Extreme stutters and crashes after optimization patch

Game mode: (Online private)]
Type of issue: Crash | Performance]
Server type: [ PvP ]
Region: [EU]

I used to fix my stutter issues ingame by editing the engine.ini file and I can no longer do so. It reverts back to default on the settings and it’s really messing up my gaming experience because it causes stutters and crashes. There is a memory leak attached to one of those options I believe.
These were the settings I used to run:
[/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]
gc.CreateGCClusters=False
gc.ActorClusteringEnabled=False
gc.BlueprintClusteringEnabled=False

It fixed the stuttering completely but since the latest patch one of those lines seem unchangeable.

Are you making the change under /Localization or /WindowsNoEditor? The latter will override the former.

Regards

jim

Hey @ylvalie

Welcome to our community and apologies for the frustration.
Garbage collection was disabled by default long ago this year so the use of that setting shouldn’t be necessary.
Since you mention this is happening in a private server, are there any mods installed?

Yes. There’s alot of mods installed but this is one of the largest EU servers and not everyone is suffering these issues so it can’t be just mods and it started with the release of the latest patch. The server is Thrall Wars.

these are the mods:
Mods used (in the following order)

1. Pippi - User and Server Management
  2. Roleplay mod
  3. Thrall Wars Decorations
  4. Conan Sexiles
  5. SlaverMod 1.06
  6. Thrall War Dungeon Mod
  7. Unlock plus (with pickup)
  8. RP Aesthetics (RA)
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.