Faction Question

I’ve been playing this game for about 2 months and I cannot believe how incredibly vague things are in it.

I had only the choice of 2 factions to join on my assassin and the dagger faction guy didn’t give me the option to join him which would have been suitable. How do I leave this Last Faction to join his? And why on earth can’t the game creators explain the whole faction thing properly, and give us the option to join factions that suit the class we’re in?? Why is everything so vaguely explained in this game?

If I get any trolly pathetic comments, I will ignore them. I dont have energy to deal with mentalities like that. I’m simply giving feedback as to why this game is so incredibly vague on stuff.

1. GIVE US A CHOICE TO JOIN A FACTION THAT SUITS THE CLASS WE’RE IN!
  2. LET US KNOW HOW TO QUIT THE LAST FACTION THING SO WE CAN JOIN THE FACTION WE WANT TO JOIN.
  3. YES SOME OF US ARE NEW PLAYERS, WE HAVEN’T PLAYED THE GAME FOR 10 YEARS SO HAVE A BIT OF RESPECT AND EXPLAIN THINGS VIA THE NPCS.

Not to be rude but are you sure you’re in the right forum? Classes and factions is an Age of Conan thing, not Conan Exiles.

When you enter northern grasslands and speak with the NPC near entrance (Astreas I think it is) he gives you quests to pick between some of the factions. He gives you some when you ask about factions in northern grasslands and more when you ask about factions further away
… this should yield you the choice between
Wolves of the steppes vs Hykarian
Last legion vs scarlet circle
Brittle blade vs shadows of jade
Yellow priests of Yun vs children of YAG-Kosha

Then you speak to the representative of each and at some point in the conversation you get option to hand over the scroll to join the faction. Sometimes you need to speak to both sides before this option comes up. Sometimes you can join the faction after speaking to only one side. If you don’t want to join either faction then just delete the quest.

If you joined the wrong side or want to swop then there are poster boards close but outside some of the faction encampments. To change factions, go to the enemy one’s poster and click … you get asked to confirm you want to betray your current faction …when you accept it resets your faction points to -50 000 of the one you just left and the one you just changed to …can’t remember …might be 0. It gives you a redemption quest …basically kill x of the faction you just left. Then to get quests from the new faction you need to kill the enemy until you are +5000 with new faction.

Hope this helps.
(PS: to join Tamarin tigers or scholars of Cheng-ho… guy at foot ofsteps after you zone into Chosain from northern grasslands, to join Insurrection - that’s someone in paikang near entry point. To join Jiang-shi … that’s one of octopus wall carving in Kara korum on outside of one of the houses )

3 Likes

I presume you are talking about the 2 factions at level 50 about, however at level 80 once in khitai there were be many factions to join that gives some of the best items in game. If you join a faction you will become enemy with another. I suggest you to read this link after doing a search for factions.

https://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php

Regards.

I wrote a rather long “guide” about all the expansions, look at the part “Rise of the Godslayer” → “Factions”, there I explain how the factions work, how to get the several gear sets and what faction suits your class.

As you might notice: There is no “perfect” faction for any class, if you want all items (weapons, rings, necklace, armor, potions) you will need to switch a faction at one point and work your way up at several different ones. That’s probably the reason why there is no explanation about this in the game though I agree that the faction system could be explained a little more in detail in the ingame help.

The only time you only have 2 factions to choose from are the in the Silver Artium in Khemi which was the original ‘welcome to the Godslayer expansion’ quest back when it was released (and still around for all), but neither of those factions ‘stick’, it was just to introduce you to the faction system.

The second is when you first reach the Great Wall in the Gateway area when you can fight for one of the 2 at the wall, but once again neither of those stick either.

You should have gotten the quest from Conan to go see his rep / spy in Khitai so Once inside (Northern Grassland’s) you talk to him and he tells you to go talk to ALL the factions and decide which you wish to help.

Not all factions really match the different classes. It’s more likely they were set up to match the 3 archtype’s.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.