Fatal Error crash to blue screen after last patch

**Game mode: Single-player
**Type of issue: Select one: Crash
**Server type: PvE
**Region:
Mods?: *[ Are mods installed: No

Bug Description:

Crashes to blue screen after trying to launch game. Windows then collects data and reboots. Have checked game file integrity through Steam, run the recommended workaround (adding the lines to the engine.ini, and the second suggested addition to the same file), and tried the cpu environment variables changes.

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz|
|Installed RAM|32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|

Expected Behavior:

Expected the game to load

Installed Mods:

No mods

Steps to Reproduce:

Loading screen works but clicking on launch or continue crashes the game to BSOD

A game shouldn’t cause you a blue screen.
Blue screens are mostly windows or hardware related. I would check my windows updates, and make sure all your drivers are up-to-date.

Also a game-file verification by Steam is never wrong. But i doubt it’s that.

Check drivers. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies Vattende and Drachenfeles. So the driver suggestion reminded me of the Win 20H2 update recently and the havoc it played with my killer wireless card. At the time I just switched to my lan connection and awaited a driver update from killer wireless. Well I double checked and it still hadn’t picked up the update so I manually did it. Even with that I still was getting a BSOD with the stopcode relating to rfcomm.sys, which seems to be a common problem. So I did the following steps and these resolved it.

From the command prompt as admin i ran :DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Once that finished I ran from the same admin cmd screen: sfc/scannow

Rebooted then reloaded the game and it fired right up. Thanks for suggestions, they lead me down the right path. I really appreciate the responses.

2 Likes

Glad you could fix it. I know W10 can be a true pain, i had also lot struggles, and it still feels like an alien-ghosted thing. :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.