Guarding Thrall T4 disappeared

Game mode: Online official 1213
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: EU

Yesterday I left my T4 Berserker thrall guarding near my building. Today I didn’t find it on his usual place. Logs show nothing. Thrall pot also doesn’t have this thrall listed. All other thralls seem on their usual place. There was a purge on our base, but no records in log that this thrall was killed, etc.
Any thoughts what happened? And how can I get my lovely thrall back?

Thanks!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
This bug(?) can be eventually reproduced

1 Like

While I have never done it, I believe other players can use a truncheon on your thralls and re-break them. So maybe someone took him for “re-education?”

I don’t believe they can (though it’s a much-requested feature). Could be wrong, as I don’t play PvP.

1 Like

Just checking one thing … you say you left him to guard … this does mean you use the radial wheel “stand guard” function and did not have him in “follow” mode when you took him to where you wanted to guard and the selected “stop following”
… I ask this because if it’s the second (follow->stop following ) then he will not stay where he was put when “stop following” was chosen … he will instead stay put for a short time (10 minutes I think) and then go into “return to home” mode and head back to where he was last put down with the “guard” command.

Have you checked the event log for thrall/pet activity only set for the widest range possible Eg 10 000 ??
This might help to tell you if he’s returned home somewhere or is trying to return home.
I have two thralls that tend to fall through the ceiling tile on a pillar into a foundation at a staircase I built and go into an auto-run mode and IF they get free of the pillar as I approach them they start sprinting off into the distance … and only stop if they hit land they can’t run up …
so as I approach that staircase if I see one or both aren’t there … I first look at the foundation and pillar … then if they aren’t there I head to the hills nearby to see if they are running fruitlessly against them… (tbh I’m amazed neither have suicidedly run off the nearby ledge into the jaws of the Boss-Crocodile who resides in the nearby waterhole.)

The other hope is that the daily server reset will bump his coding to go into return home mode and he’ll be back in place after that.

5 Likes

But if someone took my thrall - should this be listed in the log?

Kwalya’s suggestion sounds the most likely here. I’ve made the mistake of simply telling my thrall to “Stop following” in my base instead of manually placing them to Guard, and they’ve gone back to the base where I took them out for a walk. (And in one case on a sandstone road in the middle of nowhere because I had told a dancer to guard there for a while when I was doing something dangerously stupid and didn’t want her to die. Took her home, told her to stop following, and the next time I logged in she was gone. I eventually found her dancing with the hyenas. I don’t intend to repeat this mistake with anyone harder to replace.)

1 Like

Just checking one thing … you say you left him to guard … this does mean you use the radial wheel “stand guard” function and did not have him in “follow” mode when you took him to where you wanted to guard and the selected “stop following”

Exactly. I did this many times and understand the difference between guarding and following.
I put my thrall on the same place as many times before, on the foundation if front of my building.
Also I have a thrall pot near this place - (once I found my pet under the foundation but it was showing in the pet feeder) - so I checked thrall pot to make sure that my thrall is not in area.

Have you checked the event log for thrall/pet activity only set for the widest range possible Eg 10 000 ??

Yes - I checked log for thrall events with a maximum range 10 000 from my spot and another one on an opposite side of map. Not a word about my thrall. Our base had a purge when I was offline and few thralls/pets died - but my favorite thrall wasn’t on this list.

The only thing that could happen - last day when I saw my thrall - I put him to guard on few places in the world (to avoid killing some npc before me )). So the server could remember not the last guarding spot (on my base) but some previous one (due to some error or so). I will check those places today. I guess this is the last hope…

Thanks Kwalya for the detailed post!

1 Like

Yes, I know such cases. I also had such experience before ) so I double checked this.
And in this case the log should have the message about thrall returning home.

Yeah, I thought you had probably checked it, but it was still worth asking. After all, it is an easy to make mistake, and some other readers of this thread may not have been aware of it.

I actually didn’t know that the log records thralls returning home.

Report back…

I found my thrall. It was guarding on the one of previous locations where I left him to guard.

2 Likes

Check your food pot, if the thrall is still listed he/she fell though the foundation and is under them somewhere.
Ive lost guards and pets that way. Once removed the 2 high foundation blocks and found em underneath.

Once I set up a thrall to guard my hut. It was a temporary shelter, so I didn’t worry about the wall. A thrall saw a crocodile across a river and ran to kill him. Then he began to patrol in that area, saw the next crocodile 50 meters further downstream and ran to kill him. Then I caught him and returned to the post. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Are you sure your berserker is not patrolling somewhere behind the rock?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.