Fishing ( Remove decay timer for fish still in baskets )

Or at the very least increase the decay timer of fish still in baskets. As an avid real life fisherman, it’s a very well know fact that fish can survive in a basket for days, but at least make it so fish in baskets get a 24 hour decay timer or something. Once the fish are removed from the basket, sure, toss in that short decay timer.

2 Likes

Oh and apparently I can’t place fish traps anymore??? I just tried placing traps in the entire river of SE corner of D11 on an official server. I couldn’t place the traps anywhere in the section of river between the 2 waterfalls, but for some odd reason, I am able to place the traps at the edge of the waterfalls? Seriously???

1 Like

Well some servers are having issues and that’s well known, so if you find any issues like this one report them to the bug section.
Now about the fish decay you are right especially on the improved fish traps. If by accident you look inside this trap you should take the fishes because some time after these fishes are not there anymore :wink:.
But…
Like you I like fishing too, the real one not the gaming…
So if I place my fish trap outside the water all I will get is crabbs not fishes. To get fishes your trap must be inside the water but anyway it is a game after all.
Now, about the decay of the fish traps is very good, they should leave it this way because some people make hundreds of them and they just leave them be, so it is good they decay fast :wink:.

Actually, no one makes hundreds of fish traps anymore because you have to put food in them to get fish, so that’s not even an issue. Making it so fish don’t decay while in the trap is a QoL feature that should have been part of the changes to begin with. Also, in case you missed it. I posted a screenshot of my fish trap in the water. I thought it would be quite obvious that the river section I was trying to put them in is broken, hence the update.

3 Likes

You will have to excuse me then, ps players are way behind. I really like the fact that you have to place food, or bait better inside the fish traps. It is making it more realistic and i like it. If you want me i can remove all my posts my friend. Still, about the servers issues i am right. A lot of servers are bugged. I visit often different servers to help others and each different one has bugs in different places. Not a month ago a player was complaining to Hugo about the same issue that you mention on water falls. Ofcurse when i check it on my servers (3) i had no issues, but still if something doesn’t happen to you it doesn’t mean that doesn’t exist.
Anyway, nice to talk to you m8, pardon me once more and if you want i delete my posts, cu.

1 Like

No need to delete. I don’t mind people giving input into a discussion. I’ve been playing this game since the beginning through all of its changes, developments and updates. It’s been a long road and I really enjoy the game. I’m just sad that the Conan Exile map is finished due to map size limitations. While I do enjoy the new Siptah map, the Exiles map just feels better to me. The world just flows better, but we’ll see what Funcom has in store for us.

I know they got the rights to make some new Dune games and I’m a huge fan of Dune, so if Conan is put on the backburner, at least it’s for an IP I can sink my teeth into as well. I just hope they continue to put love into this game because they truly did a very good job with it.

1 Like

@stelagel they are playing on PC with all the new changes. Not sure we will like them when parity patch hits
Hopefully they will tweak some things first.

1 Like

@sestus2009 still i find it fair. I really like the idea of farming baits for my fish traps, or my beehives won’t give me honey unless i put bees inside :wink:. The most awesome thing it would be to have a bait for every single fish or shellfish. We know so far that insects gives you blue fishes and fat grub is giving you exotic fish or lobster. Some fishes like greens and others like shrimps or small fishes, especially the greatest fishes. This would make the fishing experience a little bit more realistic and for me ofcurse this would be awesome.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.