Feedback & Suggestions

This isn’t the “only” issue. As a tank, i want to see any friendly ground AoE so i don’t move the boss out of them and keep it in as long as possible. There needs to be a middle ground imo, such as a slider to see them more or less shiny, and/or a complete rework of the graphics of these abilities. TLDR: we need to be able to see things in a clear manner, and graphics need to be soft and not flashy. I want to see a Blizzard (for instance) on the ground when i tank the boss, i just don’t want to be blinded by it and i don’t want it to mask enemy ground AoEs.

4 Likes

[Items/pets] items specially non tanking weapons like blade that has warding suffix this item does not give any incentive to the player unlike other suffix.

Since blade skills does not generate hate it is useless for blade users.

suggestions:
Make warding a hate generating stats or atleast give it some hate generation.
Or
Bring
back the hate generators of blade skills

[Interface]/[Misc] How about a Simplified Spell Effects option?

I don’t have medical issues with the effects, even in big piles like Talos fights, but I do have trouble telling what is going on with so many extreme visual effects overlapping. A lot of them I’m just not used to because I mostly only see my own few. Luckily, the Talos fights are easy enough I can mostly just ignore it all anyway. And somehow my current system seems to be handling it okay, but that wasn’t always the case.

It would be a bit more work than an “effects off” switch, which can actually be done through client variables, but how about an option for “Simplified Effects”? Maybe it could even be a slider in the Advanced Video Options, like the one for Environmental Effects detail.

… actually, now that I look again, that’s pretty much what Szalord’s last post said.

2 Likes

Hey @Szalord . While I can’t promise anything immediate at this time, I’ll make sure devs are aware of VFX/SFX that may be getting in the way during bossfights.

3 Likes

I hope developers are also aware about that one ability I mentioned few times on Discord, too. I’m sorry I have no idea which one it is but it makes image on my screen flinch which makes my eyes hurt. I’d really appreciate it fixed. :disappointed_relieved:

I know some fist abilities warp the screen of everyone close enough, is that what you mean?

For the folks getting headaches, how bright are the rooms you’re playing in? Sufficient ambient lighting can play a huge role in eye comfort.

1 Like

I have the overhead light in my room on at all times whenever I am on my computer. I have tried about everything I can think of to not have an issue but there is nothing for me that fixes the problems caused by flashy effects.

1 Like

I think so.
Also my case is not headache and I have plenty lights around my workplace and all lamps are on in the evening. :<

[Interface] Is it possible that you could add a slash command /logout so that it will be more intuitive for most players. /camp is a very old term and a lot of new players may not be aware of it but /logout is more standardized and so I hope you can add it.

1 Like

/camp really should make you strike a fabulous pose.

3 Likes

Or pitch a tent.

3 Likes

[PvE][Event] Please consider making events less RNG heavy. This event had multiple RNG grinds, with no upper limits on some of the grind. I think events should be designed so that most people get everything by the end. Players should not feel desperate and frustrated trying to complete achievements and get loot this far into the event.

The event had shards for the golems, which was good. Perhaps those shards could be extended to other rewards with an event vendor, and awarded from HK as well. That way people could prioritize rewards they want the most if they don’t have time or interest to get everything or are unlucky getting drops.

I think it was a bad idea that Lore 11 was behind RNG. Everyone should be able to enjoy all the lore for an event with only modest effort, as that really has no impact on anyone else.

6 Likes

Not happy to hear yer friend is having trouble. Me as a migraine patient never had any probs (the grenades that explode in my agent’s face aside) so far however. So I’d disagree in most of the visual points and completely on the sounds. Pistols not making sounds when fired? What nonsense.
(Read through a few of the posts above and hope, there will be a compromise / option in the future. gl)

A solution for all that would be a button / check-box “show effects only on self”. That should reduce the load.
Also a “don’t show visual tracking” option would save a lot of my immersion for example.

1 Like

Can something be done to improve interrupt abilities? Given the incredibly tight timing required on some bosses, Mistresse’s Bashosen is pretty much the only interrupt I feel I can rely on - ability based interrupts are far too finicky by comparison since they won’t go off if you’re channelling or have just cast another ability or whatever.

1 Like

For me, it doesn’t make much of a difference proc-wise (visually) … As in, it looks the same if the ability works or not… unless specific attacks have been launched. :confused: I do find it strange how some gadgets, makes up for some short ends on our actives and passives. Then again… some of them were once abilities used back in TSW, like the shotgun turret… Sigh … yeah.

'fraid you’d need more assistance to make that happen, some incentive maybe…But hey, sounds good to me, my agent might not be as happy to display this “new-found” expression … no matter where the response might appear from! xD

So here goes my two cents: Regarding issues and general Feedback. My impression remains the same, yet… I know that some things are here to stay, regardless of how much I would wish of it otherwise. I speak namely of Explosives, the Effect visually, audiobly and overall.

Short introduction: Explosives, these does trigger some nasty health-based effects… in more ways than one. I sit here with shock, twitching (shaking hands, just enough to make me feel it… not enough to make it visibly appearant to those around me. I wish not to write more of how my mind gets or what inhibits it… but I can say this much of it: it ain’t pretty. :persevere:

Playing The Secret world, were worth the shocks (as back then, it could be limited a bit more… less exposure over a short moment of time - aka, it didn’t appear within a few timeframes of the second before the next… so yeah, you could brace yourself for the next upcomming one without having a follow-up seconds later.

• Yes it did contain it, but it wasn’t a stream you couldn’t stop/halt/cut off… so that’s why I mention it.
  • Some might wish to have a 100% accurate representation, though safe to say… I’m not in the right state of mind… nor health to tick down the seconds, to test it out once more. :neutral_face:

In The Secret World Legends, this is where it all proceeds to cause reactions from my end.
I wished to pick up the Assualt rifle, as it had been ok during the beta phase… surely enough prominent, on the BOOM, BOOM… BOOM, BOOM - side of things, but back then it could be a bit more controlled or so I believed. :+1:

Nowadays… not so much. For who knows a bit if not more of my state - has given me either tips or outright told me to keep some distance from them, while healing for instance… while I sat on support heal/DPS.

During some moments I try to close my eyes if it’s possible, and hope it won’t kill my character off straight away… Despite that… I don’t mind my character dying compared to my psyche being pushed to it’s limits.
I wish to avoid having to ask players or ‘Randos’ as some has called 'em… to avoid using rifles (due to the Granade usage) nothing wrong with using a rifle just keep that in mind. (Re-read this, until it sticks - I wish not to be cruel, but there is a point to be made in there!)

Even the few times when I have nicely asked if they could relax… with the ichy triggerfinger with the MIRV launcher equipt… Still get the feeling that, it may be more than I got the rights to ask, since some has expressed that… they feel a bit preassured when asked or uncomfortable … might even say strongly confused by the question. Replies such as this “Why though?.. I mean what’s the point in…that?” - and akin, hasn’t been uncommon.

I’m honestly baffled why some has responded that: “If it is so bad as you put it…/If you can’t manage that… why are you even playing the game?” :frowning_face:

• I mean, come on! … I played The Secret World, since 2013… loved the story and most of it’s overall content (YOU WON’T hear that comming from me, regarding most games I’ve played… Despite being kind and polite, when it comes to my opinions about a game… I can be a critical, cynical, wretched being… a Not-so-Mr.Niceguy by then.) … there will always be something I will notify others about… or feel strong disatisfaction from, so being as high up on my list as it is… amongst the top five for me over the course of my years… least for the ones I have memory of.
    … SO why wouldn’t I try to play SWL then, when South Africa and possibly more stories might be told as well?!

• “Then don’t use a rifle then! … simple fix to your problem right there.” … If I hear that, I do not consider it any better. It will not be ideal, as it removes 1 entire weapon and page… sending it down the drain.

• I’ve been infuriated by that, for longer than most could fathom… yet I sat back, and held back whichever form of filth that filled my head at the moment, to avoid spilling malice in form of getting on the defensive side.

In means of the Audio, I’ll keep this rather brief.

It’s spot on - difficult to compare to a IED, or a plastic explosive. Due to experience… I can say as much.

Even the granades are on par audio-vise… all in all, the one responsible in that department got a good ear (and moreso, better hearing than me! :sweat_smile:)

So an A+ on the excecution there! :smiley::+1:

My wishes would be a toggle function for these effects, visual-wise… NB!: Keep in mind that I’m speaking of the effect, not the ability as a whole.

… I’d prefer a toggle option, but I’m not expecting one. Simply hoping it might be viewed as a possibility! :zipper_mouth_face:

This is the end, thanks for your time - and my appologize for the Novel of a text. Cheers to each and all!

2 Likes

That’s at least 2000 Anima Shards, right ? In that case, stop giving out Buzzing Hives after the 21th day and just put 2k Anima Shards in the daily event reward.

In past events, the expired items were worth only half as much (1000 shards) compared to opening them during the event (2000). So unless that has changed, I’d rather they keep the giving us hives (and equivalent items) instead of straight up shards.

And to me, it wouldn’t make sense to give players who have been sitting on hives (ouch) the same reward as those who have been killing golems to open theirs since day 11.