Full Green Dye very different

Here’s a comparison of full green dye in the dye window and in use. The difference is ridiculous. I’d much rather it look as it does in the dye window. That’s a beautiful green. In use, it’s ugly green.

5 Likes

wow, in the preview window that looks quite nice. On that thrall (or you, not sure who it is on) it looks…bloody awful. What the hell happened?

3 Likes

That’s me, and that’s what I’m saying. In the preview window, the dye in the square looks closer to the actual color. But on the preview armor, it’s awesome! If they ever have time to address this difference, I really hope they go with that color.

2 Likes

Did it even dye? It looks like the original color in the preview window. Have you tried dark green dye?
Plus your guy on the right looks like he has a green face. . . lol.

2021-11-07 12_09_13-frog saying wtf - Google Search

2 Likes

This is the same for pretty much every dye. Looks much better in the preview.

2 Likes

You solved it JJ, that’s where the dye went!!!

2 Likes

What armor is that BTW? I wanted to duplicate the dye effect, but do not recognize it, which means it is most likely Siptah spawn.
I did test it on some Nemedian armor, try the deep sea green, it shows as a light bluish color but dyes as a dark green.

2 Likes

Try to dye the aquilonian armor full red, plain red to see the outcome. It’s almost brown but I like it :rofl::rofl::rofl:. In some armor pieces the sade is changing, yet I really wonder, how @Wolfkyn managed to get a green skin? Is it possible!?

1 Like

Srsly no one ever noticed this before? This has been like this since they released the Full Dyes.

#buggygame

1 Like

Mod called Fanastiewesen

1 Like

The original color is red. That’s the medium Poitain chest piece. And, yes, I do have a green face, and pointy ears. Just like my profile pic. :smiley:

3 Likes

I usually go with Full Blue, or the original red. Decided to go green this time around.

Yea, quite a few show differently. But this color difference is extreme.

So you can dye yourself green but not your armor? okaaaay

3 Likes

In my opinion players have rightly observed that the forums help focus the devs onto issues that require attention. Now would be the time to bring up the dye and material inconsistencies, it would seem.

5 Likes

It is called prioritizing, and I am sure that mismatching dye is right up there with dried berries decaying too fast.
I am positive many people have noticed it in the past. I am also sure that FC knows about it.

https://forums.funcom.com/search?q=dye

1 Like

It’s fine. The preview /may/ use a different lighting is all. Place that character in the shade at a specific time of day and it will match up perfectly. And before you suggest it, no, using the current lighting where-ever / whenever you’re standing isn’t a solution because at sunset for example, your whites would look orange, etc.

Well, “red wuns go fastah!”, and that’s a fact (probably ™)

How very fitting to the current zeitgeist!

1 Like

I did a search for dyes not matching but didn’t find that thread. I wouldn’t have bothered if I’d known FC’s already aware. Don’t like to bother them unnecessarily. I’m just bad at searching, I guess.

I can’t imagine lighting being the only cause for that severe of a difference. I took both pics within seconds of each other. And if the preview color doesn’t match the lighting you’re currently in, then it’s still a very innaccurate preview.

LMAO, people bother cheating even just to dye their armor?! Dyes are so easy, how lazy can people playing a video game be?

3 Likes