Floating walls?

Official server.

Is this a natural phenomenon or some build pieces I’ve never seen before?

float

These are stable dlc pieces. They are basically full door frame but the top part is invisible which is why they look like that.

I’m pretty sure I’m close enough for them to load in the 2nd pic if they were going to. The server is never that laggy that I almost never see the inside of buildings; even when walking into a heavily built area. I also have a decent connection and fast computer.

So those stable DLC pieces are bugged or sth? I haven’t used them yet. Why is the frame invisible?

Because they are meant to be used with half doors. I know it looks silly but I kinda like what you can achieve with them. I have seen some pretty cool designs.

Basically, it is a door frame with the top half of it hidden but it still acts as if it is there:

2 Likes

Oh, lol yes. The last pic made it very clear, thanks Narelle!

Basically a half door frame that connects at the top as if it were a full sized frame. Ironically I have used a couple of those, I just never tried connecting anything on top. :smile:

2 Likes

here is a great example of what can be done with this weird effect.
All credit to smskcntr

2 Likes

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that one or his channel for a while, but I always preferred his builds as they’re more functional and less RP than many others.

Looks like a stability nightmare how it fans out like that at the top, though it makes me think of the possibilities.

One of my favourites was his Tank Castle -2. I have a variation of it on official, you can see a pic of it on page 730 of “Share your shelter”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.