Fatal Error - can no longer play

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvE
Region: eu
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Fatal error: [File:C:\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 805]
Rendering thread exception:
Fatal error: [File:C:\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 959]
GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 150.04 secs

!0x0000000000000000

I am also having this issue since the last Funcom update to Conan. Game was fine before the update. I have tried all the resolves I could find online and nothing works. I feel it has something to do with the older 10 series Gforce cards. I am running a 1070 and have seen other comments with this issue running the 10 series cards. I am an Admin on multible private servers and have not been able to even get in the game to help anyone out! PLEASE SOMEONE find a fix for this!

I am running 1080ti and I have no issues. My laptop has 1060, also no issues. Drivers updated? Game files verified?

yeah, did all the things and stuff, even a complete reinstall of the game.

and turned on I have my pc also

Still crashing! Replying to keep thread alive. Would love to find a resolve for this issue!!

So what exactly did you do (you said all but what did you try)? Anything windows related? Mods?

I have updated Nvidia drivers, rolled back drivers 3 versions, Have uninstalled and complete reinstall of Conan and all mods, verified files, uninstalled Gforce experience, added a Dword in the registry, didn’t work, removed it. all other Steam games and everything else work fine with no issues at all! Just Conan!
Fatal error: [File:C:\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 959]
GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 60.00 secs

!0x0000000000000000

The issue happens with no mods at all installed in Solo Play in Admin mode. Seems to be ok ion an official server but do to only being able to walk maybe it is not getting hit as hard trying to render. Ctrl+Right Click to Admin port to a spot and it locks up! Sometimes just flying around or warping to an Admin warp.

I too am experiencing this issue. My situation might be a little different. I am running on a Linux machine under Steam using proton. I have tried various versions of Proton and no matter which, get this error seemingly at random times:

Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Memory: 32GB
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: NVIDIA GK104 [GeForce GTX 660Ti]
Drivers: libnvidia-common-470

I have log files I can upload if needed. Also let me know if I need to move this to a separate thread.

LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
LogWindows:Error:
LogWindows:Error: Fatal error: [File:C:\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 959]
LogWindows:Error: GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 60.00 secs
LogWindows:Error: !0x0000000000000000

Game locks up at this point. Getting back in seems to be iffy at times. I can usually launch the Funcom launcher, but from there it can take multiple tries to get this to run again.

1 Like

Yeah, I am so frustrated with this issue and the lack of finding a resolve. Being an Admin on multiple servers and not being able to get in and stay in game to help my community is really grinding my gears!

OK! So after todays Funcom update it appears as though the error has fixed itself. Will confirm after all the mod devs get everything updated but i ran a live server with just Pippi and AOC and it seemed to be fine. I could CTRL+Right Click all over without locking up and Fatal Error!

My game is crashing midway through the intro video.

I am receiving the following Fatal Error popup:
[File:C\B\tech_exiles\code\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line:344]
Could not find SuperStruct GetIdleEmoteToPlay to create GetIdleEmoteToPlay

@mmazzaro This is an error caused by a mod. You will need to wait for the mod to update or remove the problematic mod (lose all items from that mod).

I just did that and no fatal error. Thank God, only had 59 min left to refresh my bases on official server. Thank you

Well, I know I am the oddball here, but I am still getting this an a few other errors on Linux running this under Proton. It doesn’t seem to be the same pattern as before, but I am still gettting crashes. If log files are needed or wanted I can work to get some uploaded.

I was wondering since the Steam Deck will be running linux and this game is made with the unreal engine, can they compile up a native linux version?

Fatal error:
Mounted paks num(203) not equal to expected paks num(201) and (0) optional packs not available. Please verify your installation.

Which I have done and did not help.

Fixed it. When in the content folder and deleted old .PAKS files

My partner is having this same issue and he was playing on an Official server, he was mining some iron and boom, screen went black and crashed him, giving him the same error line, he’s tried many things including completely uninstalling and erasing everything left over, and reinstalling, and nothing - it won’t even allow him to access the screen to change his graphics settings period, it dies the second after the cinematic, black screen, so he can no longer even play Conan ;( it just happened, and I should mention that when it went black screen, he noticed something updated, but he was playing just fine prior to that

EDIT!!! : I got him to go to Conan Exiles > ConanSandbox > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor and change where it says ‘graphicsQualityType=Auto’ to ‘graphicsQualityType=Low’ and it allowed him to actually get past that cinematic screen, hope this might help someone else who is having this same issue.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.