"Fall back!" or "Stand Down!"

Why, after all this time, is there no quick way to tell your follows not to go balls-to-the-wall lethal, in the middle of activity?
I have lost count of how many times this has happend: I’m passing through somewhere, and I encounter a named artisan who I REALLY NEED, but they and their pals get aggroed.
I’m running in a circle, trying desperately to tell my followers to attack nothing, but to do so, I have to hold the interaction button on one follower, then go through the menu to tell them. And then I have to do it again, since I have two followers.

We NEED a quick option to quickly tell all followers to either stand down, fall back, etc.
Just as often, I can’t get a follower to back off from an enemy they can’t handle while I’m fleeing.
I get so far away I can’t see anyone, and it says they died.
FFS.

you already have the option , you can go in settings and set any key to the “stop” command :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

ps : you also can set your thrall behavior to attack nothing and he will only attack what you order him to

1 Like

Stop only works now and again and only for a brief period. Putting them on attack nothing is great unless you die in which case your thrall stands there taking a beating until you get back there and manage to change the settings whilst dodging whatever is wailing on them. Lost a few thralls over the years like this. I agree with op. It would be a very nice qol addition.

1 Like

Need something like the whistle commands in Ark. One that your thrall will attack target, one for attack all, one for passive mode etc. There is room for expansion here I think.

1 Like

I like it

I set up a hotkey on my “return” action and when I use it my follower immediately breaks off and comes to me. If you are fleeing, this is the perfect way to go. Just spam the key a few times and your follower will come to you.
When I go into a place like the den, or UC, looking for thralls, I always give my follower a truncheon before going in.
There are no magic functions to keep your thrall from killing a named NPC, you have to decide if you want to hunt thralls or go on a killing spree, but every once in awhile I can “flee” when I see a named thrall and get my follower to “return” to me without killing it, then I go back with truncheons.

Another alternative is setting Followers to Attack Nothing and only use the manual attack command when needed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.