Follower disappeared after logging out

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: North America

So I spent about 8 hours or so the other day leveling and gearing a thrall I had hoped to make my personal body guard. Afterwards I went back to my base, which is completely enclosed, with my bodyguard inside and then logged out. Today I logged in and they are no where to be found. They seemed to have just completely despawned. Is there anyway to get them back? Not sure how much longer I’ll play if everything I do, no matter how long it takes, can just be dumped as if it never happened.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Level up thrall
  2. Logout and back in
  3. ???
  4. Sadness

Your follower may have returned to the last place you put him on guard, which is now his ‘home’.

Regards

jim

Just tested that. Had to run damn near all the way across the map to the point where I first told them to follow and there they were. Thank you so much. So I’m assuming before I log off I need to tell them to guard a position inside my base?

Yes, wherever you want them to return after you logout or die while it’s following will need to be set by manually putting them to “guard” that spot. Otherwise it will default to the last spot whether that be when you placed it on the ground to summon or in an older base location that was moved from.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.