As of Dec 2023, what happens to stacks of food left in Follower thrall inventories?
Do they consume them automatically?
If so, what causes them to eat another piece?
Since launch I’ve had periods of playing this game a lot and periods of not payin attention to it at all. Age of War looks kinda cool so I’m back, but with the food system I’ve seen lots of features come, change and go, and bugs pop up and get fixed. Here’s what I think certain foods (the ones pictured in the bottom of their char window) do:
- make them heal faster (both follows and guard mode)
- give them small immediate stat buffs (both follows and guard mode)
- give a chance that when their base stats increase on level-up, the increase for certain stats is bigger than normal (followers only b/c guards don’t level)
- for the levelling stat increase it seems to me like it may run out sooner than the immediate buff, and seems to end every time they level, and need to be refreshed.
Back in the day thrall and pet feeding was very buggy, like if you put in a stack and closed their inventory, the whole stack would just disappear. So I got in the habit of feeding active followers one piece at a time, to keep the levelling stat bonus running whenever they might level.
If wondering if the bugs got fixed, and what the features are now. All the articles and posts i can find are years old.
Anybody know the current state or a good page to look at for this type of info?
It would be convenient to drop a stack in them, and currently the “totally vanish” bug seems gone, but how fast will they eat through the stack, ie will they eat a piece:
- every time they end a fight with damage, to heal faster?
- whenever the immediate stat buff times out?
- whenever the levelling bonus times out or a level is hit?
Thx much for any insights!