Feedback & Suggestions

I agree. Haveing a free for all smash Bros style PVP would be interesting.

I participated in the Moto bike race last Friday. It’d be great to have a que-in-PVP version of that. Multiple courses… maybe a flaming chainsaw or two…

It would be cool to have a one Vs many PVP que where one guy got to be big like the hatekeeper. Everybody else would try to beat the stuffing outta them like a piñata… If, we beat it up, we get candy… or aurum. If the HK deserts or freezes then another AI hatekeeper comes in and takes over. And… the HK could win. There could be a high score kept.

Please, add damage done per boss/raid like you have for Shambala. I’m not downloading a mod. I do not want troubles everytime a new patch comes out.

Please, add another page for builds. I’m having to delete builds I don’t use often enough. Builds I’d like to keep. Make it available for aurum.

I have a friend who still wants a in-game panda onesie. It’s kinda become a life or death matter…

Please consider adding a high score for things…

I noticed while in mall-argatha it’s really fun jumping from platform to platform on those spring thingys… ever see the anime Keijo? Kinda reminds me of that. Could we have a PVP deal where we could bonk into one another using those spring thingys? Or… even a mission that used those spring thingys as a horrendously difficult platformer… or both.

You might want to try the BooBuilds mod.

1 Like

How about a PvP mode where each team has to capture and hold as many areas as possible by standing in them, accruing points for each area held, until a time limit or total domination? Call it something like Agarthi Basin.

Alternatively, and a bit less plagiary, thinking about the popularity of the World Cup, you could have two teams beat the crap out of each other, and at the end of a set period (like 30 or 45 seconds) teams are scored on number of people still standing, then everyone respawns and play resumes. Highest score over the winning threshold wins, with instant knockout in the event of a tie. Put hazards in the playfield, move spawn points around between periods, things like that.

As with all such ideas, it sounds amazing in the OP’s head, but no-doubt it’s terribly planned and utterly flawed :stuck_out_tongue:

Free Brewed Ergot and Fireworks on May 17th, the Norwegian Constitution Day.

Ditto, but Nirvelle suggested they’d rather put in new stuff, so figured I’d suggest something for that. I loved Stonehenge and El Dorado, probably because I’d loved Arathi Basin in WoW.

We have a huge problem with some spell effects. One of people in our group cannot play any group content with us anymore because that person figured out why they’ve been getting headaches : it is because of Blizzard.

In general, the following ability graphical effects are way too flashy and are either masking enemy ground effects, or just literally blinding up people / giving headache (in order of importance, most important ones in the top of the list):

• Wings (it’s literally almost impossible to see anything AT ALL after someone uses wings, and i wonder how epileptic or eye sensible people can even play with this ability)
  • Blizzard (ground effect masking everything)
  • High Explosive Grenade (the persistant ground effect - see Blizzard)
  • Burning Wrath (same as Blizzard)
  • Cacophony (an attack from doppelgangers)
  • Doppelgangers - i’d appreciate if we maybe had the option to not even see at all the other player’s doppelgangers (or just put a toggle option for it since some people might want to still see them in PvP?)
  • Singularities (too outstanding graphics, and too flashy when exploding)
  • Crystallized Flame / Blaze / Frost / Storm (to a lesser degree, but still very graphically outstanding)
  • Flicker’s ground effect (tone down a bit)
  • Savage Sweep (animation is way too big for its real effect)
  • Regeneration (the screen tearing still exists, even if it happens less often than in TSW with Fired Up)
  • Blood abilities like shields or healing from Eldritch Scourge might need a tone down imo.
  • Anomaly (tone it down a bit)
  • Bombardment (tone it down a bit)

Another issue is about some abilities doing way too much noise:

• Swallow Cut (and maybe some other blade abilities’ swings)
  • Crystallized Blaze (too spammy with the amount of ticks)
  • Pistol sounds for other people are a bit spammy.

Additional issues:

• Ankh - 2nd boss - Dr Klein on the bridge - way too flashy graphical effects (waves and motes) in darker background.

While i understand that flashy and cartoonish spell effects were meant to attract new players since it is pretty standard these days in many MMORPGs, please understand that all those effects simply do not fit this game’s atmosphere. There’s nothing more immersion-breaking than some super flashy effects in a horror-based game. Moreover, the issue goes further as i stated, and some effects are a big deal in terms of health for people (i don’t know how epileptic people can react to some of those super flashy effects such as some of the Chaos animations i’ve stated above).

If you can’t fix all of those in my lists, at least take care of the first 7, which are the most important in my opinion. Otherwise, i’d suggest to introduce a toggle in the Video Advanced Setting tab to spell effect animation coming from self, AND another trigger for spell effects coming from other people.

Last (but maybe not least), enemy ground effects usually always have outlines delimiting them (Fist attacks from Lurker). But everything related to filth ground AoEs do not have any outlines. Please, create outlines for filth surrounding filth patches so people can actually know more accurately where they can and cannot step.

@AndyB I’d like to mention you for these issues, in the hope you acknowledge it as soon as possible.

If i forgot any ability or issue related to this thread, please tell me so i add it in the list.

7 Likes

Communion from blood is another specific I’d add into this. If the group is close together, five rather large shield effects can really get in the way.

2 Likes

I don’t really get headaches and I don’t play with sound on however I have always wanted the option to have a simplified AoE mode, no effects other then simple outlines indicating the area of effect. I think it would greatly reduce the strain on people’s computers and make it far easier to see overlapping mechanics. Not that it’s a huge deal currently but if this were to happen for both PvP and PVE it would be nice to have 2 simplified outlines. Red for hostile and green for friendly aoes.

2 Likes

Yep, already put that, look at this sentence:

“Blood abilities like shields or healing from Eldritch Scourge might need a tone down imo.” I definitely had things like Communion in mind.

1 Like

Can’t believe you missed the biggest eye-cancerous seizure inducer out there. I am of course referring to the Ankh dungeon. Luckily, I’ve maxed my talis and weapons months ago, but I imagine not everyone is so lucky and have to suffer through the purple muahahahas.

Can you develop? I’ve no idea what you’re talking about…

Probably the purple shiny effects hell that is Dr. Klein on the bridge.

It’s particularly bad because the Ankh is dark, which makes flashy spell effects FLASHY.

Hum ok, but Ankh was always purple-heavy since TSW, i didn’t notice anything special with that dungeon personally and i didn’t hear about anybody complaining about it. I just want to figure out what’s exactly the matter apart of the fact someone dislikes… purple colors?

Edit: ok i think i’ve got it, you’re talking about Ankh2 boss - Klein on the bridge. Ok yes i guess it’s a little too shiny and can get some adjustments. Agreed and added to the existing list.

Right, Ankh 2, when Klein is shielded by the Reaper, the Reaper is down, and Klein is throwing waves. Purple effects hell :slight_smile: . It was a problem in TSW too, just not as bad because player effects didn’t stack to compound the issue.

I have minor issues with flashy graphics inducing headaches and occasionally triggering my movement disorder, and Ankh 2 would do it from time to time. Mainly I have issues when the environment is dark + spell effects.

Yeah, sorry, I meant ankh2. I checked with people who played TSW version, it wasn’t so bad before SWL. I can understand the design choice of bling blinging the player effects but upping the purple there strikes me as odd and could be reversed.

Would like to see Mjolnir toned down a lot too. I am another who can’t play any group content due to elemental and some chaos skills, found this out the hard way when I grouped with an elementalist and got a pretty bad headache and had nausea and eye twitching going on for over an hour after. Was rather upsetting because I had intended to tank. I know others too who quit over this, one due to migraines and the other due to fantasy style spell effects being too immersion breaking.

Ideally an option to disable friendly spell effects could be added in settings.

This would be a good compromise, especially since most abilities that give positive effects to you/friendly targets (though not all IIRC - I don’t think Eldritch Scourge does) give you a little buff square as well, so people would still know that the effect is in progress. The only one that might cause an issue being turned off entirely is Wild Surge, which relies on people having a visible AoE to be inside to get the benefit.

1 Like