Funcom Launcher preview on testlive (2021-02-27)

This is all valuable feedback and the kind of feedback the devs are asking for.

I mostly play on a single server, so the continue function works well for me because I usually log always on the same server. However, I do wish to have an option/drop-down to select which mod list to launch the game with.

2 Likes

Yes, because the majority of the servers require BE so the feature is tailored towards the majority rather than the minority. You have an option to Uninstall BE.

I donā€™t have a problem with that. Still the default option is to install BE and drachenfeles answer to that was ā€˜not reallyā€™. But weā€™re getting off topicā€¦ letā€™s stop this.

1 Like

For the last 2 days, the launcher continue button is greyed out and not working. Not sure what changed? I see there was a fix for the issue, but seems it didnā€™t fix.

Interesting, just to confirm ā€¦ The continue button was working for you before and now it doesnā€™t? What version is your launcher?

Mine is 1.0.0278664.

p.S. For me the button worked and continues to work.

when I look up properties, I have:

FIle version: 1.0.16520.0
Product version: 1.0.278664.0

I could not see any versions in the actual launcher, so I just did properties in task manager.

1 Like

I like how you turned all the negative feedback into something really useful.
Iā€™m one of those that hated the launcher in the first place but i love the execution of this one, it removes most of the inconveniences of opening the game, manage mods and get directly into the fun. so far i donā€™t have any problem with it, but here is some feedback:

• I would love to have an option to hide all the games i do not own, or at least to separate them from those that i play.
  • Change the launch and continue button colors to some orange to have a bit of contrast with the rest of the interface, also the gray one feels as its not available when in fact it works pretty well
  • Quicker access to dev notes would be appreciated, if i could read the right from the launcher would be awesome, at least the current ones, and to have access to previous notes too.
  • The intro videos still play when i click on continue, but they skip so fast that i canā€™t really watch, it looks bad, itā€™s better to remove them.
2 Likes

Cyryus, I agree. I was dreading the launcher originally, but this one is actually a bit more helpful than it annoying, with the Continue button. I also would prefer the games I donā€™t own to be hidden, but like every other launcher from other companies, they really want us to keep seeing their other offerings, on the slim hope that we just decide to try something new. For me, that day will come when Dune appears.

2 Likes

Hi! We fixed one bug with this, so itā€™s unfortunate if we broke something else in the process. Weā€™ll see what we can figure out.

Are you using the standalone Conan Exiles - Testive Client, or the Testlive branch of the Conan Exiles client?
And what type (solo, coop, official server, other server) of game are you trying to reconnect to? Did or could you try to switch to a different type, either a solo game or an official testlive server?

I believe it is the Testlive Client. Screenshot by Lightshot

I am running a testlive dedicated server, but will go connect to an official testlive server and see how it plays out. report in a few

Edit: No change accessing Official Siptah Pve-c server. Tried a few times and the continue is always greyed out. Also did a couple solo tries and no luck on the button.

1 Like

Thank you! Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

I will be out tomorrow, but have shared the thread link with the team and theyā€™ll have a look at it.

2 Likes

Hello @sirvink, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Weā€™ve reached out to you privately to request that you share your ā€œGame.iniā€ file with us, further details can be found within the DM.

2 Likes

I would like to point out that this is a good example of the communication problem people complain about on the forums. Instant answers when it pertains to the giant wall of advertising thatā€™s going up but yet barely an answer to the concerns over things like mobs teleporting to the center of the world or a myriad of other things that you would think there would be a little more interest in things that you would think would be at least equally important.

Now before we start yelling at me this is simply an observation not a judgement in either direction.

Hi, weā€™ve previously stated on the patch notes that this is both a known issue and that weā€™re currently working on a fix:

Please be aware that, despite being unable to directly reply to all posts, we actively monitor the forums for player feedback, so if you have any concern or issue that hasnā€™t been addressed in the patch notes be sure to share it within that same thread or as a new post in this section.

And that was exactly what I was saying. If the issue is so important to respond personaly and privately with an individual to fix it, the same could be said for select other issues that could be considered equally as important. Not all of them of course but a few of the bigger ones. That alone would go a long way to easing the minds of the player base that are concerned about the lack of interest. The fact that Hugo almost instantly answered this, kind of hammers home my point I am thinking.

You think this is the only time Funcom has ever reached out to an individual privately for files? Thatā€™s insanely ignorant and false.

Thread is about feedback to help improve the launcher. Can we please for once keep a thread meant for specific feedback, on topic?

2 Likes

Of course I donā€™t Multigun, and my post wasnā€™t there to get your hackles up, simply posting feedback that I personally find relevant. If you would like me to stop speaking of things that strike me personally as important just say so.

No, thatā€™s not what heā€™s saying at all. Heā€™s saying, in his own way, to post your thoughts in your own thread and please, donā€™t derail this one. You have every right to speak your mind and share your thoughts. So make your own thread and go do that so your issue can be discussed.

2 Likes

I think to be fair here, the new launcher is the new portal into the game. The feature most liked about the launcher, which will lead to more people using it, rather than just bypassing it, is the ā€œContinueā€ button. That makes it quite critical to the success and makes it pretty high profile/priority.

Iā€™m not interested in the other Funcom games and their wall of marketing. That may change when Dune comes out though. But if their marketing wall gets a few clicks here and there, they get more revenue, which helps keep development alive.

Over the years Iā€™ve dealt with Funcom support, Iā€™ve found them to be pretty attentive to all manor of game issues. I donā€™t always agree with their direction on game development and balance tweaking, but compared to most game companies, they really get an A+ for their efforts to respond to issues reported (accept maybe for server administration on the hundreds of official servers out there, but they are also not the front line for support on them I believe).

Solving issues isnā€™t always a quick fix. I remember one a couple years ago that took months to track down and they worked extensively with forum members, using monitoring logs, config dumps, etc. They did solve it and the game runs better than ever.

In many cases, just a report of a game bug is al they need to start diagnosing a problem. In this case with me, they needed to hit me up directly, since it looks like the bug may be more specific to my setup and is unreproducable on their end, without my config data.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I said thatā€¦it was just an observation not a point that needed arguing. Apologies if it rubbed people the wrong way.

2 Likes