Fish Decaying in Traps

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: East

It looks like fish are decaying (or somehow disappearing) from traps. This happens in Fish Traps, Shellfish Traps and Improved Fish Traps (don’t have any Improved Shellfish Traps to test with right now). I’m guessing this is related to fish not auto-spawning into the traps anymore. Previously, I could leave fish in the traps until I needed them and then pull them out. It seems likely that they were actually decaying/disappearing then as well, but were auto-spawning faster than they decayed so they could live in the traps. Now, I bait a trap, a fish shows up and then after their decay timer is up they disappear. (Hopefully this is a bug and not intended behavior.)

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place a fish trap
  2. Put bait in the trap
  3. Wait for a fish to show up
  4. Wait for that fish’s decay timer to expire and they disappear from the trap
1 Like

They were, I can confirm that.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Ours decayed as well, felt like a bit too much effort all day to collect more fish before they decay. And the exotic fishies spawn in so low rates. Had like 3-4 traps which i kept filling and emptying (4-5 times today) and got around 200 oil. With the high base costs from tinkerer bench for some upgrades this is too much grind. And then for hardened leather where u need a ton for… just for 1 epic armor… not good at all.

Letting them swim (just like fridge - no decay in there for fish n bugs) might be a good solution.

1 Like

Fish in traps have always had a decay timer.

I do think that timer should be increased or removed entirely.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I said :slight_smile:

But they should change that.

2 Likes

How in the heck did I misunderstand what you wrote? Somehow I read that as asking someone to confirm whether or not they had a decay timer. shrug

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.