Followers no longer consume one Food item upon placement into Inventory

Game mode Online private?
Host Combat_TestLive_US1_PvP
Mods None
Type of issue Bug / Misc
Server type PvP
Region North America
Version 204197/24057

I’ve tested this in Production PvE vs TestLive PvP, both online.
It does not appear in TestLive Singleplayer.

Placing diet-matching food into a Thrall / Pet should result in them immediately consuming one piece of that stack, with the item disappearing from their inventory, while they gain the respective attribute bonus.

What is expected (as it works in Production):

• Place a single piece of food into their inventory
  • Close their Inventory screen
  • Open their Stats screen - observe the Attribute Bonus has been applied
  • Close their Stats screen
  • Open their Inventory screen
  • Observe that the piece of food has disappeared

How this is working on TestLive:

• Place a single piece of food into their inventory
  • Close their Inventory screen
  • Open their Stats screen - observe the Attribute Bonus has been applied
  • Close their Stats screen
  • Open their Inventory screen
  • Observe that the piece of food is still shown in their inventory
  • You can not move this piece of food back into your inventory
  • You have to move it to a blank slot of their inventory for it to be invalidated and to cause it to disappear

You can also move a stack of food into their inventory, instead of just qty 1. The desired behavior would still be for them to consume 1 unit and for the remainder to fall under their default consumption behavior.

Testing Notes:

• Ideally you would follow a pattern of placing 2 or more foods into their inventory, sequentially observing the change in the Attribute Bonus each time.
  • There is a bug with most every thrall, that one of their diet elements causes the Attribute Bonuses to freeze up and no longer accept changes. That is a separate issue that the devs should address, but not the purpose of this post.

Single player - test-live
edit: no mods

I was unable to replicate your bug in testlive single player.
I tested using gruel and grilled steak on 5 different followers. I observed what you outline as expected in Production. I tried moving single pieces of food as well as stacks of food. Attribute bonuses updated on UI as expected.

Are you able to reproduce your bug in single player, or strictly online testlive server?

Should also specify the use of mods also, just to be clear if nothing else. And of course if using mods, disable them for testlive.

Thanks i updated my post to reflect i didn’t use mods

Thank you for taking the time to review and attempt to reproduce.

I can confirm that this does not happen in TestLive Singleplayer.

It still occurs for me in the TestLive Online server named: Combat_TestLive_US1_PvP
There should be no mods.
Though the server is listed as Official in the server browser, it doesn’t require BattleEye, so I made use of it.

Have been experiencing several other issues on that server. Maybe I should hold off on reporting those issues?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.