Fragments of Power in single player? Help

I’m trying to find the chests with the fragments of power in the unnamed city, but no chests appeared, I went to several points indicated in the various videos I saw and nothing, none are there, have the locations changed? I really need them to learn the board and the other papyri with recipes

Seeing you’re in singleplayer mode, there’s nothing stopping you from using admin to grab a few.

1 Like

The problem with single player is that the “server” reboots each and every time you start the game. That means things that are tied to a timer that is dependent on server start time can potentially not happen for a very long time. For example, the meteor storms in the snowy region are on a variable timer. That timer only starts after somebody (that would be you) visits the region. Once you go there, you have to wait at least 30 minutes or something before a meteor storm happens, which makes getting star metal ore in single player a little problematic, but not impossible. At least in the Exiled Lands.

In this case, I think those chests might be on a similar spawn timer. I don’t know how long it is, but it could potentially be quite long. I very rarely ever come across one of those particular chests in single player.

What this means is that in single player, you’re pretty much dependent on unnamed city boss kills for fragments of power. That or admin commands. (ie. cheating)

4 Likes

Thanks,I was happy with your help, and very disappointed with the game since I only play in single player, I hate using cheating and getting things in admin mode, too bad the game, in one player, is not as editable as Ark survival evolved.

The challenge, that’s the interesting thing about the single player game, being able to keep things going with the standard difficulty, get the resources to create better weapons and kill the toughest bosses. enter the dangerous places and know that I need to find the right resources to make better weapons. I don’t like to cheat, it takes some of the fun out of the game, at least for me personally

You can fight the bosses in the city and they drop them…

2 Likes

If you set a maproom near UC, you can teleport far away, for example into the jungle, then back.
Leaving the area and/or teleporting (admin teleport, or maproom usage) resets everything in single player.
If I farm a boss I do the admin teleport away than back instead of savequitting.

1 Like

It’s pretty long. My regular sessions are rarely long enough to find any of these chests, and if I quit to menu for a snack break or something, the timer restarts.

But with a good thrall, whacking those bosses in the City isn’t such a chore, and they sometimes drop other fancy things too.

1 Like

I didn’t realize there were chests with pieces of power in Unnamed City, I’ve never seen one! I have been farming bosses for them.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help, I think I’m going to beat the bosses down anyway, Dragon bosses from what I’ve read don’t drop fragments of power, is that right?

Thanks guys, if anyone knows a way to find these chests, please help here.

1 Like

Of dragon bosses, only the Red Mother drops Fragments. The green in the south, and the red at the northern entrance, don’t.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.