Friendly Trading Between Clans, what's would you use or want as money? What is fair?

How’s it look now c:

What ya think now? :smiley:

I’m trying to wrap my head around 2000 silver coins…/

1 Like

How many Fragments of powder is fair for 10 star metal bars?

That will depend a little on how many people are on the server. Fragments are very easy to get if there is no competition.

2 Likes

What I have contributed so far is that I would pay 200 Gold Bars (not coins) for 10 Star Metal Bars. Also, that I think silver coins are 1/10 the value of gold coins.

I back steelfire as currency because it loosely meets the classic scholarly definition of a currency. If you want raw trading power, Armor Scraps are where it’s at.

2 Likes

Here’s how i’d set price if you wanted a fixed price. Index everything to hardened brick and make 1000 from scratch and note the time it takes you (say it comes to 100/hr or something). Then note the time it takes to make anything you care about and convert that to brick. You could in the end normalize to gold if you want the most currency esque thing. This would give you value as a function of playtime which is probably the most empirical quantity you could use.

2 Likes

You would be shocked if you counted up the booty from a week’s worth of packs – keep them intact and they’re much, much lighter. I like to run my route, then spadge (dump and run) everything into my Set Altar. Cook up some tasty hearts, rinse and repeat. At the end of my sesh, I right-click each of the packs in the Altar and whammo, supplies up to my harness.

1 Like

Barnes mention it to be 10 sliver coins to 1 gold, idk I’m no expert, looked it up with no results and though it would be interested if clans trade resources. You could made cute shops and stuff :smiley:

Sry, I meant I looked up to see if someone else made a list of what stuff is worth.

I just don’t see anyone valuing starmetal that highly, I go on a run that takes like 30 minutes and 10 explosive arrows and with an oil pick I can bring back like half a box of the stuff. I realize they’ve made it more useful now that all of the upgrade kits take it (and I’m thankful they did, hoping to find a use for all this obsidian we have someday), but once you know how to farm it you can get a ton in no time.

Gold can be a pain, and I’ve heard that they’ve nerfed the amount you get from obsidian nodes, but once we filled the box of base (after the last stack size change) and filled up a couple boxes of layered fur and hardened leather, and now the base is just piling up in the cauldron. Rocknoses are pretty responsible for that, but really they’re only super-helpful once you have a supply of gold/base and you’re just looking to increase your stockpile. If you’re at the stage where you are constantly needing gold for base, they’re not going to be enough. So gold can be pretty valuable depending on the current stage you are in the clan life-cycle.

Silver overall is pretty worthless, it’s super easy to get and you can come back with several hundred bars from a quick run. I’ve never heard of anyone who was in short supply of silver for long.

Iron bars, stone, and wood are all going to end up suffering from inflation. To buy anything worth while you’d have to trade like 100-200k of them, not worth it.

Purge thralls are going to vary, people would pay a lot more for a purge blacksmith or armorer than they would a tanner (I mean really, grubs into silk at the artisan table, what is that?). Fighters and Archers might be worth a bit, but that would be Faction-based.

Named crafters again depend on your stage as a clan. I once had to tell my guys “Stop bringing back #^**ing Alchemists!” Because we had so many. I’m always happy to see a smelter or maybe a taskmaster come in, but the others are a dime a dozen right now.

I’ll always take hardened brick or even steel fire, that stuff is constantly used and can be a pain to make.

TLDR - What is valuable to a clan depends on where that clan is sitting on the timeline, except purge blacksmiths, steel fire, or hardened brick.

1 Like

Bitcoin

1 Like

I made a little trading outpost with a cook and a fermentation barrel as the drop container. A single foundation with a roof and a sign. I was even feeling generous and put it closer to my friends base than mine so he could easily put goods in to trade.

1 Like

CONAN CURRENCY AND STOCKMARKET so far

If Everything cost the same. (Debatable)

star metal bars

Gold coins

Silver coins

Steel fire

???
Steel reinforcements

???
Purge thrall

???
Ledgnary repairkits

???
Harden brick

???
Alchemical base

???
Named table thralls

???
Iron bars

???
Rocks

???
Wood

???
Fragments of power

???
Features

???
Sticks

I do not get that at all. I mean I have 6 rocknose pens, a full chest of base, full chest of layered fur, 2 chests of hardened leather, and 1k gold bars sitting in reserve, and I still wouldn’t give a single gold bar for 10 starmetal bars.

Are you trolling or do you just hate farming starmetal that much??

1 Like

I haven’t done any of this farming yet so I don’t know, just so we all get and idea of Conan currency, if you needed 10 star metal out of the blue how much gold would you give up.

Lol

I mean maybe a few coins? Like 2?

1 Like

Bitcoin & Ripple?

1 Like

I don’t know it’s why I’m asking :slight_smile: was only figuring a currency for trading, need a actual number…not just items and workers a amount too. If you wanna list everything that’s of value, that’s fine but it’s just a list of stuff with out the value. Thank you so much for helping