Feedback: The lvl 60 cap is too low, and leaves too much gameplay on the table

Honestly, I got to level 60 in under 3 weeks of very casual gameplay. The PC version offers Mods that allow you to elect to expand upon that. That console version does not. In either version, there really aught to be a way to increase the level cap to not leave so much gameplay on the floor. For big clan games, the level 60 cap might work. For solo or small friend server play, a LOT of gameplay is unavailable without constant respec, and really, really imbalance character development.

Please consider implementing a way to opt in to larger caps for levels and stats… Default to level 60, make official servers level 60, but please offer everyone else the option to increase it.

In solo game go admin mode and place the lvl you want, you will get some extra attribute points.
Now about lvl 60… The game starts at lvl 60, to go to this lvl is just a primary target, the game begins from lvl 60. It is discussed a million times yet a million one.
In any case if they add some levels I have no problem, but it will effect a lot the balance of the game. But no problems by me, I like new challenges.
Welcome to the forum :+1:t6:

2 Likes

Hey, @Archon_SD, welcome to the forums!

Can you explain what you mean when you say a lot of gameplay is unavailable without constant respec? What exactly are you respeccing constantly?

I’m asking, because there are already tools in the game to help manage that. If you’re using the yellow lotus potion, then yeah, that’s painful, but the good news is that you don’t need to.

If you want to change your attributes (e.g. strength, vitality, etc.), then you can drink the Potion of Bestial Memory and it will reset only your attributes, while leaving your feats intact. I do this on a relatively regular basis and it’s relatively painless.

On the other hand, there’s a potion to reset only your feats without affecting your attributes – it’s the Potion of Natural Learning – but I’ve very rarely needed to do that, because I can expand my total number of available knowledge points by consuming Fragments of Power or, even better, Tablets of Power.

Raising the level cap is a problematic proposal, because the balancing of the vanilla game (i.e. without mods) relies on the maximum attribute point pool afforded by the current level cap. If people were suddenly able to get all 5 perks in all 7 attributes, that would severely unbalance the game.

I hope this helps, let me know if I missed the point :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have my exp gains set to 0.3/0.5 or something, Feels more like default CE, before all buffs they kept doing…
So easy get to 60, I had knock it back myself everytime they updated it. (I get that more player wanted to get to “meat” of game… or maybe just stream roll it with lv60 gear. Or not get murder at lv30 against lv60. Makes since for pvp servers. Not so much PVE.

I do agree… it be nice if Level went higher. 60 can be “end”, for stat gains. I’d love to see lv65, 70, 75 etc get some deco or layer’d armor.

I find more incentive to explore and do map before I have lv60 gear, then after.
hence why I restart alot of times.

I think default exp gains are just to fast…Thats me.

I enjoy Soft caps, So long road to 61, let alone 100. Always makes my brain think theres progress to be Had.

1 Like

^^this. This is so right…

1 Like

Well for players that love extra levels exist the private servers :stuck_out_tongue:

Moving thread to Feedback.

2 Likes

Personally I feel that the current cap of level 60 is in a good place. It is nuanced, encourages specialization and experimentation with different loadouts. One thing I would like to see added to the leveling system is a Prestige option, which will return us to level 1 and allow to replay the process. It would be a alternative means to earn additional feat points along the way. I miss the fun of the leveling process.

3 Likes

Come now Halk lets be honest with ourselves here: were going to be playing it for the rest of our lives anyway. Might as well enjoy it to the fullest!

2 Likes

If you go to admin mode and make yourself 70 level you won’t get many attribute points - it’s capped at 12 attributes plus which is nothing and no, game does not start at level 60.

1 Like

If they lifted the cap, they’d have to “rebalance” (yuck) the game around the new cap.

2 Likes

It certainly makes me gag.

3 Likes

The game doesn’t start at 60, but it does open up significantly at level 60. You can’t make epic weapons and armor before 60.

Im personally not a fan of raising attributes with more levels. I don’t care so as much about feats, as we can already exceed the feat cap, but it would devalue tablets of power

I don’t object completely to adding more levels, but I would rather see something more interesting, like every 10 levels you get a special perk that are all cosmetic based.

For example maybe one could let you keep cosmetic war paint until you choose to remove it. Maybe another could unlock hair dyes for the player character.

1 Like

Id like to see perks tied to a combination of attributes, like 30 in two things gives a benefit beyond what they give individually.

2 Likes

Similar to how feats used to be extremely limited before the addition of Fragments of Power, the level 60 cap feels underwhelming.

Unfortunately, CE is not a RPG game (It should be), but it is not. It’s a half-console/half-pc game that runs a low-brow GUI for one reason or another.

When they added the ability to grind all feats, they did the game a huge favor. I personally would love the ability to grind more levels, but maybe not “all” of them.

Regarding balance. CE is an awkward PvP game regardless. Any balance changes that happen will result in a new meta, and smart players will use it while other players will suffer for not adopting it.

There is so few “skills” that leveling up and gaining additional perks would not be that unbalancing. I say that because right now, today, you can max two stats to 50 fairly reasonably. If you max Str and Vitality you are more or less as damaging, and hard to kill as you would be with all additional perks.

Extra grit is nice, but not game breaking. Extra encumbrance is just a time saver. Agility might add armor, but aside from that double jump, most of the perks are so-so. Survival… well, maxing survival would let you eat raw food, harvest faster, and not die to poison. Accuracy, you can use a bow regardless for throwing explosive arrows or combos.

Guess in my opinion a fully maxed character would be strong, but not impossible to kill. And it would still be possible to get trapped in a group of three mace-npc’s that club you to death.

I would vote for a higher level cap myself. Just make each level harder and harder to attain. That way very few players ever actually grind out the entirety of the skill tree, but most gain an additional line of skills.

Balance… hardly matters to me because thralls are so over-powered compared to players. I don’t think this game is balanced, and I don’t think with the skill system they have in place, that it will ever be balanced. That is what 'Meta’s are after all. People finding the most exploitable vulnerability, and abusing it for an efficient gain.

I am one of those players that wants additional armor slots, armor customization (even more than we have) and other added skills/items to acquire.

I appreciated the addition of sigils on Siptah, and hope for more of that type of character improvement in the future.

P.S. War paint sucks.

2 Likes

I had exactly the same opinion, until I send a photo on @Ragnaguard s post for encumbrance from admin mode that I was lvl 90. I get 2 notifications that my attributes had more points. I will try to find the photo and post it.

Edit.

As you see in the photo, I am lvl 90 and I have 402 unspend points. Thanks to @BrutusWhitefang and @Wolfrider4594 I realize that this happens. I remember wolfrider asking me how I have so many attribute points and I thought he was speaking about feat points 🤦🏼. In any case these two members opened my eyes this day, so I grab another chance to thank them again.

1 Like

Nothing compares the fresh starting. It is so awesome to start from 0 and gain all your lvls from the beginning, do a crazy naked run all around the map, not to afraid to loose anything, not to be afraid to die, you have adrenaline rush when you go lvl 20 in the mount of the dead to take the cooking and brewing recipes and then running naked extremely cold or very cold in some places so you can heal and move on, etc… This is the coolest thing when you jump from server to server to find friends, or to meet new ones. This was the only reason I participated in pvp servers, following a group of crazy players that couldn’t stay in a server more than 2 weeks. When they were entering the new server they were meeting the admin to give them the starter pack, I was running for obelisks :rofl::rofl::rofl:. The admin was asking about me if I wanted the starter pack and they were answering he is at volcano now obtaining the obelisk :rofl::rofl::rofl:. @Halk is right, we cannot say to anyone how to play, but we can least tell how we have fun when we play. Not a month ago @3LiON said that he reaches lvl 60 with stone weapons to make the game more interesting, I never try it but what I did on 8080 I reached lvl 60 without using axe or daggers that are my main weapons on the game and it was really cool. Like you said, we are going to play this game for a very long time, so we have to spice it a bit :wink:.

3 Likes

On the Official Server where I play, I’ve been judicious with my feats. That’s the tightrope, right? I’ve eaten one Flintstone Vitamin, yet right now I’ve only got 21 points to spare.

(Ordinarily I respec all the time, but due to the recipe wipe bug I’ve been much more careful.)

Personally I wouldn’t mind if the level cap kept progressing after a certain amount of time on a server. No more attributes, only a tiny amount of feat points. In this way we can still preserve the extraordinary value of Fragments of Power, and encourage people to put down roots on a server without obsessing whether I can in fact afford the punching dags. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Dude you just confirmed what i said.
Normally you have 390 att points at level 60, you can make yourself even 200 level and still it will add only 12 points to your pool making it 402 at maximum.

The only way to make it on single player is to edit sql database.

1 Like

Nice that we agree then :wink:. I will ask once again to forgive my English, I don’t always understand what I read, sorry m8 :+1:t6:

1 Like