really taken the time in SWL to get a mod set up with outfits and figure out what suits my character.

I have tried both genders in games but I’m just less motivated to play the male ones, I don’t introspect too much into it.

2 Likes

In pretty much any game, I create multiple alts, and I try to keep those alts semi-balanced as to male/female ratio. Somewhere between 50/50 and 65/35 male:female ratio.

In the case of my original TSW account, I wanted one male and one female for each faction, so 6 characters. When we moved to SWL I went with 2 males, 1 female.

As for how to dress them, I tend to make my characters nondescript. I don’t max out shoulders, muscles and height on males, nor curves and chest slider on females. I throw together a starter outfit at account creation that says something about the characters unique backstory/persona (all characters have one), and then that becomes “their outfit” for pretty much all time.

1 Like

yes, hi hi!
I am very old, almost … I am one of the seniors
Whatever I know of players who are even older than me, on SWL.

I thought of creating a female alt, which looks like me for real (I am a girl), but I quickly became discouraged. It is already long to assemble a single character, I do not have the patience for a second character.

Most of you were not even born when I started playing or they were still in the cradle.
Today, I’m in my sixties, yes, I’m old …

Many of us are seniors on SWL, hi hi!
Long live the old!

ben oui, hi hi!
Je suis très vieille, presque… Je fais partie des seniors
Quoi que je connais des joueurs qui sont encore plus vieux que moi, sur SWL.

J’ai pensé me créer un alt féminin, qui me ressemble en vrai (je suis une fille), mais je me suis vite découragé. C’est déjà long pour monter un seul personnage, je n’ai pas la patience pour un deuxième personnage.

La plupart d’entre-vous n’était même pas né quand j’ai commencé à jouer ou ils étaient encore au berceau.
Aujourd’hui, j’ai la soixantaine passé, eh oui, je suis vieille…

Nous sommes nombreux à être des seniors sur SWL, hi hi!
Vive les vieux !

6 Likes

I have 3 male characters in SWL, but if I ever get another slot it will be a female. I wish I’d made one already, but the 3 I have are all parts of a single character.

Usually in other MMOs though I choose based on the hair/face/character model/customisation options, and whichever one has the better choices for the type of character I want to make.

I don’t think I’d dress a character “sexy” though, unless it was somehow a cute outfit that I would wear on male or female.

3 Likes

I (male) usually play more male than female characters, but my main in TSW and in SWL is female. As @aseeoclrieatn says, the clothing transfer played a large part in my initial SWL choice, and in TSW I made a female character to look like my gf at the time. Often my choice is based on what I feel I have a cool idea for at the time.

I don’t dress my female characters in a slutty way though, for the most part. It just seems demeaning when people do. I prefer to dress my characters in some form of formal or action-ready gear, or fun costumes. My alts are male and follow the same outfit pattern. I change my main’s attire every few days or weeks.

2 Likes

I have always created stories in my head, and since at least the 90’s when I was able to create my own characters in (some) games I have always created both males and females. When I sit with character creation for a new game I don’t look at visuals first; I think of the world and a possible character in that world and then I create.

I am a (non-active) role player and that is likely why.

3 Likes

People in this game have no taste when it comes to dressing anybody, regardless of gender.

2 Likes

I’ve always used female characters since I started playing EQ 20 years ago. If I’m gonna be staring at an ■■■ all day, might as well enjoy the view.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, you creepy weirdo :v:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what a friend told me long time ago when we were playing Asheron’s Call ( @MangaSpirit talk about being old ! ) and a few games later I switched to the dark side too and started playing only female characters.
That and what @Leogrim said about male models being ugly and boring.

1 Like