Fatal Error on Steam but game is loading behind it

I have been getting a fatal error on opening Conan from Steam, after clicking on play on the launcher.

I have verified files, checked drivers on my pc, uninstalled fully and reinstalled, verified again. I play on Official with no mods.

The weird part is the game loads up in the background and runs as normal, but the error closes it. Nothing had changed from when I played the day before.

Any ideas what could be causing it, or something I can do that I have missed?

Greetings Exile and welcome to our forum,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you share with us your game logs so we can take a better look at what might be the issue?

You can find them by following:

Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs

We await your reply.

Hello
I have exactly same issue since today, fatal error when lunching game, with steam.
It still runs if I don’t touch this windows and I can play a litle but the game crash at the end after some minutes.
I was playing fine yesterday…
I did nvidia update today at 526.47 version
I tried to reinstall the game, lunch as administrator, verify integrity files
I even downgrownd at 512.15 nvidia version : nothing changed…
How can I send you my logs files please ?

Greetings @Wretch,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We updated your forum rank and you should be allowed to send files and images now.

Please share the log files that you can find by following:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs

Feel free to reach out in private via direct message if you prefer.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings Exiles,

Thanks to @Wretch testing our suggestions out, we managed to find a possible cause for this issue. Please delete the following file:

SilentEvents.log

From the ConanSandbox/Saved/Logs folder.

Let us know if it works for you as well @Nimue, and if the issue still persists we would be glad to take a look at your log files to assist you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.