Funcom, add the battle pass rewards to the Bazaar, seriously

I’ve started playing Conan less than a month ago, and so, this means that I wasn’t even here to be able to get the Arcane Sandstone and the other building pieces.

Just add them to the bazaar and call it a day, no one cares about “exclusivity”. You can even set the price for each one of them to be half a battle pass price, so when the battle pass is active, you can get the items at a “discount”. This way you can monetize the game even more and stop pissing off your customer base.

7 Likes

Well… I will stay constructive in my response despite the unnecessary invective. There are two things at play; one to generate straight revenue and one to keep people playing. The BP is the items you get for playing today; that’s part of the “price”. It costs you around $10 to start a bp and then you get the money back by completing the challenges (which can be cheesed with minimal effort). If you can’t be bothered to do that, what is the motivation to provide special dispensation?

5 Likes

What part of “started playing a month ago” you didn’t get? How can I be “present” in a game that I don’t even own?

1 Like

Shouldve started earlier if you wanted those items. You missed them. Live and learn.

1 Like

Oh yes, lemme just create a million accounts on several games that I MIGHT play one day in order to not miss a reward from a predatory system. Yeah, let’s do that.

NOT.

8 Likes

Sadly, people very much do care about exclusivity, to the point you’re called cheap if you don’t agree with them and want to share the stuff you own with someone else.

I mostly disagree with exclusivity – there are a few corner cases – but it looks like people like you and me are outliers, because Funcom clearly seems to have gotten the message from the playerbase that exclusivity is important. I mean, it’s no coincidence that they sent out a really detailed (and rather invasive) survey and some time later we got this new monetization system.

Getting back to your topic, I have a hunch that some of the stuff from the BP might end up in BLB, but not until the whole Age of Sorcery is very much done and has become old news.

3 Likes

The thing with the DLCs not being able to be shared and used by people that don’t own them is fine, because you can just purchase it at ANY time that is convenient to you, but rewards tied to a battle pass is just stupid. I have the money, I want to buy it, why can’t I?

It makes ZERO sense from a business perspective to stop your customers from spending their money on your products.

3 Likes

From a business perspective it actually does make sense :slight_smile:
You see there’s a tactic they use called FOMO(fear of missing out), and while it really doesn’t apply to you because you are already too late to the party for the first battlepass, but what do you think happens with initial battlepass sales if they can be purchased at any point?

Also if you at a later point can pick and choose exactly what item from the battlepass you want, how much do you think all the filler items(80-90%) will sell?

I don’t like it anymore than you do, I also would like things to be transparent and available at any time, but they have lots of expert that has a lot of experience in playing tricks with our minds in order to make us spend as much money as possible, some are more receptive than others, but for them it is not so much about making the best game possible anymore, it is more about keeping the game enough interesting for people to spend money on decorative items so they have a money stream until their next big game is launched :wink:

Well at least that is how I see it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Start a thread saying Royal Armor and Atlantean Sword should be made available again and you will see everyone who does care about exclusivity come out. It is because of the responses of those such threads (for there have been many) are why we have limited time Battlepass items.

People LIKED their exclusive items. Funcom gave them more. The content is for those players.

Not saying it is right, just saying what happened.

8 Likes

Just to note, there already have been an item or two from the Season 1 Battle Pass (in a reskinned variety) in the Bazaar rotation. Arcane Curio Cabinet was the BP items, this one does not recall what the Bazaar version was called.
The Bazaar version was different colours and looked distinctly less blingy.

So, perhaps the future holds your desires.
Also, in the meantime, which are the specific items you wanted? They did note if there was sufficient interest they may make a different version of BP items for the Bazaar.

While this one personally would prefer everything have evergreen availability… This one’s preferences are not the model Funcom was decided to run with… That is unlikely to change, so this one tends to focus on more attainable goals.

2 Likes

They will not add battle pass items to the bazaar, they have been very clear on that point.

However, Den also said that if we complain enough, it is possible that they could change their minds about making old battle passes gone forever. The problem is people aren’t complaining enough yet.

Make your voices heard. Recruit your family, friends, and neighbor’s dog. Drown out the voices of the predatory marketing apologist minority.

4 Likes

Those items were proved to not be exclusive thou. Its only a Contract obligation they don’t get added to store.

One day the code for PSN copy will Expire… and New copies of UK game will stop existing.

I’m not a fan of pre-order myself. I’d rather know about a game 1st, Instead of making bad investments with cut off dates… hoping the game will be good.
I don’t think punishing people who are careful with there purchases and rewarding people who are willing jump in on stuff is best way go.

Thats me. (again, pre-order for games)

As I mention in another thread… Potions you get in Battle Pass… I’ve never got to use them. There gone. All cause of Blue Screen. No way to redeem them… I payed of them.
And I’ll never get them. The System needs some work.

I don’t think player base had any say in this… someone who knows how to nickle and dime players did.
fact a group of players agree’d with there “expert” is only icing on cake to them.
There rubbing there hands together going “yesss yesss…”
tenor
You like that exclusivity don’t you.
YES YES… counts money

exclusivity is just a sales pitch, to make consumer think they have something others don’t. You bought into the idea… money gone. And now can’t expect fact you spent money in such a manner and don’t want anyone else to have it to. =p

I wish exclusivity would eat a bag of rocks and choke and die off.

Gaming is for Everyone. =3 Or use to be…

2 Likes

The exclusivity part actually doesnt matter to me at all. I just see it as a way to encourage constant engagement with the game to get items you only get by “playing” the game (cheesing in sp aside) and the bazaar as the more general way of generating revenue. A way to get items for either playstyle that if you are a collector, encourages both. I could care less of someone is able to buy the royal armor vs me that already has it. I just assume people who make video games for a living know more about how to make it successful than I do, just like I know more about my business than they do.

1 Like

I would suggest a different game until the devs decide to remove fomo from the game. Fomo is a cancer that destroys games for quick and easy profits. I was strongly against it with tons of feedback but was ignored. I paid for every dlc before they decided this to support the game and bought said game for friends. Now I tell friends who are interested to look elsewhere and its kinda of sad because the game itself is really good, just the new systems are outright predatory.

3 Likes

Fomo has been in the game since 2017. Why did you initially even buy it knowing that?

the armor from the first battle pass was also in the bazaar.

so I don’t think the battle pass rewards are exclusive.

Unless they made another mistake?

Which?

Battle Pass sets include:

• Acheronian illusionist
  • Fiend
  • Gurnakhi
  • Ophidian Magi
  • Theurgical Aegis

Bazaar sets include:

• Acheronian Legate
  • Aesir Raider
  • Bone Conjurer
  • Gurnakhi Vandal
  • Khitan Exiled
  • Pictish Rite Dancer
2 Likes

The two Gruntkhaki are somewhat different.
This one thinks they might be different default weight class, and the Battle Pass one was Bulkier, more prominent tusks if this one recalled.

Unless you are noting similarities between the Acheron and Theurgic Aegis…

1 Like

I’m not saying I like the marketing strategy or anything like that, but, as others have pointed out, exclusivity has been a successful marketing strategy since… probably when someone first came up with a marketing strategy. “Limited time offers” etc. have existed since before the internet, when mail ordering was done by cutting coupons out of catalogues and snail-mailing them to the seller. Brick-and-mortar stores still do that all the time.

You may not care about exclusivity. I may not care about exclusivity. But evidence strongly suggests that you and I do not represent everyone, or even such a significant majority that modern marketing experts see any reason to change their strategies.

I wasn’t aware fomo was in the game at all till the battlepass and store items that are temporary up. I come to visit the forums every now and then to see if anything changes.