Frequent crashing

I got the game a couple days ago on Epic, since it’s free. I started the game earlier today, got about 5 or 6 minutes in, and it crashed. I tried to play it again, loaded the save, and it crashed again within 30 seconds. I’ve tried verifying it, reinstalling it, updating drivers, restarting the PC, starting a new game, saving and loading the file, just about every bloody thing I can think of, and it still crashes within 30 seconds of getting into the game (this has happened around 10 times now). I don’t believe it’s an issue with my PC, as the specs are above what’s listed on Epic, and I’m not quite sure what could be causing it. (as a sidenote, some of the startup bits are a bit choppy and the audio’s off by a second or two in the cutscene, though I don’t believe this has much to do with the issue). Anyways, all things considered, it’s unplayable at the moment for me at least, and I just want to get this issue resolved. (Here’s a few more details in case they help find the issue. It doesn’t just flat out crash, instead it just boots to the homescreen after causing each of my monitors to flicker, and goes unresponsive although audio still plays until it asks me to close down the program).
As for specs:

• Processor: AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Graphics Card: GTX 660

Possibly Fixed:
Apparently windowed fullscreen causes the game to crash. So far it hasn’t crashed after switching to fullscreen, but I’ll update if it starts up again.

Hello @Voodootoo, welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing your findings with us, we’ll be sure to forward this data to the developers!

I’m having similar problems. The time it takes to crash varies between near immediate to up to 30 minutes.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
AMD Radeon RX 590 - 8Gb (using driver version 8.1.1.1634)
16 Gb RAM
Win 10 (64 bit)

1 Like

Hello @Menzo, welcome to the forums and thank you for your input!

As Voodootoo suggested above, does switching to Fullscreen ( non-windowed ) mode help?

No, switching the modes does not seem to help at all.

Thank you for reporting back, please let us know through which storefront you’ve purchased the game ( Steam, Epic, GOG, etc ) and, if possible, share one or more of the crash logs privately through DM ( you may find them within the AppData\Local\ZoneUE4\Saved\Crashes folder ).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.